Mar 26, 2009, 02:41 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Poor Hobby Lobby customer service

I figured this would be the place to vent. I put in an order several weeks ago with Hobby Lobby, and they forgot to send two packages of engine spacers. No problem! I called and left a message and sent an emial, no response for a couple of days. Then I received an email that says they sent the missing spacers (March 9th). Yeah! Sent USPS with a tracking number. Waited for a while, then checked the tracking number and saw that the package they had given me a tracking number for was delivered in SC (I live in AZ). I have sent two more emails (3/22 and 3/25) and zero response.

I have ordered from Hobby Lobby several times before and received good service and I don't mind at all a mistake being made. What frustrates me is the lack of response to my emails(and forget calling, it always goes to voice mail!) Not sure I will order again, when there are so many companies out there that will respond to a customer with a problem!
to remove ads between posts
Mar 27, 2009, 03:55 PM
doctord,

We take great pride in our customer service here at Hobby Lobby. So if we seemed to have dropped the ball with your order, I apologize and would love to make it right for you. Please pm me and provide me with some more information regarding your order and I'll be more than happy to take care of it. Thanks!

BrianW.

Customer Support Manager - Hobby Lobby
Apr 01, 2009, 06:12 PM
Thread OP
pm sent
Apr 01, 2009, 07:44 PM
That'll hold until ...
Wow I hope it works out via PM. That make a little opposite of poor.

Steve
Apr 05, 2009, 03:07 PM
Thread OP
Gee, still no response. Last time I order from them.
Apr 05, 2009, 11:37 PM
Let us establish a time line here:
3/26/09 Rant posted on Forum
3/27/09 Vendor answers rant. Asks for PM to solve problem
4/1/09 PM sent(4 days later)
4/4/09 No reply from vendor(3 days later) Customer states that he will not do business in the future.

Vendor answers rant in 1 day but customer waits 4 days to send requested PM. Then customer gets angry because vendor doesn't answer sooner.

Am I the only one who sees a slight problem here?

BM
Apr 06, 2009, 04:45 AM
My other TX is a P4000.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillM
Am I the only one who sees a slight problem here?

BM
Nope.

-joedy
Apr 06, 2009, 09:11 AM
Thread OP
Gee, BM, How long do you think I should have to wait for parts to be sent? The original order was placed March 9th...It is now April 6th, almost one month. I have sent them countless emails to their customer service, left them voice mails, and now sent 2 PMs to someone that told me they take great pride in their customer service. I didn't respond right away to his request because I was out of town.

If BM and Joedy want to wait a month for Hobby Lobby to send you your correct order - fine. Go for it! I just don't need to send them my money.

And, Gee, still no response to my PM after 5 days.....how long do you think I should wait....there the ones that screwed up, not me!
Apr 06, 2009, 10:23 AM
Inconceivable
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctord

And, Gee, still no response to my PM after 5 days.....how long do you think I should wait....there the ones that screwed up, not me!
Doc,

I was just at the Weak Signals show up in Toledo this weekend. Hobby-Lobby had a very large booth with a lot of personnel manning it. It was a 3 day show, started Friday morning and ended Sunday night, put in travel and set-up/tear down time and you get at least 5 days. Hobby-lobby's customer service is top-notch, just give them time and they will remedy the problem. I'm sorry to hear about the issues, but we are all human and make mistakes.
Apr 06, 2009, 06:59 PM
Untrustworthy 99%-er
Quote:
Originally Posted by pflumitch
Hobby-Lobby had a very large booth with a lot of personnel manning it. It was a 3 day show, started Friday morning and ended Sunday night, put in travel and set-up/tear down time and you get at least 5 days.
They shut down their entire operation for almost a week? No body left in Tennessee to answer e-mails/phone calls, ship out orders, provide customer service, etc.?

Quote:
Gee, still no response. Last time I order from them.
Doc, pflumitch is correct, just be patient. Heck, one time it "only" took a little over 2 months to finally get what I ordered from HL. Sure, there may have been, oh, one or two dozen un-returned e-mails over a period of a couple of weeks before I finally heard from them. And several more after that until the order was finally correct but the key here is patience. Plus, like he said, the entire staff has been out of town for the last week. So just hang in there!

Berg
Apr 06, 2009, 09:43 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Gee, BM, How long do you think I should have to wait for parts to be sent? The original order was placed March 9th...It is now April 6th, almost one month. I have sent them countless emails to their customer service, left them voice mails, and now sent 2 PMs to someone that told me they take great pride in their customer service. I didn't respond right away to his request because I was out of town.

If BM and Joedy want to wait a month for Hobby Lobby to send you your correct order - fine. Go for it! I just don't need to send them my money.

Invisible mode?

Realistically, there are so many vendors in this hobby who have proven that they intentionally misrepresent stock, refuse refunds when they do that, blow off phone calls and emails, etc, etc.
Hobby Lobby is NOT one of those vendors. Nobody is perfect, but you will learn that in the seedy world of hobby vendors, Hobby Lobby is one of the few you can trust to resolve issues and not leave you screwed. I've been following these issues long enough to write the book on it.
Apr 07, 2009, 06:30 AM
That'll hold until ...
What WTflyer said.

The big vendors put in place checks and balances to ensure that nothing goes wrong. Unfortunately when something does go wrong it can be a bear to right. In this case you have had 2 things go wrong. The omission of parts and sending the parts to Timbuktu. Unfortunately the 2 mistakes (they made) would likely require some personal intervention which may take some time. 6 days over a weekend is maybe a little quick to worry. slybri74 gets notified of PMs the same as we all do via Email along with all the other emails. Odds are that PMs were checked for a couple days and when nothing was there RE the problem that was commited to forgotten (your delay).

The good small shops can kip back to the parts and see that they left something out and mail it, then check the addy they mailed and mail again, well you know provided that they didn't get injured in an accident, have to bury their mother, etc.

So if you quit dealing with a reputable vendor because of one problem you may be a little harsh. On the other hand letting us know you had a problem is good because we can spot a trend. Where there is smoke there may be a fire, where there is lots of thick black smoke there probably is.

Steve
Apr 08, 2009, 12:10 PM
Thread OP
I can understand things going wrong, but his has now been a month. I have sent emails, left phone messages and sent two pms. How much should I have to do to get my order?

I had good luck with Hobby Lobby in the past, but this one leaves a bad taste in my mouth. They may be one of the "good" ones, but there are plenty of other ones out there that would have had this resolved a long time ago. The product I purchase from them can be found plenty of other places.

For me, it is just not wortht the hassle to deal with it. Times are tough - I will spend my money elsewhere.

Still waiting for a response from HL....
Apr 08, 2009, 07:42 PM
My other TX is a P4000.
Why don't you call Mark Cleveland directly? He's the new owner of Hobby Lobby.

Here's a link to his introduction here on RCGroups.com https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1018998

-joedy

Quick Reply