Mar 24, 2003, 11:58 PM
i've had a little 3der on my design board for a while now too. here is the wing plan (i have to refine the rest tho)
to remove ads between posts
Mar 25, 2003, 01:16 AM
Balsa Builder
Scott, your parts are on the way. Post a photo or two when you get done. I'd love to see it finished.

--Paul
Mar 25, 2003, 01:39 AM
Scott Stoops
Thread OP
You bet Paul..

-Scott
Mar 30, 2003, 10:44 PM
Scott Stoops
Thread OP
Here ya go Paul This is exactly what I was looking for. I finished it today and got a chance to get two flights on it in the wind.

I had to change the forward canopy area because of the shape of my packs so if it looks a bit different that is why. Performance is outstanding. I had my longest hover ever on the maiden flight and it got better on the second one. I set it up with ridiculous throws on high and they turned out to be perfect.

The rudder control is unreal. I can get as far as 30 or so degrees off vertical and still coax it back to vertical in the hover. Roll rate is over 2/sec on high and it'll loop in what feels like its own length). This is precisely what I wanted. Thanks Paul!

AUW came in at 19.0 with 9 Kan's. 17.9 with 8 hecells. I tend to build heavy so I'm sure it could be done lighter. Hacker B20-15L and 11x8 APC sf.

-Scott
Last edited by sukhoi26mx; Mar 30, 2003 at 10:47 PM.
Mar 30, 2003, 10:53 PM
Leave me alone!
Nicely done, Scott. I'm glad you're impressed as it lets me know what I'm in for. I'm about to start construction on my Lil 3Der

Martin
Mar 30, 2003, 11:41 PM
Balsa Builder
Looking good Scott, I'm glad to hear that you like how she flies. She does exactly what I wanted her to do...3D, not a 3D label, but 3D performance. (with a 3D label)

Slap a 12 x 6 if you have clearance, and you're in for some real fun. I flew mine indoors one day with this combo...on 8 cells and she was great.

Here's mine (second one) so far. Got a lot of work to do still.

--Paul
Last edited by Paul Susbauer; Mar 30, 2003 at 11:47 PM.
Mar 31, 2003, 09:34 PM
Notorious Battery Abuser
I can tell Paul liked the E3D..

George
Apr 01, 2003, 01:19 AM
Balsa Builder
I miss her.

--Paul
Apr 01, 2003, 04:21 AM

Lil 3Der Specs

Paul,

Looking good with your new Lil 3Der design.

I too like balsa planes. Your design seems to combine the good looks and materials of the E3D with the high performance of the foamie fuse/Balsa flight surfaces of the Tumbler and all foamie ROTO.

What does it take to get a set of plans? Are any ribs available?

Looking forward to a really enjoyable project!

TK

Quick Reply