Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Feb 16, 2011, 02:07 AM
Registered Loser
(OK, he was talking rx)

I think your question is in the wrong place? This forum is for discussion related to the 9x radio but your question is about general help with setting up your model's electronics.

I think starting a thread in this forum might be best: https://www.rcgroups.com/power-systems-13/ (or this one? https://www.rcgroups.com/beginner-tr...ft-electric-8/)

Good luck.

- Steven
to remove ads between posts
Feb 16, 2011, 04:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferdous7466
well i tried something really stupid....not knowingly though, I tried insert the charging jst-xh plug into the rx. I know thats stupid...but i did so. and i saw the rx blinked twice! however my kite is electric and I am using esc which does not have any adaptor connected with its pwer cables. so now if I sholder xt60 female with my esc and connect to rx, its suppose to work, right? plus one more thing. I am using HxT 9g servo. as the power will come via esc will it burn my servos as the batt is 2S 7.4?

thank you
Okay so the question is if your receiver is broken or not? You're lucky you're flying with 2s and nothing more . As long as it didn't smoke it might still work and actually survive the 7.4 volts boost.

you can power it with 4 AA cells for testing also if you don't have a proper esc yet.

Most of my broken receivers show the led once shortly on powering up (or nothing at all). Working behaviour would be a steady led and unbind behaviour would be a flashing led.
Feb 16, 2011, 01:25 PM
which flight sim will recog this tx? any help?
Feb 16, 2011, 01:38 PM
I know this has been asked a few times, just checking if anyone has come up with a solution.

Is there a way to use a CT6A as a trainer with the 9x?

Would this work? http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...?ProdID=HAN173
Last edited by TX_Winds; Feb 16, 2011 at 01:57 PM. Reason: Added info
Feb 16, 2011, 01:38 PM

Full Span Ailerons

I maidened the Radian Pro with the Turnigy 9x electronics today and it went quite well. The range is good. Before putting the plane in the air, I had my copilot (wife) move the Tx controls while I drove the plane about a quarter of a mile away. The controls still moved even though the plane was inside the car. Next I fired up the motor and took it up - almost specked out ~800 feet up. No problems. So, the 9X gets an A on range.

Roll rate is definitely increased with both ailerons and flaps moving together. Differential (AIL-DIF) worked well - no tail wag while rolling. I had noticed some servo glitching with the 9X in the shop very close to the Rx but noticed none while flying. The custom flap mixes worked fine. However, I miss not having camber control (STARTOFS) for thermaling. Two other important sailplane functions are unusable: Reflex (SPEEDOFS) and Butterfly. These should have been fixed in V2. So, the 9X earns a grade of D for Sailplane support, until these get fixed (in V3?).

Then, I decided to adjust the elevator trim. I felt for the trim button while watching the plane and pulled back on what I thought was the trim control but it turned out to be the power switch OMG. I almost dropped my drawers! To its great credit, the plane continued on course, without going berserk. I got the power back on in a few seconds and the 9X smoothly regained control ! No glitching in the receiver.

Needless to say, I did not try this a second time in the air. However, when I landed, I turned off the Tx, waited several seconds. When I turned it on again, it beeped and control came back immediately. I verified that control had been actually lost during the interruption, which means the Tx wasn't riding on a charged capacitor. So, I conclude that the latest V2 transmitters have been improved to handle power interuptions more smoothly. They either do not reboot when powered off - or or they reboot instantaneously. Either way, the 9X gets an A+ on power management.

The dark side is that people using loose AA cells in that rickety Tx battery holder could be losing power often and not know it until they experience lack of control or lots of unexplained beeps.
Last edited by jchunter; Feb 16, 2011 at 03:48 PM.
Feb 16, 2011, 02:10 PM
Quote:
which flight sim will recog this tx? any help?
I don't think tx is the part that the sim will recognize. The device that feeds the computer the signal from the Tx is more of a factor in what is supported. There are a few different usb dongles that will work for getting the signal into the computer. I bought mine on dealexteme.com but I don't have the link handy. This works with FMS and realflight if you use the emulator. It is only 4 channels though.

I just bought this one but haven't received it yet. In the comments someone stated that it worked with the 9x on all 8 channels.
http://www.dealextreme.com/p/usb-2-0...r-dongle-51480
Feb 16, 2011, 02:54 PM
hey, i tried with 3.5mm music cable to plug the tgy tx with the pc which runs on win7. but even after installing Propo plus and parallel port joystick i could not make it connected to pc. later i found win7 does not recognize any game controller without an USB connection. is it the only coj? or there is some prob with my sys? if anyone has used it on their flt sims...pls help regarding the drill u followed.
thank you
Feb 16, 2011, 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crucial
I just bought this one but haven't received it yet. In the comments someone stated that it worked with the 9x on all 8 channels.
That looks like a really good deal. Please keep us posted!
Feb 16, 2011, 03:52 PM
R.I.P, Aardvark.
Deleted
Last edited by F-111 John; Feb 16, 2011 at 04:02 PM.
Feb 16, 2011, 03:53 PM
R.I.P, Aardvark.
Quote:
well i tried something really stupid....not knowingly though, I tried insert the charging jst-xh plug into the rx. I know thats stupid...but i did so. and i saw the rx blinked twice! however my kite is electric and I am using esc which does not have any adaptor connected with its pwer cables. so now if I sholder xt60 female with my esc and connect to rx, its suppose to work, right? plus one more thing. I am using HxT 9g servo. as the power will come via esc will it burn my servos as the batt is 2S 7.4?

thank you
No, you should not use a 2S battery directly to the receiver. Both your receiver and your servos are rated at 6V maximum.

Your ESC should power the receiver and the servos through it's servo plug to the receiver. If your ESC doesn't have a battery eliminator circuit (BEC) that provides 5V to the receiver and servos (almost all of them do) then you can replace the ESC with one that does, buy a separate BEC to power the receiver and servos, or use 4 NiCd or NiMH AA batteries in series to power the receiver and servos.
Last edited by F-111 John; Feb 16, 2011 at 04:01 PM.
Feb 17, 2011, 02:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crucial

I get a 404 for that url:

Oops! The requested page is missing.
Feb 17, 2011, 06:12 AM
Hi my tgy tx suddenly started to continuous beeping after every 3 seconds. The batt is showing 8+ V. is it the batt prob or the tx is fried for some reason? pls ans....i am freaking out
Feb 17, 2011, 07:15 AM
R.I.P, Aardvark.
Quote:
Hi my tgy tx suddenly started to continuous beeping after every 3 seconds. The batt is showing 8+ V. is it the batt prob or the tx is fried for some reason? pls ans....i am freaking out
It's a low battery alarm. Replace the batteries and stop freaking out.
Feb 17, 2011, 08:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by F-111 John
It's a low battery alarm. Replace the batteries and stop freaking out.
C'mon why u are so annoyed? just a new kid, i am....
Feb 17, 2011, 08:28 AM
RC Crazy
Extended the range test from last week of my Turnigy V2 transmitter and again it worked flawlessly at a range of 2.45 miles line of sight across water.

The test was so solid I believe it could easily gone further than this maybe I will keep pushing

Hally

Quick Reply