OSD Pro From Eagle Tree - Page 55 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Nov 24, 2012, 04:12 AM
Registered User
wazoo22's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billj747
Yes I have the "mute external audio" set to NO.

I just figured out the mic was working all along. Even with the Mic turned all the way up, there is very little transmission other than higher pitch or buzzing frequencies.

Also, the "static" that I thought was there is more of a deeper sounding resonant 'humming buzz' that changes when I flip screens to the OSD menu as well as completely shuts off if I unplug the VTx or VRx from the system. I tried using the stock patch and whip antenna as well as CP antennas. I tried multiple TVs and VTxs (1000mW and 800mW) but this resonant buzz is prevalent on every setup. I'm not sure if it's my Lawmate 1.3gHZ Rx but that is the only variable I have not tried yet...

If I turn up the sound so the 'buzz' is really loud, I can hear the OSD voice alerts and can hear my self-made buzzing sounds through the mic. I'm sure the sound of the motor will come through clearly, but I doubt anything beyond that or maybe wind noise will transmit through the mic.


Billy
Let me join in the club here- same audio buzz, but no real signal.
Audio is not muted
I have power to the mic
white/black levels next.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Nov 24, 2012, 06:03 AM
Registered User
u2builder's Avatar
I am not sure if I am addressing the issue or not, but I do get voice alterts on my LCD monitor. Under parameters there is a volume setting (perhaps under variometer?) that I think may also adjust the volume.
Nov 24, 2012, 10:24 AM
Registered User
Billj747's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by u2builder
I am not sure if I am addressing the issue or not, but I do get voice alterts on my LCD monitor. Under parameters there is a volume setting (perhaps under variometer?) that I think may also adjust the volume.
I cranked all volume options up to 4 (from 1). No real difference.
Nov 24, 2012, 01:47 PM
billpa's Avatar
Bill, if you have a servo to RCA cable, could you connect the OSD's audio output direct to a monitor and see if you still hear the buzzing? I would recommend an OSD external volume of no more than "2" in most cases.

Also, regarding black/white levels, if you turn the OSD screen off (using the main menu setting or turning on the option to use the select switch to turn it off) and still hear noise, the white/black settings will have no effect. Those only would apply if the noise occurs when text is being displayed.
Nov 24, 2012, 02:19 PM
FPV junkie
m_beeson's Avatar
Good point Bill, I hadn't thought of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billpa
Bill, if you have a servo to RCA cable, could you connect the OSD's audio output direct to a monitor and see if you still hear the buzzing? I would recommend an OSD external volume of no more than "2" in most cases.

Also, regarding black/white levels, if you turn the OSD screen off (using the main menu setting or turning on the option to use the select switch to turn it off) and still hear noise, the white/black settings will have no effect. Those only would apply if the noise occurs when text is being displayed.
Nov 25, 2012, 09:43 AM
Registered User
hi billpa

I used my fpv plane, to quadrocopter using osdpro + loger + gps + guardian I use RTH What is your opinion?
Nov 25, 2012, 09:06 PM
Registered User

Congratulation Mike


Quote:
Originally Posted by m_beeson
I suspect the video issues are related to your camera, antennas, or something along that line.

For your return to home.

I see some issues with your settings.

Please post your config file, so we can take a look at it.

-Mike

In the mean time:
Here is some good study material
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1717573

MIke, congratulation. You were right! I just used ferrite ring on "video in" and "video out" OSD... and everything becomes CLEAR! Thank you!



About the RTH, I still need help! I will make a video and post here!
Nov 25, 2012, 10:07 PM
FPV junkie
m_beeson's Avatar
I need guardian settings, and safety menu settings.

If you save your settings, then you can attach that file to a post, and I will be able to open it as a txt. file.

This will give me the whole picture.


I'm glad you resolved that issue with the video.
-Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Job
MIke, congratulation. You were right! I just used ferrite ring on "video in" and "video out" OSD... and everything becomes CLEAR! Thank you!



About the RTH, I still need help! I will make a video and post here!
Nov 25, 2012, 10:11 PM
FPV junkie
m_beeson's Avatar
hakani,

Right now the OSD does not support quadrocopter.

I think some people are using guardian 2d / 3d with arduino based boards, but we will soon have a good solution.

Eagle tree is working on quad support.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1763092



Quote:
Originally Posted by hakani
hi billpa

I used my fpv plane, to quadrocopter using osdpro + loger + gps + guardian I use RTH What is your opinion?
Nov 29, 2012, 02:33 PM
Registered User
junioro16v's Avatar
Hey guys,

I think I already read about that but I canīt find where.

There are any plans on ET to implement automatic waypoints navigation or this is an "out of running" feature?
Last edited by junioro16v; Nov 29, 2012 at 02:43 PM. Reason: Add automatic word
Nov 30, 2012, 12:49 PM
Registered User
wazoo22's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by billpa
Bill, if you have a servo to RCA cable, could you connect the OSD's audio output direct to a monitor and see if you still hear the buzzing? I would recommend an OSD external volume of no more than "2" in most cases.

Also, regarding black/white levels, if you turn the OSD screen off (using the main menu setting or turning on the option to use the select switch to turn it off) and still hear noise, the white/black settings will have no effect. Those only would apply if the noise occurs when text is being displayed.
I will probably brand myself an idiot here, but that servo-to-rca cable sounds like a useful thing.
How might I wire that up?

Signal to center pin
Ground to shield
positive to nothing?
Nov 30, 2012, 01:02 PM
FPV junkie
m_beeson's Avatar
If you are hooking it up to a audio / video input, then you only need the signal and ground.

Your cam and mic will have to be powered, so the positive and ground will still have to go to the cam and mic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazoo22
I will probably brand myself an idiot here, but that servo-to-rca cable sounds like a useful thing.
How might I wire that up?

Signal to center pin
Ground to shield
positive to nothing?
Nov 30, 2012, 01:10 PM
Registered User
wazoo22's Avatar
Thanks. Will actually use a capture device.
Same for video, I presume.
Dec 01, 2012, 07:53 PM
Registered User
I have an issue with my osd..... The ailerons have simply stopped working, i have tried swapping around leads to no avail.... The ailerons work when plugged directly to the rx....I had a minor knock to it in a crash so perhaps this is it?.. Anyone had a similar issue with the osd before?!
Dec 01, 2012, 11:04 PM
FPV junkie
m_beeson's Avatar
It should withstand a pretty good shock, but if your LiPo hit it, then I could see where you may have desoldered a pin, or something.

You should open a support ticket and have eagle tree check it out, if you have any doubt.

It's better to be safe, than have it start working, and then stop when it is airborn.

-Mike

Open a support ticket here


*[EDIT]* You have a jumper from your Rx to the osd, make sure that there is nothing wrong with that jumper. Maybe swap it for another one.

but if you are running PPM, and everything works except for the ailerons, then you should talk to Eagle Tree.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Thecoltster
I have an issue with my osd..... The ailerons have simply stopped working, i have tried swapping around leads to no avail.... The ailerons work when plugged directly to the rx....I had a minor knock to it in a crash so perhaps this is it?.. Anyone had a similar issue with the osd before?!


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product OSD PRO from Eagle Tree (RTH, AHI, Waypoints, Variometer, Voice, now shipping) billpa FPV Equipment 11447 Jun 20, 2017 10:48 PM
New Product OSD from Eagle Tree with logging/Google Earth support billpa FPV Talk 552 Apr 28, 2009 01:21 PM
Discussion New Video On-Screen Display (OSD) Expander from Eagle Tree - $44.99 billpa Aerial Photography 0 Jun 08, 2008 11:30 AM
Pro Data Acquisition Systems now available from Eagle Tree billpa Product Announcements 0 Aug 02, 2005 01:56 PM
New USB data logger accessories and Holiday specials from Eagle Tree Systems billpa Product Announcements 0 Nov 08, 2003 01:51 PM