Apr 02, 2009, 11:51 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

China Team 1-Meter Racing Yacht

It's been a long time since I had a sail boat. This is a beautiful boat and the kit is well designed.

I have completed the hull hardware and next I will start on my Main Mast and Sail assembly.

Itís always fun making sure every screw is sealed to prevent water leakages.

Here is what I have completed so far.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 03, 2009, 04:56 AM
All of those deck fittings are going to cause you some grief with the rigging I'm afraid.. It is a good looking boat though. Also, welcome back to the hobby, Crewdogg
Apr 03, 2009, 05:20 AM
Who is the manufaturer, Thunder Tiger/MFP?
Apr 03, 2009, 08:23 AM
were can one buy this boat in the USA? Thanks
Apr 03, 2009, 10:36 AM
Split S
Quote:
Originally Posted by bierhaus31
were can one buy this boat in the USA? Thanks
What part of the country do you live in?

Or if you don't have a LHS, you can try Airland Hobbies dot com
Apr 03, 2009, 10:53 AM
nope they dont have it I live in Northeast PA(USA} and there are no LHS arond me.Need help finding this boat thanks.
Apr 03, 2009, 11:38 AM
Split S
Scott from Airland should send you a PM sometime today.
Apr 03, 2009, 02:01 PM
thank you
Apr 03, 2009, 02:56 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerbay
Who is the manufaturer, Thunder Tiger/MFP?
Yes, Thunder Tiger.
Apr 03, 2009, 02:59 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crewdogg998
All of those deck fittings are going to cause you some grief with the rigging I'm afraid.. It is a good looking boat though. Also, welcome back to the hobby, Crewdogg
I was wondering if some of the deck fittings were going to cause the lines to tangle. I tried to read up on this and nobody had any comments. If it causes problems I guess I will have more work.
Apr 03, 2009, 05:35 PM
My Entz would get hung up on the aft winches everytime. Also, the hardware on the radio cover is prone to getting caught on stuff. Have you read the ENTZ build thread here? It will have lots of infor on this boat. Crewdogg
Apr 03, 2009, 06:40 PM
Shanghai'd Expat
Good to see the first build of this new TT offering. I've been wondering why my LHS hasn't yet got one.

I liked the look so much, I'm adopting the dragon graphic for my yellow IOM.

I'd second the recommendations on the deck clutter - one of our members recently bought the ETNZ & that's a concern we all have. Its a beautiful boat but watch out when you sail.
Apr 03, 2009, 07:03 PM
heres mine.
Apr 04, 2009, 09:26 AM
Thread OP
When I test the sail with as fan I will see what gets in the way. I did read as much as I could. The only hardware I think may get in the way is the crank/winch at the rear.

I will say if others get in the way I guess its time to learn how to remove them.

I went with a HS-785HB winch servo and it lines up perfectly with the provided cover.

OK now for the question that has been bothering me. As I went to my LHS I noticed the hade a Spektrum AR6250 listed as a composite/carbon receiver. So I was reading the instructions, the antenna wires are much longer than the AR6200. They mention in the instructions to have the antenna wire through the composite/carbon and sticking out.

So you who are using 2.4Ghz radio setup, mine is a DX-7, what are you doing? Is anyone having signal problems????

I am asking because I will be looking for a place to mount my receiver.
Last edited by 50mph; Apr 04, 2009 at 09:32 AM.
Apr 04, 2009, 09:28 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by gospectredotcom
heres mine.
Looks good. Have you sailed yet? Do you have the deck gear on? As you have read here I may need to remove some gear. I was thinking of using my Pirate Ship pull up next to her and steal the valuable metal (lol ok its plastic).

Quick Reply