Mar 27, 2009, 06:27 PM
Speed cost money.
Thread OP
Build Log

Marauder 2009 Group build.

Hi all,

I am about 3 weeks from finishing up my first OK built plane in 20 years or so. It was a practice kit before I go on to my Marader.

I have seen group builds and it seems like it would be entertaining. Anybody in for a group build of the MM starting in a few weeks?

Highflier
Last edited by highflier; May 05, 2009 at 06:48 AM. Reason: Changed the title
to remove ads between posts
Mar 27, 2009, 06:31 PM
Still hanging on the Mt. wave
Tempting idea.
Mar 27, 2009, 08:35 PM
I need some building time in t
I'd love to but there's only one problem. I've already got too many kits in the lineup for building and the "Better half" has said I have to build them before I can buy any new kits! She just don't understand the addiction I reckon.
Mar 27, 2009, 08:49 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by highflier
Hi all,

I am about 3 weeks from finishing up my first OK built plane in 20 years or so. It was a practice kit before I go on to my Marader.

I have seen group builds and it seems like it would be entertaining. Anybody in for a group build of the MM starting in a few weeks?

Highflier
If Merrill has the kits, a group build of the Marauder would be killer. I'm building a new tail for mine presently.

-Sean

EDIT - October 12, 2011, LOL!!!!
Last edited by FrogChief; Oct 12, 2011 at 03:47 AM.
Mar 27, 2009, 08:55 PM
Speed cost money.
Thread OP
Since I am still working on the SL, I thought I would give people a time to get a order and get the kits. The SL is a week away from being ready for monocoat (I think)

I have a mini build log in another thread.... But it needs to be updated

Highflier
Mar 28, 2009, 03:01 AM

I sent it!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scaflock
I'd love to but there's only one problem. I've already got too many kits in the lineup for building and the "Better half" has said I have to build them before I can buy any new kits! She just don't understand the addiction I reckon.

You could always tell her I gave it to you and sent it.....

Wylie E. Coyote
Mar 28, 2009, 07:36 AM
Speed cost money.
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaflock

Here is what you do...

Order a kit to a friends house... . When it shows up, hide one of your current kits. Sneak the new kit in. Thus is looks like the MM kit is one that has been around for a long long time. The best part is that you are finally building one of the kits that has been laying around

Highflier
Mar 28, 2009, 08:54 AM
ein flugel schplinterizer
Quote:
Originally Posted by highflier
Here is what you do...

Order a kit to a friends house... . When it shows up, hide one of your current kits. Sneak the new kit in. Thus is looks like the MM kit is one that has been around for a long long time. The best part is that you are finally building one of the kits that has been laying around

Highflier
Been there, tried that, almost lost my shirt.

I have two more Marauders framed up that I should be getting back on in the near future. I'm subscribed to this so I can jump in when I get moving on them again.

Sean
Mar 28, 2009, 11:26 AM
Speed cost money.
Thread OP
Perfect timing.... somebody jump in here....

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...5&postcount=31
Mar 28, 2009, 07:19 PM
Suspended Account
I'll folllow with interest, Its part of my build plan to have a Marauder built this year (along with 4 other various glider projects) so a totally new group build would be nice.
Mar 28, 2009, 09:24 PM
Torn 'twixt buildin' and flyin
I'm with Steve. I'll be watching with great interest.
Nightowl
Mar 28, 2009, 09:26 PM
Speed cost money.
Thread OP
Well there might not be much to watch as so far I have not seen anybody besides myself say yes

I am not feeling the love.

Highflier
Mar 29, 2009, 11:09 AM
Gasbags & Gussets

about to start Marauder mid-april

I will be starting up my maruader kit in mid-april (after taxes are done) and plan to fly in local So. Calif contest circuit this year.

I have been out of the hobby/sport for @ 10 year due to work and kids but now have a bit more peace and time to have fun again.

The Maurauder concept is very appealing due to the wood kit, price, RES (i.e. 3 channel with std. servos vs. 7ch+mg servos), and strong winch durability, and finally one doesn't have to fret about losing or damageing a kilobuck model investment.

If It breaks => build a new one without losing a house payment or limb.

Let the glue and balsa dust fly again!!

john s.
Mar 29, 2009, 02:18 PM
Speed cost money.
Thread OP
Ok thats one

John welcome aboard. I figure I may start around the same time as you. I may not be 100% done with my current project by the 15th, But the building board should be clear long before then. I can always work on Monocoat and electronics while the glue on the Marauder dries.

My skills of building are just so so, but I feel that they are getting alot better even with just 1 model under my belt.

Here is the countdown to my starting of the Marauder.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1017714

I'll be updating that thread as I continue to work on the SL.

John, how long do you expect it to take you to build your Marauder?

Highflier
Mar 29, 2009, 02:21 PM
Speed cost money.
Thread OP
First question, for those that have built one of these before.

Besides building tools, Glue etc, What else should I get to work on this kit. I have not even opened the Box yet to see what it did or did not come with.

Do I need any carbon, Metal rods, Dowels, or anyother structual parts?

Highflier

Quick Reply