Mar 09, 2009, 08:36 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Thread OP
Discussion

Four channel Co-ax thread. Group to help others solve problems. All welcome.

Hey all. I am back. Cause some of you requested I not stop. I offended someone on here, tried to say that I was sorry, and he wouldn't except it. Oh well. Last night, I flew a copter outside that I built from scratch. It is a lama v4 with outdoor mods. There aren't that many needed to do it. Three things needed... Shortend flybar, extended inner shaft, longer servo horns. That is just about it. I modded mine for fff. But that just means adding current weight to the front of the cog. Hope all of my friends are still out there. Lee
Last edited by leethetreeguy; Jul 17, 2010 at 03:08 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 09, 2009, 08:38 PM
innocent victim
Hi lee, welcome back!
Mar 09, 2009, 08:40 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Thread OP
Thank you bro. I was told not to give up. lee
Mar 09, 2009, 08:42 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Thread OP
If Tina finds out, she will be upset. She saw what I went through cause of the last one.. hehe. Lee
Mar 09, 2009, 09:01 PM
Cranky old fart
Glad you're back. We missed you. So, how's work going and how's the health issues?
Mar 09, 2009, 09:06 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Thread OP
Work is good. I am gonna remain on light duty. hehe. I am feeling better than ever. Thank you for asking my friend. Lee
Mar 09, 2009, 09:19 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Thread OP
There is alot of talk on here about everything being perfect. Hand''s off hovering. That kinda of stuff. I will tell you all right now. I flew one heli outside tonight that was far from perfect. It has a bent inner shaft. I flew another that has a bent flybar. Had wonderful experiences with both. Not a crash. You may have to learn to deal with the wind effects and all, but it will do it if you can. Cut and add throttle to overthrow the leveveling out effect. And such. It can be done is all I am saying. Oh yea, None of mine were set up perfect yet. Just have to use the sticks properlly. hehe. Lee
Mar 09, 2009, 09:26 PM
Welcome back Lee
Mar 09, 2009, 09:29 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Thread OP
Thank you Rick159. I am back. And I have done my homework. I am stronger than ever. hehe. I am here to stay this time. I sure enjoyed talking to you. I hope you can call me again sometime. Lee
Mar 09, 2009, 09:35 PM
Lee, You do alot of outdoor flying. Is it normal to loose foward flight outdoors? Sometimes when outside the lama 3 has very slow foward flight and thats with the stick full trottle. Other times its normal. At first I thought that something was wrong with the heli, but now I'm thinking that it could be pushing against a slight breeze?? What do you think? Every have that problem?
Mar 09, 2009, 09:40 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Thread OP
Yes, I do. Sometimes it is required to cut throttle and then full throttle to counteract the effect. Try it and see. Also changing the heading for a secound and giving it left/right stick will help before returning to full forword. You could try reducing the flybar, but that is another consequence all together. You better have alot of outdoor space to figuere that one out. hehe. I have had my dinner and meds, and I am going to bed. Good night all. God bless you all, and keep you safe, warm, and dry. I will be here again tomorrow after work. Lee
Mar 09, 2009, 09:41 PM
Lee, One more thing. I keep looking at the used Blade MCX. I'm not sure if I really want one. There so small and seem like they move slow. I know you have one. How does it compare to your Lama 4? I need some help, either talk me into getting the MCX or talk me out of it
Mar 09, 2009, 09:43 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Thread OP
Get the mcx. It is alot of flying, and less tweaking. You will absoulutely love it for indoors. I can set it at eye level and set the tx down for a full minute if I want to. Lee
Mar 09, 2009, 10:45 PM
My #1 son has just bought a Blade CP Pro and mcx for his birthday, Lee. He wanted something he could get parts for at the LHS as well as help when needed. I guess you guys have a decent guy who knows heli's, but they don't want to help much if you don't buy it there. He also wants to try the club that Rick belongs to that flies in Dunwoody. They set aside a day a month to work with newbies.
Now that he's got 2 new heli's, he's sending me his Walkera Lama2 that he has had a lot of problems with.
Glad to hear you're healthy again.
Mar 10, 2009, 12:11 PM
Welcome back Lee!! I missed ya too!! Hope your having a great day today That baby is taken his time gettin here. My wife's due date was yesterday, but he doesn't want to come out yet!!!

Quick Reply