This thread is privately moderated by DustyPockets, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Apr 21, 2009, 08:47 PM
A fool in a field.
Thread OP
Discussion

How did this happen?

Well it started a couple of years ago, a simple Aero Ace from Toys r Us. I had a ball with it on calm summer evenings, easy to fly, bounce them off trees, chase the cat, all innocent fun.......

Later in the summer I started to slide down the slippery slope. I always wanted a RC helicopter. On a trip to St. Louis I purchased a Blade CP, wise choice?.......probably not, but too late now.

I don't know how many hours it took me to hover that darn thing, but I kept at it and now am a "fair" Heli flyer. I jumped into fixed wing with a Slowstick, It was okay but I did not really get excited about fixed wing until I bought a Easystar.

I now have a Compy FP heli, 2 Kings, a modified Honeybee. Fixed wing hanger includes the Easystar and Superfly.I then got into scratchbuilt foamies so now a Firefly (a Superfly clone), 2 Nutballs, Drenalyn and a slofly.

Is all this money and time worth it?, you bet!
to remove ads between posts
Apr 21, 2009, 09:46 PM
guitarflyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Champaignmike
Well it started a couple of years ago, a simple Aero Ace from Toys r Us. I had a ball with it on calm summer evenings, easy to fly, bounce them off trees, chase the cat, all innocent fun.......

Later in the summer I started to slide down the slippery slope. I always wanted a RC helicopter. On a trip to St. Louis I purchased a Blade CP, wise choice?.......probably not, but too late now.

I don't know how many hours it took me to hover that darn thing, but I kept at it and now am a "fair" Heli flyer. I jumped into fixed wing with a Slowstick, It was okay but I did not really get excited about fixed wing until I bought a Easystar.

I now have a Compy FP heli, 2 Kings, a modified Honeybee. Fixed wing hanger includes the Easystar and Superfly.I then got into scratchbuilt foamies so now a Firefly (a Superfly clone), 2 Nutballs, Drenalyn and a slofly.

Is all this money and time worth it?, you bet!
its ok my friend.just remember were all in this together and we can get through this.maybe a nice
edf jet would help.

Quick Reply