Apr 21, 2009, 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgeg
There is a little more info available on the Airtronics web site now:

http://www.airtronics.net/airtronics_SD10G.asp
From the Specs on this link, I can see why the trainer cord does not work with other Airtronics radios. The SD10G uses a 6 cell NiMH or two cell Li-Po or 7.2 V while the other Airtronics transmitters have 9.6 V batteries. Bummer!

George
to remove ads between posts
Apr 27, 2009, 12:20 PM
Why's the rum always gone?
Thread OP
Info up on the Hobby People site

http://www.hobbypeople.net/gallery/751750.asp
May 03, 2009, 07:02 AM

Got mine today!!!!

Guess what arrived at the door today. A brand new (duh!), Sanawa/Airtronics SD-10G. My first impression is, its LIGHT! Compared to its predecessor, which weigh more than 1000 g without battery, the new SD-10G weighs only 930 g with battery. The ergonomic design is very very comfortable, and I especially liked the levers on both righ and left shoulders. In the Stylus, shoulder sliders had only one knob (whatever you call it), whilst the new SD-10G has a knob on both anterio and posterior sides of the shoulder lever, so you can move it regardless of how you want to move it.
I am currently charging the NiMH pack, so this is it for now.
Toshiro from Tokyo
May 03, 2009, 07:24 AM

Forgot to add!

No Tx is complete without these tips from Winchdoc!
Last edited by suirendoujin; May 03, 2009 at 07:43 PM.
May 03, 2009, 07:29 AM
Why's the rum always gone?
Thread OP
Those are some nice tips. Where did you get them? Are they commercially available in the US?
May 03, 2009, 07:30 AM
Too cool - let us know what you think about this one. I can't wait to get my hands on one.

Mike
May 03, 2009, 05:24 PM
sd0
sd0
suirendoujin, is your manual in japanese or english? If english is there any chance of you posting it?
May 03, 2009, 06:28 PM
The English manual is not complete yet.

TM
May 03, 2009, 07:43 PM
longhair,
Those tips are made in the US. Got them while I had lived in Seattle. Do a search for winchdoc here in rcgroups and ask. He is a frequent member of the slope forum.
May 04, 2009, 06:32 AM
I'd rather be Flying
Gotta take the Tx NiCMH pack out to charge it with the accompanying charger

Is that an accurate statement? If so it seems like a bit of a gaffe on Airtronics part.

Dave
May 04, 2009, 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davecee
Gotta take the Tx NiCMH pack out to charge it with the accompanying charger

Is that an accurate statement? If so it seems like a bit of a gaffe on Airtronics part.

Dave
You are looking at the Japanese version. The US version doesn't require removing the battery from the TX.

TM
May 05, 2009, 03:12 AM
VicRC
I have read the specs, is there option for servo speed? I like this feature on flaps. There are certain things I just gotta have on a high end radio.

BTW I had Evo12, the best radio I ever had, however a 2.4 ghz shortfall that sat on the shelf for many moons. Got rid of it when I got tired of worrying about what channel I am on and waiting on 2.4! Took me an entire week to learn how to program it but it was the easiest radio to setup after the learning curve, planes and helis alike! And yes it has Servo delay movement how awesome!
Last edited by fw190; May 05, 2009 at 03:25 AM.
May 05, 2009, 05:53 AM
I am surprised that this radio is not listed for sale on the Tower website. Does that seem strange to anyone else?

Howard
May 06, 2009, 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard L
I am surprised that this radio is not listed for sale on the Tower website. Does that seem strange to anyone else?

Howard
Not really.
May 06, 2009, 11:15 AM
VicRC
Since no response on my question but I did get one from Airtronics and this is what was said on servo speed.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi,

Yes, Aitronics calls it Channel Delay. There are 5 separate Channel Delay settings and each can be controlled individually by assignable switches and can be assigned to five separate flight modes. Servo travel can be slowed in either push or pull direction separately and can be slowed in the return to neutral direction separately.

Hope this helps.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Can someone elaborate on this on how it would work for slowing down the flaps and possible use for door sequencing? How much delay?

Thanks for the help.

I am not surprised either for not listing on Tower. I did held the SD10 at the AMA show back in January, 'Retro' yah kind of cool! Reminds me of a robot but cant figure out where I saw a movie of it, maybe its from the Jetsons.

Quick Reply