This thread is privately moderated by cncshaper, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 24, 2009, 01:23 AM
Thread OP
Build Log

J5 - Quarter-scale Project

Hi, this is an introduction to this project that I am involved in since late in October 2008.

I was approached, through my club, S.S.C. (Southern Soaring Club), by the designer Mr Fritz Johl, to find out if I would be interested in building a quarter-scale RC model of his full-size cross-country glider design. We met and went through some of the design details. I was immediately impressed by the design and saw this as a great challenge to build.

As time went by and we spent more time together sorting out some of the construction details I came to realise what an amazingly interesting and knowledgeable man Fritz is. I did a bit of research and found an article about his designs in a newsletter of the ‘CAPE GLIDING CLUB’ based in Worcester, Western Cape, South Africa dated February 2002 called ‘The Cutting Edge’.

I have extracted this article and attached it for your perusal.

I will update and attach pictures as time allows me so check back here every so often.

Any comments and new information are welcome.

Emanuele.
Last edited by cncshaper; Mar 31, 2009 at 12:52 PM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply