Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Dec 28, 2009, 03:21 PM
R/C Airplane Executioner
I don't understand... Most other companies give you a suggested prop range and max current/ power that the motor can take. Hyperion have gone many steps ahead of this... So what if the data is 100 percent up to date with newer G3's. Use the given data as a guideline. Most motors are rated conservatively anyway.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Dec 28, 2009, 04:48 PM
Registered User
GeorgeC's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzkill2 View Post
There is a "note" at the top of each page stating that it is "old" data.
I think I'm "flogging a dead horse" here as you are missing the point completely. A couple of facts for you.
  1. I have always supported Dave's efforts (for over 7 years in fact) and this is not a complaint about him just a reminder that he promised to do something in September that would take about a week to complete. Brian from AC World confirmed this was happening at the time.
  2. The "note" you refer to does not say it is "old" data. It says - All data below (except new 4025-16, pg. 3) was collected with previous generation LiPo, ESC, and Optical Tachometer. In some cases the batteries delivered relatively low voltage output (blue highlight). Use of new G3 Lipo packs may result in higher current flows and corresponding increase in rpm. Tests with Hyperion G3 LiPo, Atlas ESC, and Emeter II Phase Tachometer will be posted by June 1 2009.
  3. The issue is not about "old" data and new generation Lipo's it is about WRONG data and that is what Dave highlighted and undertook to correct. There is a big difference between data that may be understated because of old generation batteries and incorrect data that was due to flawed testing methods. Dave has PM'd me on some data and was very helpful. I also highlighted some inconsistencies in the data and Dave acknowledged this.

Again, this was a reminder to Dave to post the new data and in doing so would ensure his customers were making their purchase decisions based on correct data. If time is against him - remove the link to the page - easy!

George
Dec 28, 2009, 06:05 PM
Registered User
Buzzkill2's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeC View Post
I think I'm "flogging a dead horse" here as you are missing the point completely. A couple of facts for you.
  1. I have always supported Dave's efforts (for over 7 years in fact) and this is not a complaint about him just a reminder that he promised to do something in September that would take about a week to complete. Brian from AC World confirmed this was happening at the time.
  2. The "note" you refer to does not say it is "old" data. It says - All data below (except new 4025-16, pg. 3) was collected with previous generation LiPo, ESC, and Optical Tachometer. In some cases the batteries delivered relatively low voltage output (blue highlight). Use of new G3 Lipo packs may result in higher current flows and corresponding increase in rpm. Tests with Hyperion G3 LiPo, Atlas ESC, and Emeter II Phase Tachometer will be posted by June 1 2009.
  3. The issue is not about "old" data and new generation Lipo's it is about WRONG data and that is what Dave highlighted and undertook to correct. There is a big difference between data that may be understated because of old generation batteries and incorrect data that was due to flawed testing methods. Dave has PM'd me on some data and was very helpful. I also highlighted some inconsistencies in the data and Dave acknowledged this.

Again, this was a reminder to Dave to post the new data and in doing so would ensure his customers were making their purchase decisions based on correct data. If time is against him - remove the link to the page - easy!

George
Well let's just hope it's all updated soon.
Dec 28, 2009, 06:08 PM
Registered User
GeorgeC's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzkill2 View Post
Well let's just hope it's all updated soon.
Let's hope so.
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you!
Dec 28, 2009, 06:09 PM
Registered User
GeorgeC's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by maiden-crash View Post
I don't understand... Most other companies give you a suggested prop range and max current/ power that the motor can take. Hyperion have gone many steps ahead of this... So what if the data is 100 percent up to date with newer G3's. Use the given data as a guideline. Most motors are rated conservatively anyway.
Read my post after yours.
Dec 28, 2009, 06:13 PM
Registered User
Buzzkill2's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeC View Post
Let's hope so.
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you!
Same to you!

I didn't get any new models this year, I'm waiting for the Hyperion Junkers to be released. I hope you got some nice goodies this year
Dec 31, 2009, 03:54 AM
Registered User
Can some one tell me how many oz this setup will produce ?

Hyperion 1919-04 - 6x4E prop - 3sLipo ?
Dec 31, 2009, 04:29 AM
Registered User
Fourdan's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpookiePower View Post
Can some one tell me how many oz this setup will produce ?

Hyperion 1919-04 - 6x4E prop - 3sLipo ?
Hi
Try Scorpion Calc
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=736782
menu propellers : Select APC 6x4E (#30 in the library)
Scroll prop speed to 19020 rpm (coming from the table 1909-04)

Read Thrust 726 gf
Power out 146 W
Pitch speed 115.9 km/h
Torque 73.5 mNm
Tip speed 546 km/h
Units to be changed in "preferences"
Louis
Jan 05, 2010, 09:55 PM
Registered User
nate 1001's Avatar
Any updates on the glider series motors? I am anxiously awaiting their release
Jan 06, 2010, 12:49 AM
http://www.aircraft-world
NipponDave's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by nate 1001 View Post
Any updates on the glider series motors? I am anxiously awaiting their release
We are "almost" on time. Had a delay in receiving some parts, but have got them now and are in full production swing. The line manager says we should have a good number of each type done between Jan 15~21, so expect them to hit dealers around Feb 1st.

Thanks!

David
Jan 07, 2010, 08:18 AM
Registered User
Dave - Awesome work on all the new motors and esc. Ive tried diff combos on my sniper xl of the turnigy and emaxx stuff. After having tried 2 times too many. I finally ditched it and went to ZS3025-10 and a 4S 70A lbec Atlas. Wow just wow. Lighter to boot
Jan 07, 2010, 10:53 AM
Passion
You can mail the Emax motors to me. I have some Emax motors and they compare very well to expensive motors. Power is good and efficiency is tops.
Jan 07, 2010, 01:21 PM
Registered User
Dr Kiwi's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourdan View Post
Hi
Try Scorpion Calc
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=736782
menu propellers : Select APC 6x4E (#30 in the library)
Scroll prop speed to 19020 rpm (coming from the table 1909-04)

Read Thrust 726 gf
Power out 146 W
Pitch speed 115.9 km/h
Torque 73.5 mNm
Tip speed 546 km/h
Units to be changed in "preferences"
Louis

Just for fun I looked at my Spreadsheet for thrust data with a 6x4 APC E to try to match 19020rpm/726g... of course I don't have exactly that rpm, but I have one above and one below:

18780rpm = 740g
19410rpm = 837g

Either I'm too high (~780g @ 19020rpm) or your calc (726g) is a bit low... or, we are both wrong!
Jan 07, 2010, 02:14 PM
Registered User
Fourdan's Avatar
Hi Phil
SC is giving lower thrust (on your data)
18780 rpm 708 gf
19410 rpm 756 gf
Maybe the good average is higher (between)
Are your figures averaged on several testings ?
(I have not those data on my present old xls from you)

On your data .xls I just remark (on Komodo 2413 + APC 6x4E)
17670 rpm Kiwi 558 gf SC 627 gf (SC is higher)
17400 rpm Kiwi 651 gf SC 608 gf (SC is lower)
17370 rpm Kiwi 540 gf SC 606 gf (SC is higher)
Humour ON
As my results are from a routine, my standard deviation = 0 better than your data standard deviation !!
Humour OFF
Anyway, I will accept to update the old file .xls I have from you (v11 -1 : 4401 lines).
Thanks

Louis
Jan 09, 2010, 07:58 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swen View Post
You can mail the Emax motors to me. I have some Emax motors and they compare very well to expensive motors. Power is good and efficiency is tops.
Hahahah good thing I sold em already. Nothing wrong with emax motors for the small stuff. But trust me, when it comes to the bigger motors, Hyperion ZS motors are way more efficient. Too have the same numbers these bad boys are putting out, the emaxx motors are almost twice as heavy. When you put those on a 3d plane, your AUW goes out the window.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale For Sale - New Brushless motors forsale, Hyperion, mega, eflite stealthy Aircraft - Electric - Power Systems (FS/W) 8 Dec 31, 2006 08:54 AM
New Hyperion Z30 Series motors from ACW Zimbo Power Systems 104 Aug 21, 2006 01:11 PM
NEW!!! electronicmodel motors and esc !!!! fjhdavid Electric Heli Talk 9 Jan 22, 2002 08:51 AM
New Brushless motors check it out Eco8gator Electric Heli Talk 5 Nov 06, 2001 02:50 AM
Simpro new Brushless motors chrisc Electric Plane Talk 0 Jun 12, 2001 11:36 PM