to remove ads between posts
Sep 11, 2012, 08:57 PM
Thread OP

Great builds

Been grounded because of a new kid and all, now look back at my old post and "WOW" all these great builds.....
Sorry for not been more informed and follow ups but I am sure others will share their build experiences and pictures.

Thanks!!
Sep 12, 2012, 01:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacoda88
Been grounded because of a new kid and all, now look back at my old post and "WOW" all these great builds.....
Sorry for not been more informed and follow ups but I am sure others will share their build experiences and pictures.

Thanks!!
dont thanks us for using your plans!!!
we all thanks YOU for sharing your builds with plans!!!
and congratulations for your new child!
Last edited by MrGloriousfall; Sep 13, 2012 at 01:19 AM.
Sep 15, 2012, 02:40 PM
Lawn Dart Instructor
This is AWSOME !!!!!!! I completly stoped my other project ( T-45 ) because I have to have one. I started last night ( 2 am ) cutting out my parts. Thank you very much jacoda88 for sharing this with everyone !!!!!!!! My Granddaughter is going to go crazy when she sees this ! Once again thank you..................Keep'em flying..........John D.
Sep 21, 2012, 07:34 PM
Lawn Dart Instructor
I am almost done with mine ( 110cm ). I have to take some pictures and post them. Can anyone tell me how much control throw would be safe for when she flys the coop for the first time..........This has been a fun build ( my first scratch build ), I did have a problem bending the wings. I'm sure I'll get better at it.........John D.
Sep 22, 2012, 08:59 AM
hi JohnD,

my own jacoda eagle flies with the max values when my MX12 is at 100% of the servo course with 40% of exponential. i've never take the measure on the moving parts of the tail... as the servos are out of the bird for my new project, i cant tell u the exact values. just make your first fly in a no windy day, this bird dislike wind because of its profile. what weight is yours? mine flies with approximately 220g weight.
may you post pictures or (and) videos of yours? Niko
Sep 25, 2012, 09:11 PM
Lawn Dart Instructor
Hi MrGloriousfall,
Well heres the pictures you asked for, Its all built. I have to go and get some piano wire for the push rods tommorow and than I will set it all up and I hope 1st flight will be this weekend. When you said " it dosn't like the wind " , is it jerky with the wind ? If it is let me know because I have an A3 gyro that should help with that. It's very light, it shouldn't effect the weight too much. I will weigh the airframe and with all the gear in it and let you know. Have you thought about using a gyro in your new build?
Sep 27, 2012, 01:52 AM
NewFlyer
Should i build this? WS is about 6ft.
Sep 27, 2012, 08:45 PM
Lawn Dart Instructor
WOW 6ft.......I might want to do a 6ft. also........Setting mine up tonight ( 110cm ) want to do the maiden this weekend......I just realized I have a slight underchamfer on both wings.....Oh well...it should help with soaring I hope.......I had an issue with folding the foam wings....Next one should get better.......John
Sep 27, 2012, 10:15 PM
NewFlyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdurrell96
WOW 6ft.......I might want to do a 6ft. also........Setting mine up tonight ( 110cm ) want to do the maiden this weekend......I just realized I have a slight underchamfer on both wings.....Oh well...it should help with soaring I hope.......I had an issue with folding the foam wings....Next one should get better.......John
78.7 inches wide to be exact. I've done the 110cm and it flew so pretty well with the Techone C20, 9X5, 2S 800mAh.

I will give this a slow build and thinking to fit in a GWS Geared to spin 12" or 14" SlowFly Prop.
Sep 27, 2012, 11:46 PM
Lawn Dart Instructor
Do you think the underchamfer will be an issue ?
Sep 28, 2012, 12:20 AM
NewFlyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdurrell96
Do you think the underchamfer will be an issue ?
With that wide wing, a slight underchamfer? I won't worry much about it..
Sep 29, 2012, 06:53 PM
hi john hi ken.
great build john! u'll see it's a really great flyer! really easy to fly, my 7years old son asked me a few days ago if i could teach him to fly (after several attempts last year coming from me, ibuilded the STC ,painted with mario bros theme to try to have his interrest ,but it wasnt time...)and i finally decided to give him his firsts lessons with the jacoda eagle,probably next week because it has been windy those last days. concerning the wind, it can fly .i made it with near 20km/h of wind , no need of a gyro, but the eagle becomes a bit more difficult to fly because of its weight, the wind deciding of the direction of the flight more than the pilote!
ken , i sarted to build the 150cm version of the eagle but stopped it ... not enough time , not enough space in my flat.i think you should use something stronger than depron for the main spares, because of the weight with battery for your 180cm version,dont you think?
i didnt progress on the prototype shown upper in the post, i've been working near 12 hours a day those last days, so im a bit tired, but i ll let u know when the the build will go further! see u guys, and sorry for the "fren-glish"
Oct 01, 2012, 11:15 PM
Lawn Dart Instructor
Well I tried to fly it yesterday.....Way too windy......Tossed her into the wind and she did the most perfect loop, no damage but when the wind got a hold of it, it took off like a rocket. I'll have to wait for a calm day. She wanted to fly tho......just too light, cant fight the wind....
Oct 22, 2012, 12:20 AM
prototype d'oiseau rc: commandes de roulis, tangage et lacet (1 min 13 sec)

first flight soon!

Quick Reply