Mar 10, 2009, 04:12 PM
Ron
Ron
Discussion

Chilliwack 2009

Hi everyone...winter's about done, time to be making plans for the Annual Chilliwack Fly in on Memorial Day weekend...this year the dates are May 22 through 25th...on site camping as usual, bring a floaty plane if you got one so you can join the fun at the pond. There will be a float flying session both Saturday and Sunday....If you have stuff that needs a new home, bring it along and maybe you will be able to sell it here..we sorta have an informal swap thingy going on all weekend... weather has been taken care of, so it should be a good weekend for all..lots of flying, meeting good friends, and just generally having a good time...fly from Dawn till you get tired of it all...which in Glen's case seems to be after all the flashlight batteries die around one or two in the morning :-) If you want a spot reserved for your tent or camper, be sure to let me know...my email is
rdodd@sutton.com and I'll save you a spot...Glen..do you want your regular spot?? How about Grant?? do we save you one too?

looking forward to seeing you all here at my favourite weekend of the spring.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 10, 2009, 04:34 PM
Great stuff Ron! I'm looking forward to it. I've already been in contact with a few other regulars and we already have hotel rooms booked. That's right, I'm moving out of the back of my van this year. I'm hoping to arrive Thurdsay night so I can be at the field first thing Friday morning and take advantage of some (hopefully) calm winds.
Mar 12, 2009, 02:23 AM
Ron
Ron
Good stuff Frank :-) looking forward to seeing you here agian...maybe we can have you up on my EV..while I fly the Pup....do I hear the word dogfight??

got a real surprise coming along here too..it involves Ivan.
Mar 12, 2009, 05:26 PM
Count me in! I am looking forwards to having a great time and seeing everyone's new projects. Save me a spot to pitch my tent.
Colin
Mar 12, 2009, 08:43 PM
Ron
Ron
Ok Colin..you got it...see you at the field.
Mar 15, 2009, 12:16 AM
It's a pleasure to be invited by our most gracious neighboors to the North.The last couple of years have been great, and I'm sure this year will be as well..... Indeed.
Mar 15, 2009, 02:15 AM
-Flight enthusiast_
Hi Ron!

I'll be there, early and late, as usual

Cheers!

Glen
Mar 15, 2009, 03:45 AM
Epic Huckin'
what field will it be at? and is it floats only? how/where do I charge my batteries? I might go, It'll be my first funfly.
Mar 15, 2009, 11:29 AM
It's at the Fraser Valley R/C Flyers Field. You need to bring your own power source to charge your batteries. (Car, 12V deep cycle battery, etc.) Most of the flying is at the club field, and then a smaller group break off and head to the pond in the mornings for a while. There is a map to the field on the MAAC website. And you must be a MAAC member (or AMA member if coming from the USA) to fly.
Mar 15, 2009, 03:36 PM
Epic Huckin'
kool, i might come out for 2 days flying electric foam
Mar 15, 2009, 08:27 PM
Ron
Ron
Glen...glad to hear you're gona make it again..I suppose you want the good spot again eh? haven't heard from Grant this winter...wonder if he's gonna be able to come?? ?? Maybe we can have a biplane fest seems there's lotsa them around this year..I know you have one...or at least HAD one....still got it?
Mar 15, 2009, 11:12 PM
-Flight enthusiast_
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron
Glen...glad to hear you're gona make it again..I suppose you want the good spot again eh?
Yes please

Quote:
Maybe we can have a biplane fest seems there's lotsa them around this year..I know you have one...or at least HAD one....still got it?
Oh yes - maybe because I haven't flown it since I got home in September - have only flown the EZ Glider a few times. I need to find a new place to fly it that isn't two hours away, because the rough patch of ground that's only an hour away is pretty well not available anymore. Looking forward to parking on your nice lawn And in my typical style, I'm only now ordering servos for the CAP 232

Oh, and I'm hoping to take lots of video this year.

Cheers!

Glen
Mar 16, 2009, 01:37 AM
Epic Huckin'
this sound like so much fun, do you guys think it would be safe to leave my plane out in the open? im thinking of getting my dad to drop me off there for 2-3 days with a sleeping bag and sleeping wit my planes beside me
Mar 16, 2009, 02:36 AM
-Flight enthusiast_
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintball_kidz
this sound like so much fun, do you guys think it would be safe to leave my plane out in the open? im thinking of getting my dad to drop me off there for 2-3 days with a sleeping bag and sleeping wit my planes beside me
You might need some shelter Also food and water - it's miles from the nearest store. My first visit to Chilliwack in 2000 featured a day when 2 inches of rain fell, sometimes sideways But that wasn't enough to keep me from coming back for every event since.

Cheers!

Glen
Mar 17, 2009, 12:23 PM
Yes,
Definitely bring a decent tent and a cooler for food! Your things will be safe - I don't think people will be walking away with your RC or camping gear, but protection from the elements is good. (Hopefully all we need this year will be a sun hat and some tanning lotion. But I'm bringing my rubber boots again, just in case!) I've camped out the last three years and it worked out really well. Feel free to ask me any questions - I'll try to answer them.
Colin

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpeden
You might need some shelter Also food and water - it's miles from the nearest store. My first visit to Chilliwack in 2000 featured a day when 2 inches of rain fell, sometimes sideways But that wasn't enough to keep me from coming back for every event since.

Cheers!

Glen

Quick Reply