Nov 07, 2010, 07:50 AM
KJ4YYJ
sacha21
First thing I would do is try my camera only.

What set up do you have?
to remove ads between posts
Nov 08, 2010, 12:59 AM
Thread OP
sacha, that's amazing. As Eugene says, if you bypass the OSD does the color remain distorted? Also, if you go directly from the oSD to your display, rather than going through the transmitter/receiver, does the problem still occur?
Nov 08, 2010, 01:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by billpa
sacha, that's amazing. As Eugene says, if you bypass the OSD does the color remain distorted? Also, if you go directly from the oSD to your display, rather than going through the transmitter/receiver, does the problem still occur?
Do not look at color, this TV tuner

Problem stall synchronization
Nov 08, 2010, 04:26 AM
Hi Bill, may I ask You do some little change in logic RTH - add Minimum Cruise Speed GPS in menu RTH - I strongly need to have "positive" speed GPS to go at start point with strong wing at air? Air speed sensor useless in this case, and RTH will lost model - it`s use only air speed, not "ground", and if GPS speed come down and may be at "0" or less - GPS take wrong position start point - he don`t understand, forward/rear fly about ground.
But if You add this control - when "ground speed" is less, as example, 10 Km/h - RTH add more power to throttle, and in this case model can returning to start point !

P.S. Use GPS speed in RTH may cause to stall model when it fly on wind course, and not solve this problem.
Only combination on 2 speed - air and ground take all chance to reach start place as well, please - add this point in menu RTH - I hope it not "big working" for You
Last edited by catsw; Nov 08, 2010 at 04:48 AM.
Nov 10, 2010, 11:57 AM
Hi again Bill, why You keep silence of my post #154? Many people on our forum waiting You answer!
Nov 10, 2010, 02:19 PM
Thread OP
catsw, thanks for the suggestion. We have some enhancements to RTH for ground vs airspeed on the feature list. When work on that starts, I'll post what we come up with for feedback.
Nov 11, 2010, 03:17 AM
Quote:
catsw, thanks for the suggestion. We have some enhancements to RTH for ground vs airspeed on the feature list. When work on that starts, I'll post what we come up with for feedback.
Hi Bill, glad to see You answer, and we will waiting alpha/beta version to testing it. As we think - one menu item, some like as "Cruise GPS speed" - if zero - it will disable. No many changing in firmware need to do this feature, but it be very useful for many FPV pilot and save many planes.
Nov 11, 2010, 08:38 PM
Addicted to FPV
Hi Bill,
I am configuring my osd pro RTH function and I noticed after hooking up a servo to my esc via y harness that the RTH is not working on my throttle channel. The simulator shows the throttle increasing to cruise spped but the servo does not move. All the other RTH channels work(rudder, elevator). I am using a futaba 2.4ghz receiver with the failsafe programed for negative as recomended in the OSD directions.

Kalani
Nov 12, 2010, 01:07 AM
Thread OP
catsw, one clarification: note that if you choose to use GPS speed for RTH/ladder(in the "sensors.." onscreen menu), then RTH will use the GPS speed rather than pitot speed. Will this meet your needs short term, until we figure out the best way to combine pitot and GPS speed?

Kalani, can you confirm you have things wired this way:

ESC -> OSD Pro Throttle In port
OSD Throttle Out port -> Test Servo

Also, does the test servo move as you move your throttle stick, when RTH is not invoked?
Nov 12, 2010, 01:34 AM
Addicted to FPV
Bill,
I had it RX to y harness to servo and OSD. Now that I think about it it should of been on the OSD out side of it. The servo did move while I moved the throttle stick but not when the RTH was initiated. I would test it but I had a crash right after I posted the question. I may of fried my TX when the antenna broke off. I have a email out to Tim at readymade to try and figure out why its not transmitting. I flew out of 2.4ghz range and it went into a death spiral... If only ET RTH worked with the futaba 2.4ghz RSSI.
Nov 12, 2010, 02:15 PM
setup: OSD Pro + logger V3 + GPS 5Hz + CPD4 + microsensor Altimeter + software 8.63 = all working fine.
After flashing 8.88 update - barometric altimeter in zero (0) and sometimes click to 32xx. All devices reset, altimeter re-calibrated. Nothing. No functional in OSD mode, and Live view mode to. In log 32xx max value not present.
I'm roll back 8.63 - all working again, but something change. Barometric Alt not stable, value quickly jump -10, +8, +1, -5, 0 ... e.t.c. on ground in stable temp & air. Variometer is crazy - Oink Oink Oink :-) Calibrate & reset procedure not help.
How fix it ?
Nov 12, 2010, 03:36 PM
Quote:
catsw, one clarification: note that if you choose to use GPS speed for RTH/ladder(in the "sensors.." onscreen menu), then RTH will use the GPS speed rather than pitot speed. Will this meet your needs short term, until we figure out the best way to combine pitot and GPS speed?
Hi Bill, no, I perfect know, now use GPS speed in RTH. But it not right solution - I can stall model, when I fly on wind direction! OSD must control two speed - air (don`t stall model ( as example 30 km/h) and GPS for right GPS direction (as example 5...10 km/h FORWARD (at ground) fly) Only in this case, RTH can do two: 1-st control air speed - and I be sure it nominal, and GPS speed - and I be sure right direction when model returning at start place.
Nov 12, 2010, 11:13 PM
Thread OP
dblnaknak, sorry to hear about that!
Quote:
If only ET RTH worked with the futaba 2.4ghz RSSI.
Do you mean that you'd like RTH to activate if RSSI gets too low, instead of only activating when failsafe is detected?

Dmitryz, are you using the altimeter V2, or the altimeter V3 with LED display?

catsw, thanks for the info. We'll get to that as soon as possible.
Nov 12, 2010, 11:23 PM
Addicted to FPV
Quote:
dblnaknak, sorry to hear about that! Do you mean that you'd like RTH to activate if RSSI gets too low, instead of only activating when failsafe is detected?
Bill,
Yes. If only it could do both. I know it would be asking for alot but just imagine if the user could program a RSSI low alarm that kicked in the RTH before the failsafe. The problem is the 2.4 failsafe and RSSI input. I ordered me a corona FM (long range) receiver today. I just dont trust the 2.4 after this inicident. Ill keep my 2.4ghz for my foamy edf jets....
Nov 13, 2010, 05:34 AM
Quote:
catsw, thanks for the info. We'll get to that as soon as possible.
Ok, thank`s Bill, we will waiting ASAP!!! I`m sure - it add more successes returning model at start point!

Quick Reply