Thread Tools
Aug 14, 2012, 01:43 PM
redwhskers
redwhskers's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazzepa1
Same page check, I'm referring to the "Frank" plans from redwhskrs, which indicate a different reinforcing technique than I see used in his MiG3 build photos.

Confirmation that he's using MPF would help me settle on how to go forward.

Referring to the P-64 description above, cf stiffeners running along the fuze sounds like a good idea in general.
The area between the wing TE and horizontal LE seems needy for strength in my brief experience with foamies.
Mazz

Yes I am using MPL to build all my aircraft. The only differents in reinforcment is carbonfiber in the tail. The painting on the Mig-3 is almost done I will apply the decals tonight. I am working on plans for a PLF J2M Raiden(Jack) should be done soon.

RW
Last edited by redwhskers; Aug 29, 2012 at 12:54 PM. Reason: revised plans
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Aug 14, 2012, 02:47 PM
Ken's CAD Models
dz1sfb's Avatar
Thread OP
You go RW! The Jack is a great PLF.

Ken
Aug 15, 2012, 05:35 AM
redwhskers
redwhskers's Avatar

Mig-3


Will paint is on all but touch up decals on and weight establish 206 gr. Here are some pics.

RW
Aug 15, 2012, 07:43 AM
Ken's CAD Models
dz1sfb's Avatar
Thread OP
Very nicely done RW! Looks much better than I imagined. Just goes to show you that not everthing you think is as it is.

I will put your picture up on the front page with a link to your plans.

Ken
Aug 15, 2012, 07:48 AM
redwhskers
redwhskers's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by dz1sfb
Very nicely done RW! Looks much better than I imagined. Just goes to show you that not everthing you think is as it is.

I will put your picture up on the front page with a link to your plans.

Ken
Thanks Ken

I enjoy drawing plans if someone a plane in mind they would like to have plans for let me know and I will try to draw them.

RW
Aug 15, 2012, 01:58 PM
Registered User
Hey RW, Your Mig really turned out great. Let us know how the maiden goes. How do you like the Hellcat? It's definitely on my "to build" list too.
Aug 15, 2012, 02:09 PM
redwhskers
redwhskers's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by str8wing
Hey RW, Your Mig really turned out great. Let us know how the maiden goes. How do you like the Hellcat? It's definitely on my "to build" list too.
I made a mistake by building the aileron servo into the body so I have not painted yet. May just rig it and fly.

RW
Aug 15, 2012, 08:23 PM
This is kid stuff.
Mazzepa1's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwhskers
Will paint is on all but touch up decals on and weight establish 206 gr. Here are some pics.

RW
Fine looking MiG, RW. I especially like the way you tapered the fuze nose to the base dia. of the spinner. Really sharp. Still proud to see the 3 blade props on your WWII warbirds.

If you'd be so kind as to list your motor, electronics, prop and spinner spec.s I'd be grateful.
Battery is a 3s? Couldn't tell for sure from the pic.

Please plan the Maachi C205V for us.
1. Seldom modeled.
2. Good looking.
3. Abundance of cool paint/marking schemes to copy.
4. Formidable in service against front line Allied Aircraft.
Last edited by Mazzepa1; Aug 15, 2012 at 09:10 PM.
Aug 16, 2012, 06:27 AM
Thanks Ken
Yes I since have found the VLF Sea Fury plan and will give it a bash.
Aug 17, 2012, 02:43 PM
Registered User
pilotCEC's Avatar

Semff Spitfire


hi everyone finally got round to kitting my Spit out and test flying. underarm launch and she just kept climbing put full down trim in then she was OK brilliant flyer wind was rather gusty but seemed to cope alright. Landed re-trimmed elevator is now neutral. Gear used;
2208/18 Kv unknown
7x6 prop
Pulling 3.4 amp
15 amp esc
400mah 2s lipo
flight times approx 7mins
9 oz Auw
Heres the Maiden video
Depron 29in Semff Spitfire (3 min 44 sec)
Aug 17, 2012, 03:03 PM
This is kid stuff.
Mazzepa1's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotCEC
hi everyone finally got round to kitting my Spit out and test flying. underarm launch and she just kept climbing put full down trim in then she was OK brilliant flyer wind was rather gusty but seemed to cope alright. Landed re-trimmed elevator is now neutral. Gear used;
2208/18 Kv unknown
7x6 prop
Pulling 3.4 amp
15 amp esc
400mah 2s lipo
flight times approx 7mins
9 oz Auw
Heres the Maiden video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krXn0CbsWLQ&feature=plcp
Appears a good job of work, and piloting. Seems to be smoother rolling to the right than the left. Airplane's preference or yours?
Aug 17, 2012, 03:22 PM
Registered User
pilotCEC's Avatar
Thanks Mazzepa, not sure on the rolling yet only had 2 flights so far really could have done with calmer conditions will see when i get some more flights in. Just glad if flew well
Aug 20, 2012, 06:34 AM
redwhskers
redwhskers's Avatar

maiden flight


Made my maiden flight Sunday. The Mig-3 flies great the best is the MPF, I had a couple of rough landings before I got her trimed out but the MPF did a great job asorbing the hits. Would not build with any thing else. It is softer then depron so you have to have lite fingers or you can dent it very easy but it is very flexable.
The Mig-3 trims out at 205 gr with no spinner. I am using a HK Park250, Turnigy Plush 10A esc, Orange RX 6 ch, 2s 750 amh lipo, 1 Tpro 9g and 2 Tpro 5g servos and 7 x 3.5 3 bladed prop. We need 3 m MPF for this winter building micos for indoor flying. Here are pic of it all riged this is after 6 flights, I still need to complete the lining detail. Will take more pics then.

RW
Aug 20, 2012, 01:32 PM
This is kid stuff.
Mazzepa1's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwhskers
Made my maiden flight Sunday. The Mig-3 flies great the best is the MPF, I had a couple of rough landings before I got her trimed out but the MPF did a great job asorbing the hits. Would not build with any thing else. It is softer then depron so you have to have lite fingers or you can dent it very easy but it is very flexable.
The Mig-3 trims out at 205 gr with no spinner. I am using a HK Park250, Turnigy Plush 10A esc, Orange RX 6 ch, 2s 750 amh lipo, 1 Tpro 9g and 2 Tpro 5g servos and 7 x 3.5 3 bladed prop. We need 3 m MPF for this winter building micos for indoor flying. Here are pic of it all riged this is after 6 flights, I still need to complete the lining detail. Will take more pics then.

RW
Very glad to hear of your successful maiden and that you are pleased w/how the plane flies. Weight is very good for a painted bird. Appreciate the setup details.

You've got it going on, man. Flies well and a looker to boot.

Q's
1. DuBro spinner left off to keep overall weight down, balance problem, both?
2. Please describe trimming needed. Adjustments by radio and/or mechanical means?
3. Using designer's hindsight, have you identified any changes in the design/build process to achieve neutral trim off the board?

I know I already said it, but dang that's a pretty airplane.



Edit: Second the motion for 3mm MPF . For smaller birds, also for KFm4 wing doublers.
Last edited by Mazzepa1; Aug 20, 2012 at 01:35 PM. Reason: Add 3mm MPF second.
Aug 21, 2012, 08:46 AM
Registered User
I am sure this is explained somewhere but for the life of me I cannot find the definition. What does VLF and PLF stand for?


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cool Not so new plane, finally found a name David Forbes Hand Launch 5 Feb 12, 2009 02:10 PM
Visited NPM, in France and I could not resist.... got a new EPP Plane Patrick Plawner Foamies (Kits) 58 Apr 02, 2003 07:11 AM