Scratch Single-Rotor 23" 6.5 Ounces - Page 28 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jun 05, 2014, 12:49 PM
Thank you very much!! I think I read where you had some expo in there too.??
Should be able to test fly it tomorrow, weather providing.
Thanks again.

Gord.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 05, 2014, 01:40 PM
Flying...Pushing Air Down
Had 50 or 60 percent expo... can't remember... getting old.
Jun 05, 2014, 03:13 PM
OK. Thanks much.

Gord.
Jun 22, 2014, 09:05 AM
Finally got 'er working right. It is overweight at 8 oz. and ended up putting in a bigger motor. Made all the difference, as before with the Blue Wonder, it would barely climb and when turned, it lost too much altitude. With the BP motor and 800 to 1300 ma 3 cell batts., it now does consecutive loops and rolls. I put a wider track landing gear that helped it from rolling over too easy on the ground. Very happy with it. Thanks for a great design

Gord.
Jun 22, 2014, 11:36 AM
Video please!
Jun 22, 2014, 07:55 PM
I think a buddy got some video today. I'll beat on 'im for it. Too much fun.
Still feeling out what it can do. Almost flies like the old two channel planes with rudder and throttle only. I had her going with a lot of throttle and elevator, going along at walking speed. Still seeing what it's capable of. Very satisfied with it.

Gord.
Jan 10, 2015, 05:37 PM

Jag-4

Here is my attempt so far.
Mar 07, 2016, 01:23 PM
Is there still any activity in this thread? I just finished my Twirl and am looking for inspiration to create a single-rotor AG.
Jun 30, 2017, 08:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr71fan
After watching and flying Michael Connally's modified Twirl a couple of weeks ago, the autogyro bug bit me again.

This one has a Bluecor fuselage, Protection Board III tailfeathers, and Depron blades. A 1300KV Blue Wonder motor on 2S 460 and a 9/4.7 prop is twice the power it needs to fly.

Since the wind always blows here, I had to wait 'til almost Midnight to get in a test-flight. A local church parking lot seemed like a good place. I was pleasantly surprised when it lifted off gently and began to climb. Lots of trimming, and a CG adjustment (battery) later, I put on my hat camera for some video. This is flight #3...

Can't wait to try it out in calm daylight air!

Gary

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nqe7...eature=channel

I have your plans but im a bit confuse as to the original size of the ag3. The templates for individual pieces are bigger than the original reference plans. Which one is "correct" for lack of a better word. Also what do you recommend using for landing gear? Carbon rod probably but what thickness? Thanks!
Jun 30, 2017, 08:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flypaper 2
Finally got 'er working right. It is overweight at 8 oz. and ended up putting in a bigger motor. Made all the difference, as before with the Blue Wonder, it would barely climb and when turned, it lost too much altitude. With the BP motor and 800 to 1300 ma 3 cell batts., it now does consecutive loops and rolls. I put a wider track landing gear that helped it from rolling over too easy on the ground. Very happy with it. Thanks for a great design

Gord.
Take a look at my last post on this thread. I specifically quoted gary but maybe youll be able to answer my question as well. Also what exact motor did you use?
Jun 30, 2017, 10:44 PM
Cantaloupeman,

I don't remember having any plans, but none of the measurements are critical. The motor I used originally (AG-1?) and on all subsequent versions was a hexTronic 2730-1300 Blue Wonder from Hobby King. If I were to make another one today, I would use the same motor but higher, 1500KV. This provides dazzling performance on 2S.

Happy Flying!

Gary
Jul 01, 2017, 05:22 AM
Too far back to remember what motor I had but the Blue Wonder will work fine if you keep the weight down to what they call for.

Gord,
Jul 03, 2017, 12:12 PM
Hello
I'm trying to help a fellow member with this build

My question is was the original fuse and v2 the same or was v1 a little smaller ?

Thanks in advance