Apr 16, 2009, 04:48 PM
freexgroup
Thread OP
Data

Adjust SKY 500 gyro

Share some experience for adjusting Rudder servo and Gyro when needed.

A. adjust neutral position of rudder servo

1. First take the servo arm off, and trim the gyro sensitivity to the minimum (It doesn’t effect on rudder servo with no gyro sensitivity)

2,At the moment the rudder servo has already been in neutral position. Place 90° between servo-arm and servo, then the tail fork should be offset.

3, Adjust the position of rudder servo along tail boom until the tail fork stays in the neutral of tail shaft travel. Lock the two screws of tail boom for the servo and fix it.

B, Gyro adjustment
1, Adjust gyro sensitivity( V3 on the transmitter) to headlock, at this time the servo may offset, tail fork is out of the neutral position.
2, We need to set the gyro trim. If you use FF9 or other high-level remote controls, we should adjust the gyro trim of the remote control. For SKY701, it is necessary to adjust the trim of gyro achieving to the tail neutral position.
Last edited by skyartec; May 15, 2009 at 01:26 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 27, 2009, 07:49 PM
I have posted this elsewhere but just wanted to see if you could throw some light on the following please?

I can't get my gyro on the Skyartec Wasp 200XE v4 to go into head lock mode, it seems to be stuck in normal.
Which way (+ or -) on the gyro/V3 sets whether the gyro's in HH or static mode please?

No matter how I adjust the gain on the gyro itself or, if I enable the gyro setting on the Sky701 tx, rotating the V3 knob just seems to affect the amount the tail shifter moves.

When I connect the batt the gyro locks after a short time and the shifter moves both ways when the rudder is moved but it returns to centre very quickly.
According to the blurb on the Skyartec website it should move to one end in head lock mode, mine doesn't.

Any ideas please?

cheers
Dec 28, 2009, 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2001uk
I have posted this elsewhere but just wanted to see if you could throw some light on the following please?

I can't get my gyro on the Skyartec Wasp 200XE v4 to go into head lock mode, it seems to be stuck in normal.
Which way (+ or -) on the gyro/V3 sets whether the gyro's in HH or static mode please?

No matter how I adjust the gain on the gyro itself or, if I enable the gyro setting on the Sky701 tx, rotating the V3 knob just seems to affect the amount the tail shifter moves.

When I connect the batt the gyro locks after a short time and the shifter moves both ways when the rudder is moved but it returns to centre very quickly.
According to the blurb on the Skyartec website it should move to one end in head lock mode, mine doesn't.

Any ideas please?

cheers
I posted this else where also. Did you flip white dip switch number 5 to the up or (rev) position? In down or (nor) the gyro adjustment knob is locked.
Flip to up position to adjust from TX then when you are finished; flip to the down position to hold the setting

Max
parkrcmodels.com
Dec 28, 2009, 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkflying
I posted this else where also. Did you flip white dip switch number 5 to the up or (rev) position? In down or (nor) the gyro adjustment knob is locked.
Flip to up position to adjust from TX then when you are finished; flip to the down position to hold the setting

Max
parkrcmodels.com
Hi Max,
Thanks again for your help.
I answered this in RC Groups > Aircraft - Electric - Helis > Micro Helis
Discussion Official Skyartec Wasp Thread !!!
Just in case you missed it I asked

Thanks for the reply Max but I have tried that already.
I've seen a post on here where someone had to reverse the switch on the gyro itself but that was on the Sky600; any idea if the Sky500 is the same please?

Also, which way (+ or -) should I have the gain and/or tx V3 to put the gyro into HH mode please? I've tried gain and V3 right down, half way and both right up, still won't work.

Don't suppose there's a gyro reset procedure, is there?

cheers

Mick

Quick Reply