Mar 17, 2019, 08:46 PM
Ken's CAD Models
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainyday101
dz1sfb Ken,

Do you still cut these kits????
Sorry Rainyday101 that i missed your post. I do still cut kits. Just not out there really marketing them. Let me know what your interested in and I can give you a quote.

Ken
to remove ads between posts
Mar 18, 2019, 09:07 AM
You're killin' me Smalls
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmodels
Does anyone know where to get motors? HobbyKing is all out of the Blue Wonder 1700kv motor. I need to build another plane for a club member and canít find another motor.
Racores sells a completer kit for their 32" flat foamie kits which includes a KEDA variant of the classic Blue Wonder with much better bearings, though I think he mostly carries the 1300kv to use with a 3s450 and an EP-8040 prop. May be worth reaching out to Jim at racores.com if you're looking for the more traditional motor instead of moving into quad motors
Mar 18, 2019, 05:00 PM
Ken's CAD Models
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownEyedFool
Racores sells a completer kit for their 32" flat foamie kits which includes a KEDA variant of the classic Blue Wonder with much better bearings, though I think he mostly carries the 1300kv to use with a 3s450 and an EP-8040 prop. May be worth reaching out to Jim at racores.com if you're looking for the more traditional motor instead of moving into quad motors
The KEDA variant of the Blue Wonder are excellent motors. Not only do they have better bearings, they are machine wound, and they have soft flexible leads.
You definitely want the 1700 Kv one though. They run very well on 3s with the 7x6. That is the setup I ran in my Tucano with a 750mAh 3s Rhino.

Two thumbs up,
Ken
Mar 18, 2019, 09:45 PM
You're killin' me Smalls
Yep. When Jim at RA cores was having supply issues on BW motors I reached out to Don (I think) about his experience with KEDA and then aimed Jim at them and now that’s his supplier.
Mar 31, 2019, 04:46 PM
"ThunderBear" is almost finished. Have yet to build the landing gear, still have to position the electronics, and finish it up with a little more painting. It certainly isn't as clean as your VLF designs, but everything works. Maybe it'll even fly!
Apr 16, 2019, 11:11 AM
Almost ready! Only have main wheels and axles to install, and then it should be ready to maiden. Am I a little nervous? Whew!
Apr 16, 2019, 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlumbBob
Almost ready! Only have main wheels and axles to install, and then it should be ready to maiden. Am I a little nervous? Whew!
good luck ! , let us know ! video?
Apr 17, 2019, 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P Loco85
good luck ! , let us know ! video?
Thanks! I'll see what I can do about a video.
Apr 17, 2019, 03:53 PM
BrownEyedFool: Do you have a link to the KEDA BW motors ? I'm coming up empty
Apr 18, 2019, 07:53 PM
Finished and ready to fly! I'm pretty happy with how the landing gear turned out. The plane turned out pretty good, but not perfect. Overall, though, I've learned a lot with this project. OK, no more photos until the maiden - I promise!
Apr 18, 2019, 08:44 PM
a.k.a MJ
That's look nice PlumBob. Adding a landing gear does bring interest in me to have a go too on this project. Depron 6mm sheet should be enough to hold the weight and pressure.
Apr 18, 2019, 09:14 PM
Thanks, azamkl. If you use the tiles I posted earlier, they're intended to be printed out on 8 1/2 x 11 letter size paper with 1/4" borders.
Apr 19, 2019, 07:43 AM
Ken's CAD Models
Thread OP

The Sea Fury roughed in

The work progresses as Iíve had some time.

Ken
Apr 19, 2019, 08:37 AM
Great looking Sea Fury Ken! Another winner.
Apr 19, 2019, 10:03 AM
Nice, Ken!

Quick Reply