This thread is privately moderated by Steve Boone, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 13, 2017, 03:44 PM
The King Moonracer of balsa.
Hi Steve, I am still working the program. I am working on my copper level, need those 30 minute flights. Maybe I will get them this coming season. I am a better pilot this year compared to last year, at least that is what I keep telling myself.

Wayne
to remove ads between posts
Jan 22, 2017, 09:00 PM
Panda Panda Panda Panda Panda
Quote:
I would like to know where the schedule is for all the sportsman program levels?
John,

You can use the internet wayback machine here: https://web.archive.org/web/20160312...ngprogram.com/

Ryan
Jan 23, 2017, 08:28 AM
Panda Panda Panda Panda Panda
So I did the Copper a while back, it was fun. Some day I might do work on the Bronze.

I have 2 questions. Maybe these have been asked before and if so apologies for re asking.

1) For the ladder/A Frame on the higher levels there is a precision time requirement (+- N seconds) and a precision landing requirement (within M meters). For the advanced ladders a requirement is "Miss a flight time and you must start back at the beginning " Does this mean that if you make the time but miss the landing you don't have to start over or should that say "miss a flight time and/or landing and you must start back at the beginning"?

2) For the simulated contests you have to make a flight, then wait 30 minutes (+-2 minutes) to make the 2nd flight, then do the same wait 30 minutes +- 2 minutes to make the 3rd flight. Within the 4 minute flight window could a person make multiple attempts? Say for example you launch, decide the air is bad, come land real fast and re launch within the 4 minute window. That would be sort of ala F3J where a pilot can make a relaunch.

Thanks!

Ryan
Jan 30, 2017, 05:39 PM
founder of the SSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdwoebke View Post
So I did the Copper a while back, it was fun. Some day I might do work on the Bronze.

I have 2 questions. Maybe these have been asked before and if so apologies for re asking.

1) For the ladder/A Frame on the higher levels there is a precision time requirement (+- N seconds) and a precision landing requirement (within M meters). For the advanced ladders a requirement is "Miss a flight time and you must start back at the beginning " Does this mean that if you make the time but miss the landing you don't have to start over or should that say "miss a flight time and/or landing and you must start back at the beginning"?

2) For the simulated contests you have to make a flight, then wait 30 minutes (+-2 minutes) to make the 2nd flight, then do the same wait 30 minutes +- 2 minutes to make the 3rd flight. Within the 4 minute flight window could a person make multiple attempts? Say for example you launch, decide the air is bad, come land real fast and re launch within the 4 minute window. That would be sort of ala F3J where a pilot can make a relaunch.

Thanks!

Ryan

As for #1. It was our intent that if you missed the "rung" of the ladder you started over. Nobody ever noticed the wording being off before.

As for #2. I would have to find a copy of the rules and take a look before I could say.