Apr 03, 2009, 11:55 AM
http://www.aircraft-world
Hang in there Louis! I'm working on G3 LiPo and Zs motor full data the next two days... and will include pics as requested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourdan
Hi Dave

Concerning the ZS series prop mounting capabilities ..
could you attach two close views
a) one showing the stator flange and shaft
b) one showing the end bell side
For example on a Zs 30xx

Thanks
Louis
to remove ads between posts
Apr 03, 2009, 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NipponDave
Hi Captain,

With a 15V+ Power supply you should get about 1.7C at start of charge and maintain at least 1.6C to end. If you set TCS to 95% or lower charges should probably take 30~40 minutes depending on where you start, I think.

Cheers,

David
Thanks,

The Hyperion G3 7s 5500 35C batteries will be used in both a 3DHS 103" Extra 330SC and a 3DHS 126" 45% AJ Slick 540.

Is there any chance it would be possible to push the 0720 further than 250W with a 28V input?

Erling
Apr 03, 2009, 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Norway
Thanks,

The Hyperion G3 7s 5500 35C batteries will be used in both a 3DHS 103" Extra 330SC and a 3DHS 126" 45% AJ Slick 540.

Is there any chance it would be possible to push the 0720 further than 250W with a 28V input?

Erling
No, max is 250. But that's still a lot of watts, and I think you'll find it adequate. Let us know how your real-life charges go...

We'll probably have higher-watt chargers to choose from next year sometime.

David
Apr 08, 2009, 04:26 PM

When do we see the bigger engines?

Hi Dave!

Well, atm i am running a Z5045-18 Backmount Edition in my new 50cc - Extra on 12S. Great, very smooth running motor!

That ill be is my plane to show on the Hyperion flying day at beginning of May in Germany:
http://www.ts-foliendesign.de/media/...t/IMG_9473.JPG

Therefore i got that motor via Phillip Gardemin from the German "Aufwind - Magazine". I am working on a review of that engine for this magazine atm.

My problem: all those Z5045-* Backmount - are just away from every shop, i can find? Aren't the sold anymore?

Do we see a ZS - pendant in short future (how "short"?) for this 50cc class so that this would be explanable?

I see the ZS65**series since 2008 in the catalog but was not able to get one at any shop in and around germayn. Do we see those motors in the shops soon?

(Man, the Zs6527 would be great for my EF 88" Yak!)

I am asking because it does not make sense to write reviews about motors that aren't sold anymore as you can imagine :-))) Than it would make sense to wait for the new Zs5*** and Zs6*** - motors maybe and do the review on them...

Have a look at the market here in germany and around: the ZS65XX - Series are able to bring an interesting impact, if they are advertised so that they are known. Especially the 6527 can close a gap we have here for 50cc conversions.

Can you tell me anything about those questions atm, Dave? Would be great!

BTW: Sorry to say: i am asking you and here because there is no communication with the danish guys from your EU-branch possible.
For questions about the 5045-18B, i mailed via hyperion-eu.com, i mailed via the "new heading" website, i mailed via Philipp Gardemin to Thomas at NH - there was not one single word coming back...

Some weeks ago, i was at Berlin-Modellbau Shop (LHS): "Yes, we have Hyperion listed but the communicoation with the Guys in Denmark ist that damned difficult that we dont order there anymore."

Maybe you can inititate some words that should be spoken to/ with your EU branch about that. The Hyperion things that i had in handsr are really good material for our hobby - would be a shame if they are not spread here in Germany because of some "communication - black holes" in the EU branch...

Best regards from Germany,

Frank
Last edited by TopSan; Apr 09, 2009 at 02:30 AM. Reason: Added some important things.
Apr 09, 2009, 09:24 AM
Hi Frank,

First, to everyone, sorry again that more data isn't out yet on the ZS motors. I have been working constantly on that, but it is turning out to be a bigger job than expected. For example, making table for every Hyperion model to show which ZS motors should be used and what mounting is required, and doiing a lot of extra testing with the new G3 batteries which only arrived a few days ago.

As for Denmark being offline this week... Thomas worked 16-hours days for weeks to get all the packaging done for the new products, launch the new website, and create some mini catalogs to go into each product box. He's now enjoying a nice vacation in the USA...

The rest of the team has been at an event in Norway the past week (slope) and found they had no internet access (even cell was terrible and unreliable). They'll be back full time on Tuesday.

As for the Z50 review, I think it would be good to go ahead and do it, as it represents the current standard of performance that one can expect for motors in similar price range world wide today.

The ZS65 series info was really released much too early, as it turned out, but we have finally settled on the final design and will start production next month (so maybe 90 days to shelves).

So perhaps when they are available you could review the 6527, and refer back to the Z50 article for comparison?

Z50 backmount plates should be available still in EU for some time ahead, but may just be temporarily out of stock. We do have some remaining at Air Craft, too:
http://www.aircraft-world.com/shopexd.asp?id=4842

Cheers,

David

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopSan
Hi Dave!

Therefore i got that motor via Phillip Gardemin from the German "Aufwind - Magazine". I am working on a review of that engine for this magazine atm.

My problem: all those Z5045-* Backmount - are just away from every shop, i can find? Aren't the sold anymore?

I see the ZS65**series since 2008 in the catalog but was not able to get one at any shop in and around germayn. Do we see those motors in the shops soon?

(Man, the Zs6527 would be great for my EF 88" Yak!)

Have a look at the market here in germany and around: the ZS65XX - Series are able to bring an interesting impact, if they are advertised so that they are known. Especially the 6527 can close a gap we have here for 50cc conversions.

BTW: Sorry to say: i am asking you and here because there is no communication with the danish guys from your EU-branch possible.

Best regards from Germany,

Frank
Apr 09, 2009, 02:07 PM
Good Evening Dave!

...and many thx for you replay!

Well, just to be sure that we talk about the same, when regarding that lack in communication of the EU guys with shops, customers and magazines - i was' not talking abt last 1 or 2 weeks - i was talking about some months..
For 1 week wihtout an answer - man, that happens - i would not complain.
Our first of many tries to communicate to DK was from September; this really is a more generally problem, maybe...

Well, the timeschedule about those ZS65 engines sounds good - i really think, that this series of motors is a great thing for our market.Sure, not in counts like 2* or 3* seizes, but wuite a lot people are converting the popular 50cc clas and therefore the choice of motors is not that good her around . Enough engines for 1-2 kW, a few like Hacker A50 and Axi 5345 for 3, maybe up to 4 kW( but out of specs than) and then a big hole up to the bigger Hacker A80 and Plettenberg Predators, who are both quite heavy and quite expensive and not really a choice for the 50cc - class...

Also most of those motors are not eays to handle (front mounts, spinner mounts and so on), what is not that important for a model "builder", but very important for customers, buying ARF planes :-)

I will try talk to the EU - guys in Pforzheim soon - hopefully we can get a ZS6527 soon to have a closer look and a review on it, maybe in my EF 88" Yak.
I am really looking forward to get my hands on those ZS65 series engines - but not only to them.

Generally: After work, i have been in two LHS in Berlin again to buy some samller things for the long easter weekend. Well, looks like Hyperion ist not "the kown brand" for more than chargers around here. "we have some chargers from that. Motors? Ahh, not really, we have those and that and this - thats enough"...

Well, some work for the EU's left on advertising to the LHS' maybe ;-)

Dave, thx a lot for the upcoming lists of motor/ model data, you are working on - i can imagine, what you face there :-)

You and your family, have a great weekend!

Best regards from the Brandenburg forest - far out and deep in - but near Berlin ;-)

Frank
Apr 14, 2009, 05:04 AM
Closed Account
I received my ZS2213 motor today along with the New generation 3 batteries. You guys are in for a treat. Will post more tomorrow.
Apr 14, 2009, 10:20 AM
Hi Crash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maiden-crash
I received my ZS2213 motor today along with the New generation 3 batteries. You guys are in for a treat. Will post more tomorrow.

Hmmm... 2213... Think i have seen something like that...

...maybe in one of my servos

No, just kidding - go ahead - we're listening!

Best regards from Germany!

Frank
Apr 14, 2009, 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopSan
Hmmm... 2213... Think i have seen something like that...

...maybe in one of my servos
No, just kidding
Frank
Not really kidding... We have brushless servos under development now!

And Zs22 Series Datasheets are done! Working on Zs30 and Zs40 the next two days...
Apr 14, 2009, 07:48 PM
Closed Account
Weather hasn't been cooperating today. So far I ran up the 850 on the 2213-18. For kicks I also mounted a Turnigy 2217 1000kV. The Hyperion pulled harder. The new Hyperion is a very well made motor and is very good looking. It spins perfectly and is very quick on the throttle. I think it barely notices the 10x4.7 its spinning.
Apr 14, 2009, 08:26 PM
X-Era Motors
Quote:
Originally Posted by NipponDave
We have brushless servos under development now!
Time to start a new thread no?
Apr 15, 2009, 03:12 AM

Zs30 Prop Tests

Zs30 prop tests are available here. Working on the Hyperion-World site now to list suggested currents and wattages....

D
Apr 16, 2009, 12:33 AM
Wow it's a lot of work there Dave. I am looking forward to data on the ZS-40**. I promise to buy the best S5, as soon as you tell me which one it is. It is for a warbird.

Best regards. Flemming
Apr 16, 2009, 03:30 AM

Zs65

Dave,

Is there any plans for a ZS65 motor with a kV that will allow 14s on a 4-5 kW setup for a 85-90" 3D/IMAC plane?

I know there will be bigger motors, but I would like somthing below 1 kg that can utilize the 7s packs for a 50-60 cc convertion. Like a ZS6527 with 160-170 kV.

Since I will be investing in 7s packs for a 100cc and 170cc convertion, it would be nice to be able to utilize these in a 50cc convertion as well.

Erling
Apr 26, 2009, 11:19 PM
"RC ADDICT" in Toronto!
subscribed

Quick Reply