Mar 29, 2011, 09:11 AM
master of the universe
hey john thats pretty cool.

can anyone recommend a fpv system thats compatible with this radio?

Also I'm trying to get programming mix working with little luck. I'm trying to mix master of ele channel with slave of the aux (knobs?). Tried different options, sitches act, inh, active, etc. What am I missing? Im expecting the mix to display in the display section. Is that not the case? Does it have to be in heli mode to mix??
to remove ads between posts
Mar 29, 2011, 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpparisy View Post
Mike, can you relate all of your experience on this topic in your RCGroups blog?

You already have the pictures, and most of the text is present in this thread.

Doing that, the next time a guy is blowing his TX, we'll can promptly redirect him to this blog, avoiding lot of messages.
Blog? I don't have a blog, sorry!
I'm not sure I really understand enough of what I did to actually explain it! lol
Mar 29, 2011, 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CX2Mike View Post
Blog? I don't have a blog, sorry!
I'm not sure I really understand enough of what I did to actually explain it! lol
You do have a blog here at rc groups. If you click your name on the left side of one of your posts or on the upper right of the page where it says Welcome, CX2Mike it will take you to your profile page which is where your blog is.

A blog is nothing more than a place where you can make posts about things you are doing or other information you want to share and have in one place. Worls the same as creating a post in a thread.

Try and click on some of the usernames of other people in this thread to see examples.
Mar 29, 2011, 09:19 PM
Badius Boy
Quote:
Originally Posted by CX2Mike View Post
I'm not sure I really understand enough of what I did to actually explain it!
Dude you just authored an amazing signature line. You should definitely add that to your profile. LOL
Mar 29, 2011, 09:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by export! View Post
Dude you just authored an amazing signature line. You should definitely add that to your profile. LOL
I might just do that, thanks!

EDIT: How the heck do you add/edit a sig?
I can't find anything about it in the profile options.

Also, thanks for the tips about the blog. I'll get right on writing up that report/tutorial, but I might need some help filling in the blanks.
I'll get it drafted up and posted and you guys can tell me what you think needs to be added to be most helpful.
I feel it's the least I can do after I received so much help from you guys!
Last edited by CX2Mike; Mar 29, 2011 at 09:51 PM.
Mar 29, 2011, 10:50 PM
Okay, the first draft of the Blog post on fixing the 9x is up, here.
Please check it over and let me know what I need to add or edit to make it useful.
I know I probably need to add a section about disassembling the radio and it needs photos, but what else?
Feel free to suggest edits to the formatting or content, I'm not fragile and I want this to be as helpful and complete as possible for someone who just cooked their beloved 9x.

-Mike
Mar 29, 2011, 11:09 PM
Victown SkyDonkey
Your the man, Mike!
Mar 30, 2011, 11:57 AM
Registered Loser
Great job Mike! I'm still travelling and i don't have time to read it, but after skimming I think that's a great contribution to the few who have been extremely frustrated and worried that their radio was gone forever.
Mar 30, 2011, 12:51 PM
master of the universe
Anyone know if using acro mode disabled program mixing? I can't seem to get the dagon mixes working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaingeek View Post
hey john thats pretty cool.

can anyone recommend a fpv system thats compatible with this radio?

Also I'm trying to get programming mix working with little luck. I'm trying to mix master of ele channel with slave of the aux (knobs?). Tried different options, sitches act, inh, active, etc. What am I missing? Im expecting the mix to display in the display section. Is that not the case? Does it have to be in heli mode to mix??
Mar 31, 2011, 07:57 AM
HI

My battery indicator reads about 1.5v under so the alarm goes off unnecessarily.

Is there a fix for this other than a firmware change?

thanks

Josh
Mar 31, 2011, 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshbb View Post
My battery indicator reads about 1.5v under so the alarm goes off unnecessarily.

Is there a fix for this other than a firmware change?
http://www.rcmodelreviews.com/tendollarbattery3.shtml
Mar 31, 2011, 08:54 PM
efx
efx
Rookie in training, heads up

Programmer question...

Hey guys, well I finally got my programmer which looks like this...
http://cgi.ebay.com/USB-ISP-Programm...item3a646fdcb9

My question is, can you leave the programmer plugged in and use the radio with it on, or do you have to remove it and only plug it in when you need to flash the firmware on the transmitter?

I ask because I left it plugged in and this is what I get. If I unplug it, then the transmitter seems to work fine again. So I'm not sure if this is normal or I did something wrong. I added some pictures of this on my rcg blog under the flysky info. I also added my soldering video on it but it's a bit long. So do let me know if I got this soldered on correctly or not.
9xprogrammer2 (0 min 50 sec)

When you flash the transmitter, do you turn it on and then plug this into the computer in order to flash it or am I not supposed to turn the radio on update it that way. I know we turn things on usually, but since frying this thing is easier than anything, I just thought I ask.

Last, is there a reload on the other firmwares to reset the whole transmitter like the original firmware by pressing the buttons not re-flashing it?

I was looking at this again tonight and I noticed that th9x didn't have a voltage line on the picture, but others have tat positive wire connected the the chip, do I really need to solder that or not. Now I know this sounds pretty basic but since I've never done anything like this I really need to get a help here. Thanks.
Last edited by efx; Apr 01, 2011 at 01:37 AM.
Apr 01, 2011, 03:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by F-111 John View Post
FYI to all you 9X owners who haven't upgraded to S_Mack's excellent no-solder programming board/EL backlight: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8O2x8NyBu0
Current draw 60-90 mA! Talk about needing to upgrade to a LiPo battery...
Specs are wrong. I measured 5mA @ 5V and 11mA @ 8V.

Phil
Apr 01, 2011, 03:40 AM
I don't speak German ....Yet !
from the programer connect the vcc to the +5v pad in the radio. leave the radio switch off and make sure the little jumper on the programmer is set to pass power to target. plug in the programmer to the pc and the radio should turn on (powered from usb) and use eepe to backup both the eeprom and flash memory. then flash what ever firmware you like. Enjoy.

PS the programmer should not have that effect when connected, the board from Steven is based on the same programmer, and mine is in all the time, did you check it is wired correctly ?
Apr 01, 2011, 04:03 AM
I love HAM
Hi guys,

I am planning to order a 9x later this month, and use this for PnP models and/or scratch builds.
I also have a dsm2 RTF ultra-micro and might want to get the JR module for this TX.
However I understand there used to be a problem with the channels being assigned differently between turnigy and spektrum, and the only(?) way to solve this is to change the firmware on the TX. Is this still the case with the v2 firmware? If so, what kind of investment is involved in acquiring all the gear required for flashing the TX?

Sandor

Quick Reply