Oct 18, 2018, 02:10 PM
founder of the SSP
Thread OP
I see for some reason they're missing from the SSP pages on Joe's site. Joe what happened to them? Until we get an answer from Joe just ask here and we'll see if we can get you going in the right direction.
Last edited by Steve Boone; Oct 18, 2018 at 02:33 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 18, 2018, 02:22 PM
ama 1390
Glad to see the progress. Hope all endured the last two hurricanes.
Had an aggressive plan for the fall to start the process only to have my hopes drenched by 4 new massive construction projects in the area.
They have completely uprooted all of my mongo high start viable flying sites within the confines of the FAA app short of a long drive out to the nearest ama field.
Darn progress!
Property Value up....flying options diminished.
One last option that is tight but possible with new ownership.. maybe a reprieve.
Oct 18, 2018, 02:36 PM
founder of the SSP
Thread OP
It's not letting me attach a PDF file and have it come out right. Not sure why. Just ask and I'll post whatever you need.
Oct 18, 2018, 03:08 PM
Balsa Breaks Better
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Boone
I see for some reason they're missing from the SSP pages on Joe's site. Joe what happened to them? Until we get an answer from Joe just ask here and we'll see if we can get you going in the right direction.
Been working on it, should have them up this weekend.
Having to go through line by line to remove funny looking characters that are supposed to be " ' - but instead look like this –.

Joe

Who is enjoying his second 40 week in the last seven years. OT money is nice but the time part sticks!!!
Oct 18, 2018, 05:00 PM
founder of the SSP
Thread OP
I hate it when a simple document won't transfer without re-doing it. Enjoy the 40 hr week!
Oct 18, 2018, 07:22 PM
Balsa Breaks Better
Joe H. no not me, this one is in Ohio is our newest aspirant.
Welcome to the adventure Joe!

Joe
Oct 19, 2018, 03:46 PM
G'day Folks

Coming into summer here so I am keen to finish the Copper level. I have the 15minute & 30minute flights to do.

My question is; Once the appropriate time is up can I take say 5 minutes to land?

Cheers John
Oct 19, 2018, 04:47 PM
Balsa Breaks Better
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie John
G'day Folks

Coming into summer here so I am keen to finish the Copper level. I have the 15minute & 30minute flights to do.

My question is; Once the appropriate time is up can I take say 5 minutes to land?

Cheers John
Hey John,
If you get a two hour flight but only need the fifteen minute flight your have it covered. The fun of filling in the form is not just the bare minimum but the feeling of clobbering a ten minute requirement with a 30 minute flight!
When I see your form and 2 hours on the fifteen I will smile, oh, heck, I'll smile now ;>)

Joe
Oct 19, 2018, 06:31 PM
HI Thanks for getting back quickly.

I did not ask the full question. It should have been the 15Minute and 30 minute flights and land withing 3Metre circle. Can I go over by any about provided I land withing 3M. Has the requirements changed?
Cheers John
Oct 19, 2018, 08:02 PM
founder of the SSP
Thread OP
Times are minimum. You can go over the time by all you want. You just have to stick the landing within 3M of your target point. Thermaler is good for going way over. It can bite you in the backside if you miss the landing and then the lift dries up. I usually go for a bit extra but try not to get too carried away in case I miss the landing and have to do the task again.

The advantage is you can go for the 30 minute and if you fall short but make the landing (if required) you can count it for the shorter time task.
Last edited by Steve Boone; Oct 20, 2018 at 05:39 AM.
Oct 19, 2018, 10:17 PM
Thanks Stev

I thought that was the case, just needed a memory refresh.

Cheers john
Oct 21, 2018, 08:25 AM
founder of the SSP
Thread OP
I know I have a tendency to clog this thread with my personal stuff. In my defense, if I'm flying it usually has to do with getting some SSP work done. I thought this time I would just drop a link to one of the current projects. The Oly III is going "E" powered. I'm getting it ready for Silver Level. Here's the link.
Nov 09, 2018, 06:39 AM
founder of the SSP
Thread OP
Our weather here didn't co-operate. It's been nothing but wind and rain. Now the ugly white stuff is starting. I guess the 1K will have to wait until spring. On the plus side, the winter build sessions are under way. The next level will be all about getting the 2K done ASAP.
Jan 11, 2019, 06:32 AM
founder of the SSP
Thread OP
I have Oly III electric conversion done. Now I'm building a 2M Yellow Jacket electric. These will be the Silver Level's planes of choice along with my E-Ava. I'll be starting it off by doing my best to get the 2K G&R done ASAP. In fact my 2K course is the same route as the 1K just longer. I have to cross 1 highway but that isn't a problem where it's at.
Jan 23, 2019, 04:37 PM
founder of the SSP
Thread OP
The Oly III is done. She's getting 480 watts with a 10 x 6 prop. That should launch her just fine. I can't wait to put her in the sky to get some tasks done. Come on spring!

Quick Reply