Thermals, Tom
Thread OP
Discussion

Wakefield video on YouTube

www.thebuildingboard.com
Latest blog entry: Steak and Old Timers
to remove ads between posts
Mar 25, 2009, 06:07 PM
A great old film! I had fun watching it.
Mar 26, 2009, 12:05 AM
I've been looking for this film ever since I built my my first Scientific Skymaster kit that said 'as featured in the movie "The Long Flight"' on the box. There were also several articles in the popular magazines of the time describing the film and I enjoyed finally seeing it.

Besides the Skymaster I also recognized the Comet Cloud Buster as first model the boy attempts to fly. Korda's Wakefield is the easiest to identify, but the model used in the Wakefield fly-off is elegant and unusual. I found these photos on a MySpace devoted to the movie that show the models more clearly.

http://www.myspace.com/thelongflight

Thanks!

Steve
Mar 27, 2009, 01:21 AM
Absolutely lovely

(Tip: Should anyone wish to save the movie on HD, VIXY does the job......please note that you must paste the proper Youtube-URL in the box, i.e. you must open the movie from Youtube to get the URL)
Last edited by Gluehand; Mar 27, 2009 at 01:31 AM.
Mar 27, 2009, 03:49 PM
Thermals, Tom
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gluehand
Absolutely lovely

(Tip: Should anyone wish to save the movie on HD, VIXY does the job......please note that you must paste the proper Youtube-URL in the box, i.e. you must open the movie from Youtube to get the URL)

I have it on DVD and the image isn't any better. If anyone has a better version, let me know
Latest blog entry: Steak and Old Timers
Apr 02, 2009, 09:25 PM
Free Flight rubber flyer
Does anyone know anything about the F1B the man uses in this video. I was aware of the shoulder wing fad that crept in during the 70's and 80's, but the dihedral on that craft is extreme, and the T-tail is a bit unusual, too.

Quick Reply