Losi Raminator (Mini LST) 1/18th steering servos stripped - RC Groups
Mar 23, 2009, 03:26 AM
Help!

Losi Raminator (Mini LST) 1/18th steering servos stripped

Hi guys,

I'm hoping someone can help me get my son off my back...

He just turned 5 and we got him the Losi Raminator for Christmas. We've since stripped both steering servos, one on one day and the other about a week later and my son asks me about five times a day if I've fixed his truck yet. I've been searching and reading for about a week straight now but I'm not sure I'm getting up to date information since most the posts dealing with these servos are usually pretty old.

I need to replace both steering servos and want to get something that will last. I've read the JR S241MG's are a good fit, work with the stock servo saver, and only require a couple additional holes. Problem is they are $40 each and are slower than the stock cheapo's. I've read people are using Hitec HS-81MG's but I think they are cutting the chassis or something to get them in there. I've got a couple HS-82MG's for a plane I'm building and they are considerably bigger than the stock cheapo's. I would like to use some HS-65HB's that I just pulled from another plane, but the spline is too small for the stock servo saver. I'd be inclined to just buy the replacement stock versions but they are ~$25 and it just doens't make sense when I can get HS-82MG's for ~$22 or the HS-65HB's for $20.

Any help or direction on this would be greatly appreciated.
Last edited by eckcessive; Mar 26, 2009 at 06:42 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 23, 2009, 05:20 PM
i would get the hitec hs-55's they have a lot of travel and work great and they area pretty cheap
Mar 24, 2009, 08:42 PM
but the HS-55's are cheap servos as well and the stock servo saver will not fit the spline. Losi does make an HS-55 servo saver, but it is for the Mini-T and if I'm not mistaken the Raminator is built on the Mini LST platform. Am I wrong?
Mar 26, 2009, 01:23 AM
Foam flies better
Raminator, rammunition, mini lst, mini lst2, and mini monster baja are all built on the same mini lst platform.
Mar 26, 2009, 06:43 PM
So when you guys are changing the steering servos on the Mini LST, what are you using?
Mar 26, 2009, 09:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eckcessive
So when you guys are changing the steering servos on the Mini LST, what are you using?
i dont understand what you mean by this
Mar 26, 2009, 09:38 PM
My Rhino
I have some good associated servos that should work. I raced 18th scales forever and these were fine They are almost brand new. Won them at the last race.
Mar 27, 2009, 10:26 AM
Foam flies better
Make sure you lube the servo savers. The ones on this truck are not that good. Also, look at this.
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_7527546/tm.htm
MG servo mod.