Mar 26, 2009, 05:31 AM
Physics hate's my ideas
Thread OP
Discussion

A mixed Low and High Aspect ratio flying wing glider design for thermalling

So i hope that with a higher aspect ratio on outer wing panels(with some dihedral built in) and also a long root chord for center panel, that i eliminate alot of the downward force unless thats not what happens... since it is a flying wing... but anyways i have to do a control system like this so that i can still manage pitch by the CH3 stick. It will probably only use 2 servos, unless i put in 3 so i can have one for a rudder. It will require quite a far forward CG to fly stable but what do you guys thinK? im veering away from the pod n' tail gliders because i have short booms and the foam is weak to build a full tail without reinforcement i dont have money to buy kite booms so i figured this would work best, and would add another bird to the flat ground thermal collection.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 26, 2009, 11:57 AM
Good site for thermal flying wings.

http://www.continuo.com/marske/index.htm
Mar 26, 2009, 04:42 PM
Physics hate's my ideas
Thread OP
Hmmm those are some great wings!

Quick Reply