Lumenier RB2205C-12 2400KV SKITZO Ceramic Bearing Motor
Old Nov 22, 2009, 11:49 PM
Find More Posts by Murman
--Fly By Night--
Quote:
Originally Posted by timocharis View Post
Ah, you'll get it one way or the other.

Well, I got it!! With both my wife and daughter sick with the flu, and rain falling outside, I figured it was a good evening to try the 21t 26awg ABC wind again. 3 hours and 4 Yuenglings later, I was finished and testing it out. With a helpful tip from Dave, it went really smooth until one wire broke as I was pulling it tight on the 21st turn. It was on the final tooth of the 1st phase and I was not about to unwind all that wire and start over so I spliced the wire back together and forced the heatshrink tubing between the teeth. You can see a bit of it in the photo. Other than that, I think I did a pretty neat job. BTW, there's over 15' of wire on this little motor now.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 23, 2009, 01:21 PM
Find More Posts by timocharis
Dave North
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatulator View Post
...one wire broke as I was pulling it tight on the 21st turn.
Wow, I hate it when that happens. But it's a useful guideline about snugging -- you can go for too much! (Yes, that's happened to me more than once, but less so after going to gobrushlesstopothelinewire).

Dave
Old Dec 25, 2009, 06:11 PM
Find More Posts by lowdonkey
i currently am flying a 3depp yak with the 2730-1700 on 2 cells with an 8043 sf prop. i have been reading a lot about rewinding and want to give it a try, i ordered some 24ga and 26ga wire. From looking through this forum most of the winds that really impress me look as though they may be to difficult for a first wind. any recommendations on a first wind for a newbie to get started?
Old Dec 25, 2009, 06:40 PM
Find More Posts by timocharis
Dave North
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowdonkey View Post
any recommendations on a first wind for a newbie to get started?
Do 10 turns of the 24-gauge wye. It will give you a smokin' 2S motor that's got a lot more pop than any of the stock setups, and is pretty darn easy really.

Dave
Old Dec 25, 2009, 07:35 PM
cool thanx for the advice i will try it and let u know how it goes. also what setups are you using to test your motors, what for resistance, rpm, thrust, etc. i have a tme xtremea with pc logging but no way of measuring resistance or thrust
Old Dec 26, 2009, 01:13 AM
Find More Posts by Truglodite
Registered Aircraft Offender
A mOhm meter is the best way to measure Rm, but I wouldn't plan on getting a mOhm meter unless money is no object, or you have someone who wants to "give" theirs to you. I measure Rm with a good multimeter and this circuit:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=580151

I get pretty consistent results; just make sure to put a big heatsink on the 317, otherwise thermal drift can be an issue. Keep in mind that "calculated Rm" (obtained by testing at least 2 known props) is often more useful when comparing motors. I've found some correlation between measured Rm and performance, but only with direct comparisons (like going up a size in wire for the same motor). Calc'd Rm is more useful for comparing an apple to an orange, so to speak; like a blue wonder to an axi.

For thrust I rely on prop charts (badcock.net and DriveCalc), which are accurate enough. I've considered making a thrust stand, but IMHO is not really worth the effort unless you're testing obscure or modified props.

Cheers,
Kevin
Old Dec 26, 2009, 09:13 PM
thanks for the link very interesting read, if i get more into doing my own winds i will have to build one for sure
Old Dec 29, 2009, 02:41 AM
Find More Posts by Truglodite
Registered Aircraft Offender
Yeah, the Rm gadget is getting in to it a bit. The "dremel test" is preferred by most casual rewinders.

Detecting small differences between phases is the primary advantage of measuring Rm directly; this can become critical with delta winds, and it also helps pick out winds with "internal shorts" or improper termination.

Cheers,
Kevin
Old Dec 29, 2009, 06:18 AM
Find More Posts by stroland
dose the 1700 kv blue wonder have 12 or 9 teeth?
Old Dec 29, 2009, 07:04 AM
Find More Posts by Coil
//----\\
I think they are all 12n... 1700 and 1300 12n16p and 3000 12n14p
Old Dec 29, 2009, 11:09 AM
that is correct
Old Dec 30, 2009, 06:01 AM
Find More Posts by stroland

hi

how many turns to get 1700kv? i have the older b.w.(the blue one)
Old Dec 30, 2009, 07:58 AM
i believe the stock 1700kv motor is 10t of 26g wire....i may be wrong
Old Dec 30, 2009, 08:24 AM
i ran a 1500kv motor and a1700kv motor last night with a 8 x 4.3 gws prop....1500kv 48 watts 6.7a 1700kv 59 watts 8.3a
Old Dec 30, 2009, 04:38 PM
Find More Posts by grumman5277
I finished testing the 1500kv with the HC KV meter and it measured 1473kv using a Castle 36. The battery was not full charge due to playing with the meter,however the measurement was not far off of the calculated VAC method.
I counted 10T on this motor stock. I wound the same motor 7T 2 strand 26ga (Y)ABC and will post the results.Should be close to 2200kv.
Jeremy