Jun 06, 2001, 09:36 PM
Thread OP

Anyone know of a "mini" e/z connector?

I am refering to the E/Z connector. It is
a metal fitting that attaches to a servo arm
with a metal or nylon push-nut and has a hole
in it that the pushrod passes thru and a screw on top to fix the pushrod in the desired position.

I have used these on both glow and electric
models with great success.

Unfortunatly on small electric models they are almost too large for the servo arm and in
many cases the 1/32 pushrods are so small that the set screw bottoms out before grabbing the pushrod.

If anyone knows of a smaller version of the
E/Z connector I would like to know where to
get them.
If a small version does not exist, it should
and would be a great product. I, and many others hate Z bends and clevises on threaded
couplers, which are too heavy and cumbersum for small electrics.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 06, 2001, 11:39 PM
This is our your/our lucky day. I found this on the RC Micro site.

DU-BRO
MINI E-Z CONNECTORS
These tiny connectors are perfect for backyard flyers. They’re light—only 1/4 gram!—and will work with up to 0.047-inch-diameter wire. A 2-56 machine screw securely locks the wire into place; simply press-fit the connector into a
miniservo arm for a secure connection. Only $2.49 each.
Du-Bro, P.O. Box 815, Wauconda, IL 60084;
(800) 848-9411; fax (847) 525-1604; [email protected]; www.dubro.com.

RB

Jun 07, 2001, 03:00 AM
Get One Up!!!
Travis

Multiplex do two sizes of these connectors- I like them for little models as well because they are so easy to adjust.

The size you are already using is I guess the same as Multiplex part #703455 and they are about 1/4 inch long. Those are as supplied in kits like the Teddy, Smiley and Pico Cub.

The smaller size (great on the Lite stik and other indoor or slow flyers) is Multiplex Part # 703454. These are so small they actually make the model lighter when you put them on - seriously they are very very light, have no retaining screw underneath the connector as they just clip into the servo horn/rudder horn.

Probably worth dropping Multiplex an email to see if they stock them in the US as well.

hth

Brian
Jun 07, 2001, 05:20 AM
Master
Travis
This doesn't answer your question, but may give you a new perspective.

We use round carbon rods as pushrods. We make thin wire z-bends which we bind to the rods with thread. When all is set up, we fix the connections with a couple of drops of Zap.

Any minor trimming after the first flights is done on the transmitter.

If you need trimming outside the range provided by the transmitter, you twist the wire to break the glue joint. Then slide to suit and re-Zap.

Wouldn't use any other system on my 400 powered models.
Jun 07, 2001, 01:17 PM
This does not answer your solution but it does provide a fix. I take the standard EZ connector, the square type, and rotate it 90 degrees and then drill a smaller hole, that will fit your control rod, just a littel bit higher so that the screw will firmly make contact.

Carl

Quick Reply