Los Banos Scale Sailplane Event 2009 - Page 2 - RC Groups
Apr 03, 2009, 01:29 AM
E-Scale & Sailplane Guy

Last Chance For 20% Los Banos Discount!!

I've extended the deadline for early registrationuntil Monday APril 6th. If you are sending it in PM me and let me know.
Bruce
to remove ads between posts
Apr 06, 2009, 10:39 AM
Bruce and Brian, looks like I won't be able to make it, we had our washer malfuction and it flooded our laminate (Pergo) flooring which is now ruined. So our house is right now complete crazy, flooring all having to be torn out and new flooring installed which is about a 2 week job. I REALLY didn't need this! (Although I could leave this mess to the little lady of the house and let her handle it while I go flying for 3 or 4 days, anyone think I would have a bed to sleep in when I return from flying?) Dennis
Apr 06, 2009, 05:11 PM
Hey dennis thats ok I had a simular event as well. Putting in a double sink for my parents master bath room. I was hopping to get my Pik-20 done last month but I'm in the final stretch before los banos.

Tim
Apr 06, 2009, 05:22 PM
Electric Airplane Junkie
Dennis,

You got 10 days to refinish it before coming up to LBS09. OR just throw a carpet over the floor and call it good.

I thought the pergo floor is water proof??

Brian, an EAJ
Apr 07, 2009, 06:40 PM
Hi Brian and Dennis,
Ya" Right! (: Water proof (: I like that!
Joe
Apr 07, 2009, 07:38 PM
Electric Airplane Junkie
Joe,

Are you coming to LBS09?

Brian, an EAJ
Apr 07, 2009, 09:37 PM
Hi Brian,
As of right now yes I am.
Joe
Apr 09, 2009, 02:10 PM
Brian, Pergo or any laminate floor is waterproof as long as you don't have water at the seams where it snaps together, We had at least an 1/8 to 1/4 inch of water everywhere for up to 2 hours, by that time it had leaked into quite a few of the seams. So it all had to come up and get tossed. We have found the new flooring and it will start getting installed next Monday, meanwhile the house is a complete mess with furniture jammed every which way, and the garage is full of stuff so I can't even access my models. This really sucks! You guys have fun at Banos, I could possibly come for one day but that's too long of a drive by myself since no one is available to go with me on short notice if I could go.
Apr 09, 2009, 02:50 PM
Electric Airplane Junkie
Dennis,

We fly there once a month. Come up anytime. Just the wind works the best during spring time.

Brian, an EAJ
Apr 15, 2009, 10:58 AM
Hey, Last night I called the towerr at Los Banos. It said 29 MPH around 5:30 pm. I can't wiat to get their this weekend for the event.

Tim
Apr 15, 2009, 04:47 PM
Unfortunately It looks like its going to be hot and no wind..... Lets hope it changes as I just got my 2m Fox today for the slope. Lets hope we get some wind!!!!!!!

Aaron
Apr 16, 2009, 08:14 PM
I'll see you guys their on Friday around luch time. I've got my Pik-20 done in time for it's maidin flight.

Tim

P.S. it's blown here in the bay area pretty good. unfortunilty it's north east I think.
Apr 16, 2009, 11:00 PM
It's not going to build itself
If it's the wrong direction, are there other areas to fly from around the resevoir?
Tom
P.S. We'll be there in the morning, Jonathon and Gary are there now.
Apr 17, 2009, 08:09 PM
∞ Boundary Layer

Friday

Friday's weather cooperated, & the sky was full. Looking forward to a great LB weekend.