Apr 07, 2009, 01:48 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Tip over

hi, have cx3 that wants to tip over to the left when i throttle up. have trim set full right, but doesnt seem to help???
to remove ads between posts
Apr 07, 2009, 01:59 PM
that's the coaxial one right? try just popping it up in the air. The ground effect is probably making it drift, trim may not be enough, give right stick too but keep trim neutral cuz otherwise it'll be out of trim when its in the air.
Apr 07, 2009, 02:25 PM
Thread OP

no good

takes off to the left, even with full right stick. any ideas...
yes it's the Coax, i must have knocked something out of whack!
Apr 07, 2009, 02:43 PM
Fly Runaway Fans
All helis want to veer left on liftoff. Even real ones. If it's not responding to correction, then indeed something is whacked.

This is where you might wish you'd gotten a V4. CX3, the entire rotor assembly has to come apart to get the canopy off. Check servos for travel and centering, and links for, well, linkage.
Apr 07, 2009, 03:05 PM
innocent victim
a coax should go almost strait up, check to see if your swash is level or close to it, if it isnt then adjust the pushrod until it sits level, then see which way it wants to slide, then adjust the pushrod until the coax goes strait up
Apr 07, 2009, 03:48 PM
Rocket Programmer
Somebody else had this problem a while back... not sure what their issue was, but on the CX3 you should make sure the swash is perfectly level - 90 degrees from the main shaft in all directions. If not, then maybe one of the servos got weird, or one of the links is measured wrong or it fell off. Coaxial's don't have the tail rotor pushing them around so they should take off pretty much straight up.
Apr 07, 2009, 05:25 PM
How does it work? How did it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by arbilab
All helis want to veer left on liftoff.
not all, only these having tail rotor blowing to the right...

And to the actualt problem: your swash is off. Center servos, adjust arms, adjust linkages in that order.
Apr 07, 2009, 08:02 PM
Fly Runaway Fans
Not to contracept you, Marek, but I have a V4 coax and it wants to veer left on liftoff too. It's hands-off stable in flight.

You Aussies, that may mean veer right.
Apr 07, 2009, 08:05 PM
innocent victim
my CX2 doesnt "veer" at all
Apr 07, 2009, 08:10 PM
Fly Runaway Fans
My brother's CX3 didn't veer when I flew it. When he flew it, veering is ALL it did.

Therefore, veering is in the eye of the beholder. Or the TX holder.
Apr 08, 2009, 01:33 AM
How does it work? How did it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by arbilab
Not to contracept you, Marek, but I have a V4 coax and it wants to veer left on liftoff too. It's hands-off stable in flight.
your heli doesn't stand straight on the skids, i.e. its shaft is pointing slightly left (just sooo slightly).
My lama picks up front-right for that example
Apr 08, 2009, 01:35 AM
Thread OP

Much Better

I tweaked the push rod and that did help! I really appreciate you guys taking time to help the newbies... Thanx
Apr 08, 2009, 01:08 PM
Fly Runaway Fans
I don't mean it goes running L like a fly to spoiled hamburger. Its vector is almost straight up. Its attitude tilts ~5* upon leaving the ground then settles back. Like it wanted to go left but reconsidered. Oh, and I'm on semi-plush carpet.

I guess one man's veer is another man's skitter. Problem solved though.

Quick Reply