Mar 23, 2003, 06:24 PM
Thread OP

Meridian 400 Flight Report

Well guys,

I flewmeridian 400 today. Storm, rain, or snow couldn't hold me back. We had some rain in this morning and around 10am it slowed down, to a mere shower.

A friend of mine Kasra (Our overall test pilot) flew the first flight for me. I didn't want to get too excited and make a mistake.

--- This bird is awesome no doubt that Paul did it again. Kasra flew the plane beautifully, half throttle and the plane is gentle and available to do low alt. aerobatics with ease. Full throttle.. WATCH OUT NOW!!!!!!!!! We were in for a nice surprise she's a ROCKET ship, I kid you not.

System:

HS 555 w/ Azar antenna.
HS 55 though out.

Power:

Mega 5T 9x6 APC.
9 Kan CElls.

Duration of first flight: 6-9 min throttle management.

Second flight

I flew the second flight, rudder full throw, Knife edge? Sweet, prop. hang? No, it's not meant to hang, it's a pattern, fast, airplane Vetical? Straight up

And here's more of my report

Yours,

Genovia

(Paul, thank you for making this kit, and I am honored, that you gave me the honors to beta build and fly your Meridian 400... Honestly, I think, I will buy the production kit, when it fully hits the market, The Meridian is just a wonderful plane.. Once again. Thank you )
to remove ads between posts
Mar 23, 2003, 06:25 PM
Thread OP
Meridian 400
Mar 23, 2003, 06:28 PM
Thread OP
Mar 23, 2003, 06:33 PM
Thread OP
Meridian
Mar 23, 2003, 06:36 PM
Thread OP
Sweet
Mar 23, 2003, 06:38 PM
Thread OP
Meridian400
Mar 23, 2003, 06:39 PM
Thread OP
Stunner
Last edited by genovia; Mar 23, 2003 at 06:42 PM.
Mar 23, 2003, 06:40 PM
Thread OP
Meridian 400
Mar 23, 2003, 06:41 PM
Thread OP
Mar 23, 2003, 06:44 PM
Thread OP
STUNNING STUNNER [/B] Merdian 400
Mar 23, 2003, 07:08 PM
Hey Geno,

Sounds like you had a good time with it. I was curious about your set up though. How many amps are you drawing static with that thing, The reason I ask is I tried a 7.5"x 6" on 8 600 AE cells and was close to 21 amps right off the charger(and the motor got hot in a hurry). it seems the 9x6 would really bog the 5t down.

I didnt get to fly the Tangent today the winds are back in SE Minn. At least it was warm.
Mar 23, 2003, 07:20 PM
Thread OP
Good Q. Buzz, I never did measure the amps. I still don't have a meter for it, It was warm, not hot. With the help of the holes, it helped it a lot.

Here's my battery hatch.

Velcro on battery and on the hatch, then held in place with tie velcro
Mar 23, 2003, 07:24 PM
Thread OP
My next move is putting a good, strong LG (Removable)
Mar 23, 2003, 09:17 PM
Balsa Builder
Gen,
glad to hear you like it. You need to fly lower for photos though

On the production kit I have eliminated the battery hatch as we found it more trouble than its worth. We installed it on the first prototype, but then just took it off altogether after about 10 minutes. Velcro straps are enough to hold the battery in. (Velcro included)

--Paul
www.oldschoolrc.com

PS -- My website guy is out of town for a week, so the Meridian won't be on my site for a little bit, but if you'd like to order, just contact me via email at [email protected] and I can send a Paypal payment request.
Mar 23, 2003, 10:13 PM
Thread OP
******glad to hear you like it. You need to fly lower for photos though ******

I love it The plane was flying low, the camera (man, me) just can't take good pic.

Quick Reply