Feb 24, 2009, 12:40 AM
AA6JB
Thread OP

Mini-Review of new FMA Multi4 Multi-Chemistry Charger

I posted this review in my Blog here on RCGroups but I am thinking it may help more folks if I post it here also, since this is a high traffic area for chargers!

Introduction

If you had a friend just embarking on his “career” in electric flight (and I just so happen to have one JUST starting into the hobby), which charger would you recommend for him? He is just learning the differences between the various battery chemistries and really does not need to be concerned and confused by all of the technicalities of battery chargers and how to charge various chemistries. For now, he just needs to be able to plug his depleted lipoly or NiMH batteries into the charger and get them pumped back up for another flight in his Nexstar EP.

Now, lets go all the way to the other end of the spectrum. You have a guy in your club who is the go-to guy in electric flight He has been into it for several years and seems to always have the answer. His park flyer fleet is large and his battery box even larger. He can speak in great detail about the science of charging batteries and even knows the basic differences between the charge cycle of a lithium polymer battery versus that of a NiCD or NiMH battery. He is a tinkerer and is always “under the hood” tweaking and endeavoring to make his equipment even better. He knows what he wants and knows how he prefers his chargers to function. Now, which charger would you recommend for HIM? It would probably be WAAAY at the other end of what you would recommend for our newbie above ... right?!

Would you believe me if I said that there is one charger that I would recommend for both greenhorn and grizzled veteran!? Yes indeed, there is and it is FMA's new Multi4. But of course now you are shaking your head and saying NO WAY! Impossible! Bear with me and please come along as I explain why I think the new Multi4 is a charger for every electric flyer.

You can read the rest of the mini-review HERE

After you finish reading it, please feel free to post here if you agree or disagree with what I am saying about this cool little charger!
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply