Aug 26, 2012, 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfor
You can PM ken or he may pm you now that you asked that question if you click on his name in any of his post , like the first one it will take you to his blog , then scroll down and on the right side just over half way down you'll see in small blue writing ... send a private message to dz1sfb . Heres a link to his blog https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=129189

. you can check out his Site Here Its not done but does have his contact info . And his bulk Foam is Here http://www.modelplanefoam.com/
Thank you very much. I'm extremely interested in his kits.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 26, 2012, 02:23 PM
scratchbuilder
mazzepa,
here is a sketch of the shape I usually give the leading edge of my kfm2 wings ( sorry for the poor quality). I did so on the bearcat, too. No sanding on trailing edge.
Aug 26, 2012, 04:17 PM
This is kid stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas B.
mazzepa,
here is a sketch of the shape I usually give the leading edge of my kfm2 wings ( sorry for the poor quality). I did so on the bearcat, too. No sanding on trailing edge.
Thank you, quality is adequate for this purpose.
Material 6mm Depron?
Aug 26, 2012, 05:35 PM
Ken's CAD Models
Thread OP
The P-64 is still one of my favorites. Nice work Str8!

Its on the first page.

Ken
Aug 27, 2012, 02:54 AM
scratchbuilder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazzepa1
Thank you, quality is adequate for this purpose.
Material 6mm Depron?
It is 5 mm, hard quality, but 6mm will work fine.
Aug 27, 2012, 06:38 AM
This is kid stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas B.
It is 5 mm, hard quality, but 6mm will work fine.
Grazie.
Aug 27, 2012, 11:43 AM
AKA Don
Try the Model Plane Foam. It's 5.5 mm +- and easier to form plus less brittle than Depron. www.modelplanefoam.com
Aug 27, 2012, 02:49 PM
This is kid stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bz1mcr
Try the Model Plane Foam. It's 5.5 mm +- and easier to form plus less brittle than Depron. www.modelplanefoam.com
I have MPF on hand and it's what I intend to use. May go ahead w/the Frank 1rst if the Maachi plans don't appear for a while.

I was just making sure that what Thomas used was in the neighborhood, thickness-wise.
Aug 28, 2012, 01:10 PM
redwhskers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazzepa1
I have MPF on hand and it's what I intend to use. May go ahead w/the Frank 1rst if the Maachi plans don't appear for a while.

I was just making sure that what Thomas used was in the neighborhood, thickness-wise.
Mazze

Here are the plans I have not built it yet so if you find some parts that don't fit let me know.

Good Luck Have Fun

RW
Aug 28, 2012, 03:30 PM
This is kid stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwhskers
Mazze

Here are the plans I have not built it yet so if you find some parts that don't fit let me know.

Good Luck Have Fun

RW
Mighty big of you to get this out so fast. The very least I can do is to get cracking on a Maachi.

Plans are printed, only part I lack is the 7035x3 prop, a pair was ordered from Headsuprc this past Sunday.

Edit: Forgot to mention; Yes, I noted the correct tricolor on your latest thumbnail.

My bench will be cleared for this, should be cutting MPF this weekend. Don't despair if it's a while before you hear back from me. Besides being a noob scratch builder, I'm naturally slow as smoke on this kind of project.

Canopy detail on there, too. You're a peach, redwhskers. I won't pass it up if I have a chance to buy you a beer someday.
Last edited by Mazzepa1; Aug 28, 2012 at 03:43 PM. Reason: add comment
Aug 28, 2012, 04:19 PM
2^p - 1
I've been wanting to do this for a while, and finally had a small opportunity. I'll try to get some better footage soon, but it's still pretty neat I think.

BTW, I did get the kill at 1:03

Combat viewed from FPV - Flown with Dragon Link (1 min 43 sec)
Last edited by signflyer; Aug 28, 2012 at 06:44 PM.
Aug 29, 2012, 02:47 PM
scratchbuilder

bearcat

Here are some pictures of my bearcat. flies great.
I am thinking of building a Zero or a Yak3 or a Mig 3 next. Which one should I prefer?
Last edited by Thomas B.; Aug 29, 2012 at 02:57 PM.
Aug 29, 2012, 07:59 PM
Does anyone know how the swasticas were done on this wing. It's a pic on the first page of this thread. Is it a decal? Could it be done with an airbrush?
https://static.rcgroups.net/forums/a...7-P4250022.jpg
Aug 29, 2012, 08:09 PM
RC Adddict
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitchiker20
Does anyone know how the swasticas were done on this wing. It's a pic on the first page of this thread. Is it a decal? Could it be done with an airbrush?
https://static.rcgroups.net/forums/a...7-P4250022.jpg
I like doing my decals like This . You could airbrush aswell

Quick Reply