This thread is privately moderated by Inflexo, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Nov 19, 2010, 09:48 PM
Hi Paul, Thanks for updating the Firmware on the PGMS - works GREAT with the T & t commands. Cheers.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 19, 2010, 11:37 PM
Magicsmoke maker
You're welcome - sorry it took a bit longer than anticipated to do the upgrade and get it back to you.

I've not had a chance to play with the retracts but I'm really wanting to!

Paul.
Nov 23, 2010, 09:36 PM
Paul

just checked my strobe unit and found that it was on all the time, so tried the T command and is working good now. Thats an excellent feature.

Tony
Nov 23, 2010, 09:40 PM
Magicsmoke maker
Tony,

Thanks for letting me know - I think that was actually /my/ fault as I tested the t/T facility before sending it out to you.... forgot to turn it back off.

Paul
Nov 28, 2010, 08:40 PM
Magicsmoke maker
Okay folks, I've got a real predicament here... I've only got enough spare $ to process one new project, which is either the large power distribution board, or the remote tracking device.

Not sure which way I'm going to fall off this knife-edge.

Paul
Dec 01, 2010, 04:35 PM
Twisted and Confused
I would think that you would get a lot more demand for the remote tracking device?

There are a number of other hobbies/jobs that it would be helpful to. E.g. I frequent a rocket site than they happily shell out $100+ for a single tracking device.

Good luck either way!

Steve
Dec 01, 2010, 05:06 PM
Magicsmoke maker
As it turns out, the power distribution boards have been submitted and the remote-tracking device is being worked on a bit more.

I've got a small GPS module coming to me next week which I'll see if I can incorporate into the whole system to provide location-transmission, though I fear it'll be perhaps too fragile to cope.

Paul
Jan 26, 2011, 12:26 PM

LiPo Internal Resistance

I have found it very important to monitor the internal resistance of a LiPo. It tells me if the battery is good, bad, or going bad.

I notice the PLD-IRM-004 is out of stock. Any ideas on when this will be available? Are there any related or upgraded versions of this available?
Jan 26, 2011, 06:49 PM
Magicsmoke maker
I'm not sure when I'll be making more of the IRM-004 boards, I suspect it's time I actually looked at designing the IRM-005 and incorporate the 4-wire/kelvin test system.
Jan 26, 2011, 06:58 PM
Kelvin or Celsius, whatever works best (ha ha)!
Jan 26, 2011, 11:56 PM
Magicsmoke maker
Oooh, punny punny stuff - my kind of humor
Jan 27, 2011, 12:15 AM
ancora imparo
Paul, that would be a good move IMO.

But you already know my views on IR and 4 wire.

John
Quote:
Originally Posted by pldaniels View Post
I'm not sure when I'll be making more of the IRM-004 boards, I suspect it's time I actually looked at designing the IRM-005 and incorporate the 4-wire/kelvin test system.
Jan 27, 2011, 12:42 AM
Magicsmoke maker
Indeed. The trouble is always though making that jump - since it's more than just a 'simple' leap to 4-wire.
Jan 28, 2011, 08:05 AM

Why I am Interested

I just wanted to pass on why I think this is a great product to have for all us electric RCers. I fly pattern, and the direction is going electric. All the top winners fly electric, and you use big 10S packs pulling about 80 amps. Batteries are key to performance, and I have found internal resistance (IR) is how I know when the battery needs to be replaced.

The only charger I have found to measure IR is the CellPro, but sometimes, I just want to check my batteries without going through a charge cycle. This product would allow me to do that.

But I have found in the Pattern community, not too many people know about the IR issue and how it can be used as a "bad battery" check. I think advertising in the Pattern community (like K-Factor mag) would help.

Once this product is available, I am ordering one, and then letting my club know about it.
May 06, 2011, 10:53 PM
Magicsmoke maker
Hi folks.

The global market is changing and NQRC is having to change with it.

I'm clearing out as much stock as I can at the moment so that I've got
enough cashflow to move to the next phase.

Kits are from $10 to $30 off.
Props are all half price.
Various other items slashed to silly prices.

http://nqrc.com/?page=specials

Regards,
Paul.
NQRC WWW site - http://nqrc.com