Mar 17, 2003, 10:47 PM

Got my Scorpio BF-109E today!

I must say the guys at Hobby-Lobby are GREAT! Living in Australia we have no where near the variety of panes & they're usually quite expensive! Hobby-Lobby are very good to deal with & certainly in future I will be buying more planes from them!

Has anyone flown this bird recently with a 300 motor? Is it hard to fly? Is it easier than a GWS P51?......Hope so! Any comments? So far it looks very good, beautiful paint job!

Fernando.....
to remove ads between posts
Mar 18, 2003, 12:59 AM
wizard of OZ
hey

how much altogether was it to get it sent to you (including plane).
off topic but i gave kelletts hobbies a ring and they said $89 for the e-starter was correct.
cant wait for flight report
Mar 18, 2003, 01:05 AM
wizard of OZ
also are you planning on using the 280 motor
Mar 18, 2003, 03:42 AM

James

The plane all up with an APC prop as well was AUD$180.00 delivered to my doorstep (work that is). Regarding Kellet's I'm going to ring Gary Kellet tomorrow because this is very poor service! However it's too late now I got my GWS Beaver for USD$36.00 & the GWS E-Starter for USD$31.00, shipping for both is USD$15.00 all up about AUD$138.00!!!

Get this I purchased through E-Bay two (2) GWS 6 channel 36Mhz RX units for AUD$55.00 each!! Compare that to Kellet's at AUD$79.00 each!

These Scorpio kits are REALLY good looking & beautifully finished!
Apr 04, 2003, 08:53 PM

Pictures of my completed plane

Plane was relatively easy to build!?
Apr 04, 2003, 08:55 PM

Carbon rod reinforcing leading edge

Please note I haven't attached the canopy yet, waiting on some thin, clear double-sided tape!
Apr 04, 2003, 08:59 PM

Carbon rod reinforcing trailing edge

These rods weren't as hard as I thought to fit!
Apr 04, 2003, 09:00 PM

Spinner close up

This spinner was a REAL PAIN IN 'D' ASS!
Apr 04, 2003, 09:08 PM

Servo tray

This was the easy bit, I had to "coat" the servo support brackets in epoxy & then drill 1mm pilot holes so the screws wouldn't split the balsa. Once in place I put a small blob of epoxy over the protruding end of the screw.
Apr 05, 2003, 08:11 AM
Nice...I'm installing the C/F rods in my Scorpio Fw190's wings like yours has. I'm heavily thinking making her a belly flopper to save weight...and there's no really usable paved areas here to land on for me.

Hey, at least you guys there can order/buy the Balsacraft Blenhiem...I've sent emails twice to the UK{england actually} to inquire about buying a kit and still heard no reply...my money's good-really!

What does your plane weigh in at...AUW or sans gear, whatever is easier for you...reading from the box works fine too.
Apr 05, 2003, 12:27 PM
EB-66C Team Member
Don't forget a flight report. I've got this in the box just waiting for other projects to finish. Nice looking plane. Think I'll give mine a coat of polycrylic to toughen it up. I also ordered the sp300 upgrade with it. Some reports I've seen say that it's hard to turn and others say it flies fine. Let's hear your opinion.