This thread is privately moderated by Butch777, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Apr 02, 2009, 03:19 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

3M's EPP glue 4693H plastic adhesive

I've got over 50 EPP planes and have had many others. I've owned a good portion of the GWS and Multiplex planes as well. I tried all sorts of glues for EPP and Elapor through the years.
CA has always been a pain.
A couple years back, I got a EPP 3D kit that came with 3M's EPP glue, its 4693H, made for EPP.
I used it on my Boomers(over 100 of them) and never had a joint fail.

So I tried it more than a year ago on a Multiplex plane. I scuffed the joint with some fine sandpaper to remove the shine, and rubbed a film on both sides and stuck it together like GWS glue. I tested it on some broken parts.
I glued it and let it sit 2 hours. It would come apart if you really pulled on it, but was generally flyable. I then glued up some pieces and let them sit for 2 days. They would not come apart at all. You just distroyed the foam. I took some out to show the boys I fly with, they were amazed.

Its also works on the SuperCub and Stryker if you don't pile it on. It can be used as a contact type or just put it on like a thin goop and let dry.

Its a little hard to find, I usually do a on-line search to get the best price. One tube does lots of planes! Butch

Note; Spec's
Detail Specs Spec Docs (PDF) Info

Description
A clear, elastomeric adhesive with exceptional adhesion to metal and plastic. This adhesive is unique in its ability to bond hard-to-hold materials like polypropylene, polyethylene, and high-impact polystyrene.

Exhibits high immediate bond strength, long tack range, and contact bond properties. Good resistance to water and aging. A thicker verison of 3M(TM) Scotch-Grip(TM) Plastic Adhesive 4693

**Heres where I just ordered some from:

http://www.jamestowndistributors.com...dhesive+4693H#
Last edited by Butch777; Nov 19, 2010 at 02:17 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 02, 2009, 08:04 PM
Thanks for the tip as all my planes are foam including the stryker. Let us know if u find a reliable source.

Jerry
Apr 02, 2009, 11:32 PM
More Motors, More Fun... :-)
Butch, why would I want to use 3M glue you describe as opposed to hot glue?

thx
Apr 03, 2009, 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nioa
Butch, why would I want to use 3M glue you describe as opposed to hot glue?

thx
I am definitely an advocate for the hot glue gun. Good point.
Apr 21, 2009, 05:06 PM
Registered Crasher
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebolavoodoo
Thanks for the tip as all my planes are foam including the stryker. Let us know if u find a reliable source.

Jerry
Direct from 3M worked great for me http://www.shop3m.com/62449526318.ht...KU=62447526310
Another good thing is this stuff comes in a 5oz tube which is WAY more than most other hobby type glues. Sticks to metal pretty good too.
Nov 11, 2010, 08:46 PM
Thread OP
Heres where I just bought some;

http://www.jamestowndistributors.com...dhesive+4693H#
Last edited by Butch777; Nov 19, 2010 at 02:17 PM.

Quick Reply