Mar 29, 2009, 09:21 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Need guidance with set-up for 2 batteries

Am in the assemby stage and want to use (1) 4s A123 battery to power the motor, and a seperate battery to power the servos. What is the correct way to do this? I looked for an existing thread, but didn't find one, but if you have a link, I would appreciate receiving it.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 30, 2009, 03:42 AM
An itch?. Scratch build.
If the ESC has BEC, then it needs disabling if you intend using a separate power supply for the receiver and servos.

Again, if the ESC has BEC, disconnect the red, (center wire) in the connector to the receiver. You could cut it, but the better way is to lift the tiny plastic tag that holds the connector in, pull the connector out and tape it back. That way if you need the BEC facility later, it's easy to replace.
Mar 30, 2009, 04:09 AM
An itch?. Scratch build.
I have just created some pictures if it helps anyone.
Mar 30, 2009, 05:30 AM
Nice clear picture sequence, eflighray

I would just add that, if your ESC is an opto one, which doesn't have a BEC in it, you need to keep the red lead connected in order to power one part of the opto ESC.

Your receiver battery then goes to any spare channel in your receiver, or can be Y-leaded to share a channel if you have none spare

Quick Reply