Mar 28, 2009, 05:00 PM
I break cameras
Thread OP
New Product

Flycamone3 FPV

Just got a flyer from Hobby-Lobby in the mail announcing the FCO3 with FPV and GPS modules as well as optional goggles.

www.hobby-lobby.com

I could not find it on their site.

FC3000 Flycamone3 Core Set $129.90
includes camera, 2" video screen, and mounting bracket. I think the video screen is 2.4 downlinked.

FCO3 transmitter set is $99.90
FCO# V-eyes no price
LinX (not sure what that is ) $29.90
GPS module $54.90

If you buy all the above you will have an FPV package.

I hope they have addressed the issues that have made the FCO2 unreliable, I wouldn't want to be flying blind half way into the fight.

VGA resolution is a bummer (VGA resolution is 400×600×256 colors)
to remove ads between posts
Mar 28, 2009, 06:26 PM
Gaftopher
http://www.tomica.de/FCO/

For info
Apr 03, 2009, 02:13 AM
Was announced last week from direct source that it was delayed "at least six weeks" - from the supposed mid April launch date - due to mechanical issues of pan tilt head. Launch early summer/fall. One thing is sure: mass production not yet started.
Apr 12, 2009, 05:54 AM
Suspended Account

disponible fc03 italy

http://www.modelhobby-flight.it/cate...++3+vers~.html
Apr 12, 2009, 08:04 AM
Pagina In Allestimento Prodotto Non Disponibile
Under Construction Product Not Available
Apr 12, 2009, 11:57 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by RENATOA
Pagina In Allestimento Prodotto Non Disponibile
Under Construction Product Not Available

warning is not disponible
gps kit
goggles eyes
head tracking external...

is disponible see about page
CAMERA
TX RX SET
Apr 12, 2009, 12:51 PM
Gaftopher
Look forward to seeing the first flight reviews then.

You will only be needing a monocle then junglew
Apr 12, 2009, 01:44 PM
Trying to order one:

SARA DISPONIBILE SOLO A MAGGIO
PROBLEMI DI SETTAGGIO E CONFIGURAZIONE

ONLY BE AVAILABLE IN MAY
PROBLEMS OF SETTING AND CONFIGURATION

Believe me, I am in direct contact with Acme.
The April launch was postponed * at least * 6 weeks, due to mechanical issues of pan tilt head.
Apr 12, 2009, 08:26 PM
Dance the skies...
Quote:
Believe me, I am in direct contact with Acme.
The April launch was postponed * at least * 6 weeks, due to mechanical issues of pan tilt head.
Have they made any changes to improve the video quality and battery?
Apr 13, 2009, 01:26 AM
Same sensor, different processor, no idea how much could improve signal processing.
Bigger battery, 500mAh vs 350mAh FCO2, but additional current consummers, the pan tilt servos. With FCO2 the issue wasn't the battery itself, but the power management. Hope the new processor is better, no samples yet.
Apr 13, 2009, 05:07 PM
Dance the skies...
Quote:
Same sensor, different processor, no idea how much could improve signal processing.
Bigger battery, 500mAh vs 350mAh FCO2, but additional current consummers, the pan tilt servos. With FCO2 the issue wasn't the battery itself, but the power management. Hope the new processor is better, no samples yet.
Thanks for the details! Same sensor probably means same lens as well. I think the lens is responsible for the "hot spot" in the center 1/3 of the frames, where the color contrast and white balance are noticeably different than the outer portions. Signal processing might be responsible or able to correct for these I suppose, but focus could also be better. Too bad the picture quality isn't up to par with the camera's other features dedicated to RC plane applications.

Trend now is for HD, at least 1280 x 720p in other cameras in the FCOs price range. They need to keep pace with the video qualities.
Nov 02, 2009, 02:45 PM
KJ4ZQE
I would also add that they need to add a different frequency as an option since so many people fly with 2.4 GHZ radios these days. It would really tick me off if some kid showed up to the field with one of these and shot down all of our planes. 900 MHz seems like the way the serious FPV people go ...
Nov 02, 2009, 03:07 PM
Master Procrastinator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berzert
900 MHz seems like the way the serious FPV people go ...
I'm not 100% sure, but I think 900MHz requires some FCC licensing to use.
Nov 02, 2009, 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berzert
...900 MHz seems like the way the serious FPV people go ...
Again the same nosense... you are not on 900Mhz, you are an amateur...
Study a bit the frequences in your country and you will see that in US 900Mhz is the niche where you are *pushed* to go, not a bad or good choice ! You simply have no better choice.
Actually is exactly the reverse, the 900 is for real amateurish stuff, using CCTV surveillance systems, the receivers are lame, nothing serious can be done without the saw filter replacement, almost no high gain antenna available...The licensed (ham) guys who knows go for 1.3GHz, where is a lot of quality ATV gear good to use for FPV.
In Europe things are a lot different ! First, there nobody judge you as "serious" based on gear only !
Nov 02, 2009, 09:08 PM
KJ4ZQE
Renatoa - Relax dude ... some of us are in this hobby to relieve stress, not yell at each other. And for the record, all FPV stuff is amateur ... that's why it's called a hobby and not a vocation. I agree that gear doesn't make the man, but neither does being a douche.

All I was trying to say is that for U.S. based fliers 2.4 GHz is dangerous to those of us that fly on that frequency range.

Quick Reply