This thread is privately moderated by mudman1959, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Apr 10, 2009, 05:13 PM
Live to fly... Fly to live
Thread OP
Build Log

Hyper Long EZ

Started this "Hyper EZ" from plans at this link... http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...hlight=Long+EZ

It is going together quickly... or should I dare say... EZ. Powering it with a Grayson Hobbies GH2212-10 swinging a MA E0740 prop using a 1500 mAh, 11.1, 10C Lipo and a Suppo SP-40A ESC. It is going to have functional canards and elevons twisted by Tower Pro SG-91R Mini servos, also going to use a GWS mixer so that I can get all of the servo travel. Control is going to be from my Spektrum DX6I radio with a AR6100 receiver. Should be a little Rocket with this combination. Construction is out of Dollar tree foam with carbon fiber rods strategically placed for support. More Pics to come... 04/11/09... Continued the work on the EZ... moved the servo for the canards forward into the nose bay area and this allowed the battery to move forward more. Cut out the battery bay slot. Attached the canards to the carbon fiber rod and adjusted the linkage for just a bit nose up. Mounted the motor and ESC. Installed the Wing tips and started fitting the Elevons. Installed carbon fiber strips to the leading edge of the canards and the wing and to the wing tips. Hooked up the motor and verified proper rotation... Like I said before... It's going to be a rocket! Will post more pics later... 04/14/09... Posted a short video of this plane on the Electric Video section... 04/23/09... Two semi-successful flights and the third... not so much... needs more pitch authority at lower speeds. Going to try and mix the Ailerons as Elevons with the canards, after I repair the nose damage... 04/25/09... I was able to get the Elevons to work with a little help from some of the guys on here that have a little more knowledge of the Spektrum DX6I radio. Made all of the repairs to the nose and the canards and its all back together and ready to try again... Weather and time permitting maybe this Tuesday if all goes right. 04/27/09... Well it flew... It was way to windy for testing but I was impatient and decided to try it out. Using the Elevons with a mix to the canards is the awnser for the pitch control on this plane, had the throws way too much and with the winds blowing I lost control and smucked it in again. The wing is still reusable but the fuselage will have to be rebuilt. Pulling the electronics and donating them to my next project... Mudman1959 Wings up... wheels down...
Last edited by mudman1959; Jul 12, 2009 at 07:09 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 17, 2009, 11:07 PM
chocolatehaule

guess who?

But does it fly? looks great I don't see how you build them so fast.
Apr 17, 2009, 11:10 PM
chocolatehaule
It keeps changing colors
Apr 17, 2009, 11:11 PM
chocolatehaule
can I try it???????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????

Quick Reply