Mar 03, 2009, 06:24 PM
AustinTatious
Thread OP
Discussion

Dont go Lion hunting if you dont have good AIM

Close call with Lion (2 min 32 sec)

woa.

Not my kind of hunting. I prefer a simple rcurve bow and smaller game!
Mar 03, 2009, 06:31 PM
St. Boondock
I'm a hunter but must admit, I was rooting for the underdog that time. Er........undercat They needed a few more people out in the field with them Should have brought the extended family as well.
Mar 03, 2009, 06:33 PM
AustinTatious
Thread OP
Yea same here!
Mar 03, 2009, 06:34 PM
Owns an Evil Black Rifle
No fair! 4 against 1! COWARDS!

*and learn how to shoot .....*
Mar 03, 2009, 06:37 PM
St. Boondock
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinTatious
Yea same here!
Other than an an African hog or warthog, I really have no interest in hunting African Game. A good friend of mine, the owner of a knife company hunts there several times a year. Honestly, the videos bore me I'd much rather hunt whitetails up north or hogs here in Fl.
Mar 03, 2009, 06:50 PM
Suspended Account
It's a wonder one of those idiots didn't shoot the other one.. where was the guy with the shotgun??

I'm glad they had Euro accents ..

jeez
Mar 03, 2009, 07:07 PM
A friend of ours goes big game hunting quite often. He has hunted in all continents, and has a couple of rooms full of trophies. He has about 5 mounted lions, several leopards, Polar bear rug, a couple of elephant trophies, not the whole animal, but tusks, feet, etc. Then of course a number of the deer family. I couldn't shoot those beautiful animals, but I'd love to go hunting with a camera. Get some pictures of them in their natural habitat.
Mar 03, 2009, 07:13 PM
St. Boondock
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefast
A friend of ours goes big game hunting quite often. He has hunted in all continents, and has a couple of rooms full of trophies. He has about 5 mounted lions, several leopards, Polar bear rug, a couple of elephant trophies, not the whole animal, but tusks, feet, etc. Then of course a number of the deer family. I couldn't shoot those beautiful animals, but I'd love to go hunting with a camera. Get some pictures of them in their natural habitat.
My friend has 4 elephant foot, foot stools with zebra tops. They are ghastly looking but rather cool none the less. Nothing wasted from the elephant. I'll see if I can find a photo on his site.
Mar 03, 2009, 07:55 PM
Hunting for trophies.....PATHETIC!
Displaying trophies.......PATHETIC!
Mar 03, 2009, 08:22 PM
When RC attacks!!!
I love to hunt for food! First I select my weapon. You have to check the wheels for good function and make sure the frame is straight. Then I puruse the ads for the discounted animals, sometimes you get lucky and run across the best game of all-"Manager's discount Item". I like to start with tracking chicken and turkey. You have to be on your toes here as other hunters like to leave there carts adrift in that area so navigating can be hazardous. Then I prowel the pork. The razorback pork chop (thick cut) can be found there. My last stop is the bison preserves! You can find some real whoopers here and the competition from other hunters can be tough. Ground bison (extra lean) is the usual fair but every now and then I'll track down the ever elusive "Prime Rib"...oui! What trophy!
Mar 03, 2009, 08:25 PM
Against it with you
Quote:
Originally Posted by downunder
Hunting for trophies.....PATHETIC!
Displaying trophies.......PATHETIC!
I've hunted in Africa. South Africa, Botswana and Gabon. On foot. With a camera. Did bump into some "Big Game Hunters" on a couple of occasions.

To a man (there were no women) loud mouthed gobshites, not at all interested in the beauty of the place or the animals, and all vainly attempting to compensate for a deficiency in the trouser department.

Probably all drive Porsches or Ferraris when at home where they are not able to so butchly demonstrate their dominance over the animal kingdom.

Still, no accounting for taste, eh?
Mar 03, 2009, 08:27 PM
characters welcome!
StainlessOne:

Sprydle: "gobshites"??

mw
The Gobshites - "Somebody Put Something In My Drink" (3 min 52 sec)
Last edited by Mark Wood; Mar 03, 2009 at 08:38 PM. Reason: the things you find on You Tube...
Mar 03, 2009, 08:43 PM
Against it with you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Wood
StainlessOne:

Sprydle: "gobshites"??

Heh, looks like a fun gig, and they look as pished as some of the gobshites I saw in Africa. I do prefer the Ramones' version though..
Mar 03, 2009, 08:46 PM
I hunt prides Dandi-lion's with a pellet rifle [20-30 yrds] does that count ?Read about it in a Co2 airgun book by James House.They become challenging when the wind picks up with all the waving around.
Mar 03, 2009, 09:56 PM
St. Boondock
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefast
For me, it's more the hunt itself. Once I drop my deer or 2 the season is over My thrill is outsmarting the game on on their turf and scouting out a trophy buck before the season. Most of my deer over the years have been taken with a bow or handgun or slug gun at 30 yards max. I almost never hunt with a rifle. MOST African hunts are guided, the scouting is done before you arrive, you're taken to the game, bang, done. If someone invited me to go with them to Africa, I'd probably bird hunt or only persue game that I could stalk.......ALONE.

Quick Reply