Mar 25, 2003, 02:25 AM
the journey is the reward
Thread OP

Pat Buchanan against the War?!

Even Pat don't like it!

"The War Party may have gotten its war. But it has also gotten something it did not bargain for. Its membership lists and associations have been exposed and its motives challenged. In a rare moment in U.S. journalism, Tim Russert put this question directly to Richard Perle: “Can you assure American viewers ... that we’re in this situation against Saddam Hussein and his removal for American security interests? And what would be the link in terms of Israel?...” More

From "The American Conservative"

link

http://www.amconmag.com/03_24_03/cov...orWhose%20War?

HH
Last edited by Hammer Head; Mar 25, 2003 at 02:30 AM.
Mar 25, 2003, 10:31 AM
Go get them Meg!
I haven't trusted what comes out of Pat Buchanan's mouth to be
anything but self serving and divisive since he first reared his spooky visage.

Why on earth would what he has to say one way or another means something to me now?

Even the devil can quote scripture to his own purpose.
Mar 25, 2003, 10:54 AM
Pat Buchanan is a complete nut, always was, always will be... He is so far to the right he is rubbing up to the far left now.
Mar 25, 2003, 05:44 PM
Thread OP

I have never agreed with Buchanan on anything

Until now.

Refute the facts, character assisnation is not informed rebuttal, IMHO.

HH
Mar 25, 2003, 05:50 PM
Go get them Meg!
Okay, I agree with you. Pat Buchanan is against the war. I'll even admit that you are against the war, although it bothers me to do so.

There is a reason that the phrase "Consider the source" was invented.
Mar 25, 2003, 06:00 PM
In his case I don't think it is character assasination. Are you saying you don't think he is a nut case? Do you understand some of his beliefs?

Even I think he is a right wing wacko!
Last edited by Hankstone; Mar 25, 2003 at 06:04 PM.
Mar 25, 2003, 06:37 PM
Peripheral to this post...

It really makes me angry when the entire anti-war population is tarred because the of actions of a few on the fringe. To be fair, it also isn't fair to tar the entire conservative side of the population by dragging out Pat Buchanan.
Mar 25, 2003, 07:57 PM
Thread OP

Pardon

"it also isn't fair to tar the entire conservative side of the population by dragging out Pat Buchanan."jimbarstow

I have not put down all conservatives. Pat may have.

Wing not or not, refute the opinion with a counter argument, rebuttal etc…

So easy to dismiss alternate opinions as “nut”stuff etc

HH
Mar 25, 2003, 08:23 PM

Re: Pardon

Quote:
Originally posted by Hammer Head
"it also isn't fair to tar the entire conservative side of the population by dragging out Pat Buchanan."jimbarstow

I have not put down all conservatives. Pat may have.

Wing not or not, refute the opinion with a counter argument, rebuttal etc…

So easy to dismiss alternate opinions as “nut”stuff etc

HH
Hey, read the post. I'm on your side. I have been arguing with much frustration that the anti-war population are normal folks and not the lunatic fringe. The pro-war side likes to point to protesters on the fringe to tar us all. All I'm saying is that we shouldn't do the same by saying that all conservatives are like Pat Buchanan.
Mar 25, 2003, 09:40 PM
Go get them Meg!

Re: Re: Pardon

Quote:
Originally posted by jimbarstow
Hey, read the post. I'm on your side.
I wouldn't bet on that if I were you. As the U.S. has aptly demonstrated, the enemy of your enemy is Not necessarily your friend.

And just to let you know, your arguments "Mainstreaming" at least some of the protestors found an ear, though it still angers me immensely that the middle left has not proactively shunned such groups as International ANSWER and those knuckleheads whose picture was posted in another thread.

Plus I only respect the (in America) protesters that vote.
Last edited by lrsudog; Mar 25, 2003 at 10:48 PM.
Mar 25, 2003, 11:37 PM

Re: Re: Re: Pardon

Quote:
Originally posted by lrsudog
I wouldn't bet on that if I were you. As the U.S. has aptly demonstrated, the enemy of your enemy is Not necessarily your friend.

And just to let you know, your arguments "Mainstreaming" at least some of the protestors found an ear, though it still angers me immensely that the middle left has not proactively shunned such groups as International ANSWER and those knuckleheads whose picture was posted in another thread.

Plus I only respect the (in America) protesters that vote.
As an aside, my wife (who you jokingly referred to as a communist) was just as repulsed by that banner as I was. How can you be for non-violence and hold a sign like that?

And every one of my friends (and their kids) who marched, voted.
Last edited by jimbarstow; Mar 25, 2003 at 11:43 PM.
Mar 25, 2003, 11:46 PM
Go get them Meg!
Well, they were anarchists, and not liberals. The only reason they hang out with liberals are the cute liberal girls.

That and the fact that if they tried to hang out with the "Neo-conservatives, they'd be whupped but good.

Quote:
And every one of my friends (and their kids) who marched, voted.
I know. You said so. Good Americans all.
Last edited by lrsudog; Mar 25, 2003 at 11:48 PM.

Quick Reply