Mar 13, 2009, 06:12 PM
Thread OP
Yippee!

FPV Video In Full HD... Hold on to Your Seats and Try Not to Get Wet !!!

Being Re-Edited to fix imperfections in video !!

Tune in later..
Last edited by JettPilot; Mar 15, 2009 at 10:41 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 13, 2009, 07:55 PM
In the middle of nowhere
Awesome as always Jett.

You said in the vid that the image was stabilized. What does that mean?

I think you mentioned in another post that you have the Aipitek HD if I remember correctly. I noticed the camera auto focus was on. I read in another thread somewhere that you will have better results with it turned off. I have the Aipitek too.

Are you somehow zooming in and out remotely?

Cheers,
Spud.
Mar 13, 2009, 08:15 PM
No guts no glory
what I like the most about your videos are the search tags on youtube hahah wth kind of audience are you looking for

nice video btw lol
Last edited by pratorian; Mar 13, 2009 at 08:24 PM.
Mar 13, 2009, 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JettPilot
Here is an FPV video recorded in full High Definition. Try not to get wet on this one, because the plane did As always in You tube, do not watch this video here ! The quality will be horrible unless you click on the yellow title that is on the top of the video here, which will take you to and open up a new You Tube page. Then click on the " HD " symbol box on the bottom right of the video, and also click on the full screen box to see it in full screen. This video is hardly worth watching in the standard you tube quality, but it is just incredible when watched in Full HD !!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqkd4OLUi6Q

Enjoy,

JettPilot
Nice video but just to be clear, I think your actual FPV flying was in standard def for the visual downlink while you were recording HD on board the aircraft. Right?

OMM
Mar 14, 2009, 12:28 AM
FPV Pilot
Cool Video and enjoyed the ride . Now I need dry off....
Mar 14, 2009, 01:47 AM
Suspended Account
Nice vid. took my computer long enough to down load it but for sure worth it

should of taken a dive when you had a chance in the sprinkler

you or us did not get wet?

but worth every bit of enjoyment

thanks for the good vid

david22
Mar 14, 2009, 02:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Man Mike
Nice video but just to be clear, I think your actual FPV flying was in standard def for the visual downlink while you were recording HD on board the aircraft. Right?

OMM
Absolutely and not only that, the downlink also has the displays from the camera's OSD on it as well, such as the record icon.

A user called Wobby did this last year and even had a pan and tilt for the Aiptek cameras, very cool.

Sorry that the plane got wet. What's all the weird sexual youtube tags? The proxy server at work picks these up and I could end up getting fired.
Mar 14, 2009, 08:35 AM
Suspended Account
I must of missed the best part, when the lense got drops on it?
will look for them again.

did not see any sexual tags either?
Mar 14, 2009, 09:46 AM
FPV Crash Dummy
I'm sorry to say I didn't enjoy this as much, the stabilization was always distorting the perspective and making it hard to watch.
Mar 14, 2009, 09:48 AM
Suspended Account
I think videos look better when the camera is on the fuse instead of the wing
Mar 14, 2009, 11:02 AM
Thread OP
For those asking about tags, I think all the sinners out there should repent and start flying FPV instead. Immagine the joy of going to you tube to satisfy your vices and end up watching and FPV video instead, it could change lives

The camera and the plane did get a little wet, but not bad, you can see drops on the lense when I turn back into the sun that quickly dried in flight. The HD video is recorded on the plane while I transmit back to the van in standard video on 900 MHZ. I dont have the capability to transmit in live High Definition * YET *

The camera was on the wingtip, but the video turns out the same fuse or wingtip, roll is roll, and pitching motions are also the same, you would not be able to tell the difference if I made two tests... Problem was, conditions this day were just HORRIBLE The wind was howling and the plane was getting thrown all over the place. Deshaker did an amazing job stabilizing this video, the turbulence was so bad, if I had not stabilized the video it would have not been any fun to watch.

JettPilot
Mar 14, 2009, 11:07 AM
Suspended Account
please keep up with more cool vids
Mar 14, 2009, 11:57 AM
nice, but next time better get a global shutter cmos based camera, or directly a ccd one, so video dont look moved due to motor vibrations, now looks like see thru eyes of a drunkard man :P
Mar 15, 2009, 12:03 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by David22
please keep up with more cool vids
Im working on the next one right now

JettPilot
Mar 15, 2009, 10:04 AM
Suspended Account
I went to watch your video again to look for the droplets of water on the lense but it seems to be removed from the interent?

Quick Reply