Piper Super Cub - Page 2 - RC Groups
Apr 23, 2003, 03:27 PM
Scale Builder
Excellent! I will contact you via email concerning payment for the plans. I will wait and have you send the AutoCAD files after you receive my payment. I have a set of plans about half finished in AutoCAD myself for one almost exactly the same size. Looking at your model I don't think I can do any better so I'll build from your plans instead! Thanks, Chad Veich.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 24, 2003, 12:46 AM
Taken Lightly
Look, Mom, it flies!
May 05, 2003, 10:02 AM
Leave me alone!
Beautiful shot, Ilkka!

To those interested, I received my plans from Ilkka a few days ago and they are absolutely top notch. I'm looking forward to getting to work on this big/little beauty. Thanks again, Ilkka!

Martin
Jul 07, 2003, 07:46 AM
Taken Lightly
Outdoor flying with the Piper is even cooler than indoors. I have been out flying her quite a lot now. In calm summer evenings it is a pleasure see her soaring around scale-like.
Jul 07, 2003, 09:40 AM
Fast and low.
if you couldn't see the ribs, it honestly wouldn't take ANYTHING to convince me that was the full size. I think there are only four or five other models that have almost fooled me.
Jul 07, 2003, 04:35 PM
Hacker motoren rules :)
so you wouldent notice that orange GWS propeller?

/Philip
Jul 07, 2003, 06:06 PM
Fast and low.
....and that, obviously. Thou, my fathers last aircraft (full size) did have about 90 percent of its prop dayglow orange
Jan 19, 2004, 02:39 AM
Taken Lightly
I'm still logging hours on the Piper. Last Saturday, we had an indoor flying session. It is always relaxing to fly this plane. You might want to see a video clip by Peter Nyman about the Piper taking off, flying and landing. You can find the clip here: http://www.pivota.fi/rcflyg/misc/clip1.avi. DivX 5.1 codec is required to see the video.

Edit: video URL fixed
Last edited by I. Klemetti; Aug 23, 2004 at 05:19 AM.
Jan 19, 2004, 03:04 AM
Transfixus sed non mortus
Beautiful plane, top notch work.

I am currently building a SIG 1/4 scale Clipped Wing Cub, but yours will probably be more realistic.....

BR,

C.
May 04, 2004, 10:16 AM
Leave me alone!
I was just coming back to this thread to ogle the pictures a bit more and realized I forgot to comment on the video. She's absolutely amazing, Ilkka.

Martin
Aug 23, 2004, 04:35 AM
Fun is what matters!
Ikka,

The links to the video, aren't working anymore. Can you fix them?

Paulo
Aug 23, 2004, 05:20 AM
Taken Lightly
Video link fixed. See original post above.
-ilkka-
Aug 23, 2004, 07:47 AM
Ilkka,

Gorgeous. When I thought your Cherokee was cool, now you dig a Pico Stick out of the 'trash' and make another masterpiece!

charlie
Aug 23, 2004, 02:46 PM
8 oz? That is truly amazing! I yam still grappling to get my head around that!
She looks great.... that is an inspiring build..... cheers!!
Aug 23, 2004, 03:20 PM
Keep off the Grass!!

Oh! Alright then! I'll exit taxiway left!

Great way to move Ilkka!

Believe me chaps, this guy is bequeathing you with a chance of a Professor's Degree of Aeromodelling!

I'll be looking forward to enjoying the first build thread by any of the priveliged recipients of his plans.

Let's see the beginning of "Klub Klemetti" to help restore the best of Aeromodelling to our world!!

Adrian Britton