This thread is privately moderated by rawr404, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 02, 2009, 06:30 PM
Where'd my money go?
Thread OP
Discussion

Video and Pics Of The F-18

Here's a vid of the F-18:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1010653
Not a great flight, but I just wanted it to get in the air.

Latest video:
6mmFlyRC F-18 Hornet (2 min 19 sec)

And then here's pics after i got it stuck in the tree in my front lawn after the most random and dumb wind gust EVER.

Edit: More pics of it after it fell from 100ft. up!
Last edited by rawr404; May 02, 2010 at 09:19 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 04, 2009, 07:12 PM
Flutter-Bys are fun
You know, if, that is a big IF, you stood on your roof, with a very long pole, you just might be able to reach your plane.

I know I am a smart***. That roof looks really slippery.(:

So maybe you could get a tree man or someone to retrieve your plane.
Conehead
Orrin Eldred
Honor, MI.
having stuck more than one plane in a tree!!
Mar 04, 2009, 09:12 PM
Where'd my money go?
Thread OP
LOL! That would be too scary for me! But it came down anyway after like 2 hours. I put up more pics of the crushed nose after the 100 plus foot fall!
Mar 27, 2009, 08:43 PM
IFO's are planes too
Well, that one's going to need a new nose. We use tennis balls to get our planes down out of trees. There's not much left of them after they are hit with a tennis ball. Who wants to leave $100 worth of parts in a tree. Trees are part of the fun of this hobby. Get the parts and go build something else with them.
I hear a fishing pole with a 2 oz. sinker might do the trick too. My favorite way to get them out of the trees is to use full throttle, warp speed 9 Scotty. Try that a couple of times then get the tennis ball. I leave no planes behind, because I need the parts.
Remember this one point R404, kit buiders don't understand scratchbuilders. Keep your builds coming.
al.
Mar 27, 2009, 08:57 PM
Where'd my money go?
Thread OP
Thank you very much Al! The wind ended up blowing it out after a few hours and my fervent effort of throwing my assortment of balls at it!
The tree was right in my front yard so I could see the plane through my bedroom window! I tried the WOT and got it rocking back and forth pretty bad, but it wouldn't budge till later on and it fell to its near death hehe.

Thanks Al, I really appreciate comments like yours. I'm planning on making an indoor/small outside area flyer soon (in the next 2 weeks) so I'll put it in the blog!!

Quick Reply