This thread is privately moderated by Steve Boone, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Apr 06, 2019, 06:09 AM
founder of the SSP
Thread OP
Spring is finally here. The weather is getting better and I have a couple of people lined up as witnesses. I'll be picking a day soon to make another run at the 1K. I HAVE to get this out of the way as it's been a thorn in my side for too long. What's everyone else's goals for the year?
to remove ads between posts
Apr 24, 2019, 08:12 AM
I'd like to get my Level 4 thermal flights out of the way . I can find the conditions but what I can't find are the witnesses .
I'm sure I'm not the first and certainly won't be the last LSF member to become totally frustrated by that witness requirement .
Apr 24, 2019, 06:02 PM
founder of the SSP
Thread OP
The plus side to our program is the witness can be your wife, girl friend as well as just someone willing to spend some time hanging out with you. My wife witnesses a lot for me. She watches my launch and then sits and reads while I fly and then watches my landing, time, etc. Witnesses can also be a great opportunity to get someone else hooked on the hobby.
Apr 24, 2019, 09:18 PM
That is a definite plus . I wasn't aware of the difference , now I am .
Can I transfer my LSF 3 ?
Apr 25, 2019, 05:02 AM
founder of the SSP
Thread OP
Sorry, no.
May 12, 2019, 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetmaven
That is a definite plus . I wasn't aware of the difference , now I am .
Can I transfer my LSF 3 ?
Let me know if you need help anytime. S.
May 12, 2019, 08:45 PM
Yes I will , I'm looking for my L-4 TD flights .
Florida can be pretty fickle in that respect .
Jun 24, 2019, 06:08 AM
Balsa breaks better
Well, it has been wet and windy here in my corner of the country any time I would have had time to fly so I have had little chance of getting out to make any progress. I even went morel hunting with an umbrella!!!
What about you guys?

Joe

Balsa Breaks Better
Woodies Forever
Jun 24, 2019, 09:30 AM
founder of the SSP
Thread OP
Still waiting on some good weather to make the 1K G&R run. Life is getting in the way as well. I managed to tear both my shoulder and elbow again so I'll be repeating last years double surgery again. I'm trying to hold off until I get the house done. Still looking at moving to Florida.
Jun 24, 2019, 06:07 PM
Oyyy, I'm sorry to hear that Steve . I hope all goes well for you .
Florida is ready when you are . Please note that it's disgustingly hot and beyond humid here as I post this . We do go through these periods when the daily rains don't show up as they normally do .
Jun 26, 2019, 06:11 AM
founder of the SSP
Thread OP
I figure it's no worse than the winters here. You just stay in and ride it out. Kind of think of it as solar winter. At least you don't have to go out and shovel anything in it.

Quick Reply