Scratch Single-Rotor 23" 6.5 Ounces - Page 8 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
May 30, 2009, 04:44 PM
Thanks
to remove ads between posts
May 30, 2009, 05:25 PM
Flying...Pushing Air Down
Antonio,

You're not invading the thread; you're making it more interesting!

Post away!

Gary
May 30, 2009, 06:34 PM
Lets break some props :D

Cool

TJ

You're welcome, are you building anything yet?

Gary,

Thanks, I've tested the blades and had fun, I'm just getting the video done, I'll be back soon.
Last edited by joseico90; May 30, 2009 at 06:43 PM.
May 30, 2009, 07:25 PM
Today's Video,

Antonio.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...2#post12351493
May 31, 2009, 07:25 PM
Antonio, no I am not building yet. Still waiting on the CF for the rotors and shaft. I have been replacing sheet rock in my basement the last couple of days after replacing the leaky hot water tank.

However, after doing some more autogyro surfing, I do wonder why as a first autogyro that you don't see a stiff rotor with the coning built in like in this video. Gary, again I don't want to take away from your thread either so it my be better to ask this in a new thread.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=109
Jun 01, 2009, 05:04 AM
Thanks,

That is some great video, never seen it before, I have sent him a message in Spanish hoping he'll get back to me with more info.

A coaxial rotor like that could be fun too TJ, it looks pretty stable and simple to make, I might put it in my "to try" list.

Here is a pic of my micro gyro with some coning built(bent) in.

Antonio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tymbrewolf
Antonio, no I am not building yet. Still waiting on the CF for the rotors and shaft. I have been replacing sheet rock in my basement the last couple of days after replacing the leaky hot water tank.

However, after doing some more autogyro surfing, I do wonder why as a first autogyro that you don't see a stiff rotor with the coning built in like in this video. Gary, again I don't want to take away from your thread either so it my be better to ask this in a new thread.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=109
Last edited by joseico90; Jun 01, 2009 at 03:59 PM.
Jun 01, 2009, 06:06 PM
Hi Gary,

I hope you're doing well,

here is "something I did earlier today ,

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...3#post12365219

Antonio.
Last edited by joseico90; Jun 01, 2009 at 06:29 PM.
Jun 04, 2009, 01:08 AM

New Photos

After a few days fighting that bully Flu bug, I was able to go out and enjoy some almost-calm weather this evening. Decided to take still shots for a change of pace. Still having too much fun.

Gary
Last edited by sr71fan; Jun 04, 2009 at 01:39 AM.
Jun 04, 2009, 08:06 AM
Wow, Beautiful shots Gary!!

Love the ones with the orange tone sunlight!

Nice, Yours flies with the fusselage almost horizontal, unlike mine,

I think it's because you have more aft tilt on the rotor, it's a two blade, and your blades flex a bit more than mine, I used 10 degrees only, I must try one day.

I don't mind it that much because it comes to land already "flared" nose up!

I believe it has to do with Asymetrical Lift. (due to the stiffness of blades and hub)

You got that one pretty well sorted out Gary!

Antonio.
Last edited by joseico90; Jun 04, 2009 at 02:26 PM.
Jun 09, 2009, 02:13 PM

Auditorium Autogyro

I snuck off to the dark auditorium during our SPEF fly-in last weekend. What fun! The room is almost as big as a single-court gymnasium. It has a stage at one end, and sloped bleachers on both sides.

There's a good crash at the end of the video. My battery dumped as I was about to climb over the bleachers.

Gary

Auditorium Autogyro (5 min 26 sec)
Jun 10, 2009, 08:33 AM
Nice one Gary!!

I'm glad it didn't brake

Same thing happened to me while hovering with a foamy at the park..batt went flat ...it fell down vertically from 2m, just a small crack on the Depron elevator's moving part!
Last edited by joseico90; Jun 10, 2009 at 09:05 AM.
Jun 25, 2009, 12:58 AM

New Rotor 40 Inches Diameter

I wanted to test a larger rotor on my AG3-2, so I had to decrease the rear tilt of the shaft in order to clear the tail feathers. This is a 40-inch two blade rotor made the same way as the smaller ones with 3mm Depron and a 2mm carbon rod on the leading edge.

What a difference! This is going to be a blast indoors! I have some balancing and tracking work to do first, though. You'll see in the video...

Gary

Testing Larger Rotor on Autogyro (1 min 51 sec)
Jun 25, 2009, 03:00 AM
Closed Account
Hi sr71fan,

That was a real pleasure to watch your AG3-2 in the calm evening air, well done Sir and thanks for sharing, Cheers,
regards Al
Jun 25, 2009, 04:28 AM
Suck it and see
Hi Gary,

Beautifully stable flight and you managed a really short landing in what looked like still conditions.

Are you still using 3mm depron blades with a 2mm CF L/E?

Once you have balanced out the shakes it will be a dream!

Best wishes,

John
Jun 25, 2009, 05:09 AM
It's flying very nicely! I'm looking forward to seeing it flying indoors.
PeterO_UK

Quick Reply