Mar 13, 2009, 04:46 PM
WAA-08 Pilot Eventually
Thread OP
Discussion

Robbe Sea Bee

Found this in the Robbe cataloge. Anyone know who in the USA distributes it?
to remove ads between posts
Mar 13, 2009, 09:20 PM
Suspended Account
Haven't seen that one until now. I imagine they may want more for it than most would want to pay, as there are not many Seabees out there. Would be a nice detail if they had clear glass, for the huge windows. It looks like the old Tom Mountjoy semi-scale build.

You could always take the build route, but it's a heck of a plane to build.
Mar 14, 2009, 01:40 AM
Closed Account
Hi, Donjiskra

It is due out soon, no one has stock but you can pre order from some web sites.
It goes for around e156 ~ e190, so call that quite a bit of money, looks nice but I think the route of self building would be better, then you can have the detail you want.
If you watch carefully, over this coming year, this is where the European model manufacturers hump GWS for being too slow in producing a 'Flying boat/seaplane' (IMHO) there will be more designs out soon, as they sell by the thousands to would be flyingboaters, Cheers Al

Try searching their online site (english) and other languages, for a dealer network.
http://cms.robbe.com/en/
Last edited by rotorheid; Mar 14, 2009 at 03:05 AM.
Mar 14, 2009, 06:44 AM
WAA-08 Pilot Eventually
Thread OP
Hi Rotorheid,Thanks for your reply.
Your comments are most interesting and appreciated.
I did check out the Robbe website, that's where I got the screen capture images of their catalogue page. Also I sent an e-mail to them inquiring about a US distributor. No response so far. I'm hoping that Hobby Lobby will be interested.

As far as a build, LOL, no way.
Best wishes from this side of the "pond"
Don
Mar 14, 2009, 08:58 AM
Don did you see the Aventura 3 and others link?
Mar 14, 2009, 01:28 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotorheid
Hi, Donjiskra

It is due out soon, no one has stock but you can pre order from some web sites.
It goes for around e156 ~ e190, so call that quite a bit of money, looks nice but I think the route of self building would be better, then you can have the detail you want.
If you watch carefully, over this coming year, this is where the European model manufacturers hump GWS for being too slow in producing a 'Flying boat/seaplane' (IMHO) there will be more designs out soon, as they sell by the thousands to would be flyingboaters, Cheers Al

Try searching their online site (english) and other languages, for a dealer network.
http://cms.robbe.com/en/
Very true. We've been telling GWS to pursue these unique directions, while they continue to make low sellers like the AT6, and overdone jets like the F15 and J10. The seaplane market has certainly not been exploited, in foamies. There are a few, but often cheesy and non-scale, like that Gordo thing. I hope these new releases will do well if they come out this year, and maybe get GWS into it. The "would be" flyingboaters is the key word. People like things that are different, and I can see land flyers really going after well modeled, reasonably key word "scale" foam flying boats.
Mar 15, 2009, 06:15 AM
Closed Account
Hi Donjiskra,

Thanks mate, greetings and best wishes from the 'far side' sandpit to you, hope you get a reply from the Robbe folk. It would be interseting to see how the Sea Bee actualy performs when released. Cheers,

regards to all, inc GWS, Al
Mar 16, 2009, 06:58 AM
WAA-08 Pilot Eventually
Thread OP
airboatflyingshp.
Yes I saw the Aventura 3 link and watched the video.
That model was actually a twin motor Aventura II.
Don
Last edited by donjiskra; Mar 16, 2009 at 10:44 AM.
Mar 16, 2009, 02:21 PM
Omphaloskeptic
That looks like the amphibian I see parked at Lost Nation airport in Mentor, Ohio. I'll take a pic and post it next time I drive past there.
Mar 23, 2009, 01:46 PM
USAF Vet Senior Member
Check this link out. Choose Multiplex and toward the end you will see a couple of Sea Bees flying. Guess they are available in Europe.
http://www.hohenlohe-webundvideo.de/...m09/index.html

Pete
Mar 23, 2009, 03:46 PM
WAA-08 Pilot Eventually
Thread OP
Peter,
Thanks for that link, now I'm convinced Hobby Lobby needs to be the US distributor. With this link you can go directly to ROBBE and the SeaBee video will come up:
http://www.hohenlohe-webundvideo.de/...m09/index.html
Mar 23, 2009, 04:41 PM
USAF Vet Senior Member
Don, why didn't I think about choosing Robbe! Good one! Of course, I did like to see the new Multiplex wing fly though. Could be a good summer for us.

Pete
May 03, 2009, 03:35 PM

Seabee Video

Nice little waterplane:

http://airtoimedia.nl/web/upload/Jur...009-Seabee.wmv

Unfortunately we did not have any water.

Jürgen
May 03, 2009, 07:58 PM
WAA-08 Pilot Eventually
Thread OP
Thanks Jurgen.
Nice fying!!!!
Sure wish it was available here in the U.S.
Maybe????
May 19, 2009, 09:49 AM

Beriev BE-101

Nice plane the robbe sea bee... but I decided to buld one myself from scratch..and I took for an example the Beriev BE-101... This plane has never flown, because it was not build...
If this one flys it will be (at my knowlage) the first one that flys..

I made this one with an wingspan of 120 cm... well just look at the pictures, which i took during building... its all made of 5 mm depron except for the wing ..

I have to finish it by adding roll rudder at the wing and connect the elevator and rudder stearing and the electronics..

but just look and as my flying buddy says... if it looks good..it will fly good..

Quick Reply