FPM R30FS Design Updates - Page 4 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Jun 22, 2009, 11:39 PM
Registered User
Guidoracer's Avatar
village: Nolan already made one. But for racing, a two-speed it totally unnecessary, even against a low-turn brushless electric bike, trust me.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jun 23, 2009, 09:59 AM
Inciting Riots
village_idiot's Avatar
Yes, but it would be cool!
Jun 23, 2009, 10:39 AM
Registered User
Nolan Farmer's Avatar
Here's the green R30FS that has not been run. It has the two-speed installed.

I might be putting it on eBay I need funding for the production run.

Jay Leno are you listening?

I would supply with single speed and spares of course.

Nolan
Jun 27, 2009, 12:42 AM
Registered User
Nolan Farmer's Avatar
Burning the midnight oil.......... The Micro Spur drive Proto's are done. The coutersprocket is in 4130 steel and will be hardened along with the flywheel/drive gears.

This is Stubby's bike that I have one spare fuel tank for. I have most of the parts needed so I am going to try to get both bikes updated soon to test the changes.

He's pretty excited I think
Jun 29, 2009, 12:26 PM
I'm hooked on RC Moto
stubbyphilips's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolan Farmer
Burning the midnight oil.......... The Micro Spur drive Proto's are done. The coutersprocket is in 4130 steel and will be hardened along with the flywheel/drive gears.

This is Stubby's bike that I have one spare fuel tank for. I have most of the parts needed so I am going to try to get both bikes updated soon to test the changes.

He's pretty excited I think
Excited is an understatement.

Pissin my pants is more like it.

Ordered motor, carb, clutch, shoes, will send tires, wheels, forks, servos, bearings, and all else.

DANG, can't wait to get my hands on this thing.
Jun 29, 2009, 02:31 PM
Registered User
Guidoracer's Avatar
Go Stubby!!! Show the World what a thumper bike can do!!!
Jul 14, 2009, 11:08 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolan Farmer
Burning the midnight oil.......... The Micro Spur drive Proto's are done. The coutersprocket is in 4130 steel and will be hardened along with the flywheel/drive gears.

This is Stubby's bike that I have one spare fuel tank for. I have most of the parts needed so I am going to try to get both bikes updated soon to test the changes.

He's pretty excited I think

Hi, Nolan

Any latest update on your bike?
Jul 14, 2009, 11:36 PM
Registered User
Nolan Farmer's Avatar
Stubby was first on my list so I am getting the first new prototype done for him to test at the worlds. Thankyou Steven! Before breaking off onto one I made qtys of some 7075 parts including the swingarms and got the frame bending down.
It is good to go through the design one more time on his bike to insure a good product.

Crunch time
Jul 15, 2009, 08:35 AM
Big thrills w/o hospital bills
scaulfi's Avatar
Love your bike Nolan, I've been a silent admirer of it ever since you first posted pics of it. Stubby is a lucky man getting to race it at the worlds, and I guess I'm lucky I'll get to see it in person..

See you in Germany Stubby..

Shaun
Jul 16, 2009, 02:54 PM
Registered User
Nolan Farmer's Avatar

Getting Closer


I wish I could go, though I am glad someone who is familar with the bike is going. I thought I would have to wait until next year.

We have transmission!

She gets Aleven wheels, forks, brakes, rider and chain drive.

N
Jul 16, 2009, 03:20 PM
I'm hooked on RC Moto
stubbyphilips's Avatar
I'm gonna have my hands full with this little beasty.
Jul 16, 2009, 04:20 PM
Registered User
Sweet, can't wait for mine. Really...

Stubby, are you racing that bike in the Worlds?

Laz
Jul 16, 2009, 06:42 PM
I'm hooked on RC Moto
stubbyphilips's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazman
Sweet, can't wait for mine. Really...

Stubby, are you racing that bike in the Worlds?

Laz
Well, I will be at the worlds and I will have the bike. I will pay the entrance fee and heaven only knows if I will be racing with it.

Nolan says it is easy to start and runs reliably, if that is the case, I will at least be running the qualifiers and hopefully I will be fast enough to make it to the mains.

We will now have a moment of silence to pray.
Jul 16, 2009, 06:56 PM
Bruce
Quote:
Originally Posted by stubbyphilips
Well, I will be at the worlds and I will have the bike. I will pay the entrance fee and heaven only knows if I will be racing with it.

Nolan says it is easy to start and runs reliably, if that is the case, I will at least be running the qualifiers and hopefully I will be fast enough to make it to the mains.

We will now have a moment of silence to pray.
USA! USA! USA!
Jul 16, 2009, 08:04 PM
I'm hooked on RC Moto
stubbyphilips's Avatar
USA! USA! USA!

And THE REPUBLIC of CALIFORNIA

BLUE and GOLD all the way!


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Question Nolan Farmer FPM r30fs NEW BIKE some info. malcabro racer Motorcycles 2 Oct 13, 2008 01:44 PM