Aug 28, 2016, 07:52 PM
Flying Half Pound and Down
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTLIKES RC
Hi All,

Well, I just became a owner of a Twist 60, bought it off ebay. Never thought I'd ever buy a Twist as I am partial to classic pattern planes. Just wanted to try some thing different and the Twist looked like it would fill the bill. I have reviewed most of the postings to this site and noted a few modifications are in order. Guess I will becoming a Twistaholic.

Ron
Give this thread a tray Ron
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1177628

This is the scratch build side, the truely twisted folks are hanging out on the above link....
Ron
to remove ads between posts
Aug 28, 2016, 09:58 PM
Please come visit us at the link above.
Aug 29, 2016, 11:02 PM
------------------
Last edited by davehour; Sep 08, 2016 at 11:38 AM.
Aug 30, 2016, 06:18 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
Quote:
Originally Posted by davehour
Yes...
Looks good Dave. These posts should go to this thread:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1177628
Oct 04, 2019, 09:46 PM
My Twist 60.

The horizontal stab shifts around even with the 3 lock nuts tightened down as much as I dare. It's snug on the ground, but in the air the added load shifts the stab back and forth affecting elevator centering. I cut away the stab covering and glued the tail feathers on. I know for sure it won't slip now.

In an electric setup the battery tray needs to be glued to the bottom of the fuse longeron instead of on top of it. This is needed to get hatch clearance with some 6s batteries. Be sure and leave a gap between the battery tray and wing for esc cooling flow.

I made a battery hatch knob out of a 4-40 bolt, lock nut and spacer. Had to put a slight countersink relief in the crossmember that holds the magnets to allow for the lock nut under the hatch. It works great, those magnets are stout.

Based on the collective experience in this thread, I added a leaf spring tail wheel and 6' of carbon fiber .25" flat stock to the fuselage fore & aft of the wing for reinforcement.

My build specs:
G.P. Rimfire .80, Castle Talon 90, 6S 5000mah LIPO
Promodeler DS180DLHV servos all around,
9oz of lead in the nose to get [email protected], 12oz for 140mm and 16oz for 128mm (5"),
FrSky Horus Tx & S6R Rx (internal stabilizer),
Maiden was with a 13x4E prop (flew OK, but needs a bit more prop), 14x6E flies better.
Last edited by jwellsy; Oct 05, 2019 at 03:26 PM.

Quick Reply