Feb 20, 2010, 07:17 PM
Good place for it. No reason to put so much info on the diagram's that they get confusing , my flying is bad enuff at that as it is .

Ken
SSP #6
to remove ads between posts
Feb 20, 2010, 09:53 PM
launch height can't fix stupid
Was talking more about on the first run of the routine, starting from the left. The second run of the routine, starting from the right. That forces people to use the brain, sticks, and thumb muscles in ways that they may not be comfortable with.

I am going to fly this in the sim tomorrow (hopefully). Will let you know how it went. The only thing that I am remotely concerned about is the amount of vertical space those 4 point rolls on the down line will take.
Feb 20, 2010, 11:09 PM
Hopefully the Vetical 4 point roll won't be an issue(no way of knowing till we start flying it),is so we may have to switch it to a 4 rotation spin.

Ken
SSP #6
Feb 20, 2010, 11:31 PM

did the form change?

I am all set to send in my complete copper voucher but I am noticing that the tasks are a little different on the website than listed on my voucher. Specifically my voucher has 1 - 30 min slope flight and the website lists 2.

My voucher is dated 4/7/2009, is this now obsolete? Do I bother sending it in?
Feb 21, 2010, 07:45 AM
founder of the SSP
Thread OP
shoe: You have e-mail.
Quote:
Originally Posted by L-Spatz
Hopefully the Vetical 4 point roll won't be an issue(no way of knowing till we start flying it),is so we may have to switch it to a 4 rotation spin.
I wasn't sure about that myself. You guys can decide and let me know. A roll instead of a 4 pt roll might be better though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by corsha99
Was talking more about on the first run of the routine, starting from the left. The second run of the routine, starting from the right. That forces people to use the brain, sticks, and thumb muscles in ways that they may not be comfortable with.
Ok, makes sence to me. We can do it the same way as I previously stated.
Last edited by Steve Boone; Feb 21, 2010 at 07:50 AM.
Feb 21, 2010, 08:13 PM
Yay! I'm proud to be SSP Member #13!

I know you're all envious of my number , but hey at least I'll be able to remember it!
Feb 21, 2010, 08:58 PM
A very well done. Now we can call you "Baker Boy"!!!

Cuz ya know 13 is a baker's dozen .

Ken
SSP #6
Feb 22, 2010, 09:28 AM
Balsa Breaks Better
Welcome to the club Shoe! I hope you enjoy the jounery as much as Steve and I have (<;

Joe
Feb 22, 2010, 09:22 PM
Tried flying the routine and the 4 point roll on the way down in maneuver 3 is definately an issue. Think the real reason though is the 4 point roll in maneuver 2 kills off the ability to gain an appreciable amount altitude at the start of maneuver 3. One way around this would be to swap #5 with #3.

Could also put the 4 point roll on the way down from the hammerhead turn in #5. All the speed gained in #3 is carried easily thru #4 and would give a hammerhead that would happen quite high.

Still a 4 point roll on the way down eats up a ton of real estate.
Feb 23, 2010, 12:02 AM
I was thinking that the downward 4 pointer would be iffy. Try it with a stall at the top of #3 and try a 4 rotation spin. Or may have to swap it out with #5.

Ken
SSP #6
Feb 23, 2010, 07:40 AM
founder of the SSP
Thread OP
Since we have a 4 point roll in 2, I think we should just drop it all together. I hate to put it in 5 because you'll need the speed to do the knife edge in 6. How did the rest fly?
Feb 23, 2010, 09:33 AM
rest of it is pretty straight forward. flew it with the Fox that comes with CRRCSIM. The hammerhead turn wasn't pretty but that was probably because of the sim. Everything else was doable but requires you to keep the energy up to do manuevers fast and clean enough to stay in the "box"

I would avoid spins for this one. Spins are very limiting as far as number of people who have a model that can do them. They also chew up a lot of vertical real estate, especially when flown poorly by a model that probably shouldn't been trying it in the first place.
Feb 24, 2010, 02:21 PM
founder of the SSP
Thread OP
The final version of R1 (routine 1 ) is now available for viewing at our web site.
Last edited by Steve Boone; Mar 01, 2010 at 04:36 PM. Reason: removed temp form
Feb 28, 2010, 07:45 AM
founder of the SSP
Thread OP
UPDATE: The main program and TD Advanced are done. I'm currently in the process of updating all of the SSP files and the web site. I'll let everyone know when it's all done.
Feb 28, 2010, 10:33 AM
Dragons, WindMills, all Same
Argh, finally got this form thing fiqured out. Filled out, mad a snipe JPG and attached to email. Looks like easy fun, and should be. Looking forward to it after the last frost in here parts.

Jared

Quick Reply