post your bikes here - Page 61 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Aug 08, 2012, 02:32 PM
Registered User
gurumods's Avatar
Took the bike out to drive my bike and walk the dog
Custom made box just for my R/C


Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Aug 08, 2012, 03:25 PM
Registered User
Kev71H's Avatar
Great explination on set up!
Aug 08, 2012, 11:21 PM
Registered User
No problem Kev
Aug 09, 2012, 04:33 AM
Registered User
Here's a bit of fun I had at the local RC track yesterday.
MM450 doing laps of RC track. jumping (5 min 55 sec)

Enjoy
Aug 09, 2012, 11:53 AM
MY '75 CZ "FALTA REPLICA" 2010
TopDave's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by chktm
Here's a bit of fun I had at the local RC track yesterday.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lYmN...e_gdata_player
Enjoy
Way to go Chris!!! You now have made the finest example of RC MX bikes in action video ever! You are working very hard to show the world the potential of these "E-gyro" bikes in a comeptition environment on a dried out dusty, hard pack clay track! No longer are we only able to run on the soft grassy,loamy high traction tracks of our older bikes. This is getting pretty exciting!
To bad ya don't have a cameraman to follow your bike around the track--must be fun setting up the camera angle for each section of the track and then having to "splice" them together to show a complete lap. Nice work Brother!
Last edited by TopDave; Aug 09, 2012 at 12:08 PM.
Aug 09, 2012, 05:16 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopDave
Way to go Chris!!! You now have made the finest example of RC MX bikes in action video ever! You are working very hard to show the world the potential of these "E-gyro" bikes in a comeptition environment on a dried out dusty, hard pack clay track! No longer are we only able to run on the soft grassy,loamy high traction tracks of our older bikes. This is getting pretty exciting!
To bad ya don't have a cameraman to follow your bike around the track--must be fun setting up the camera angle for each section of the track and then having to "splice" them together to show a complete lap. Nice work Brother!
Good fun doing the track work, a little tedious putting the vid together though. Have I put that bit in yet? Got tonnes of footage. Lol have got a small hand camera which I'll try to get better shots again with. oh nearly fried a tyre on that surface quick smart, good thing for the bead locks.
Aug 12, 2012, 02:28 PM
Closed Account
Good weather brought me back out to play. The ground is so hard and dusty now it's ripping knobbles of the rear tyre like it's been run on tarmac.

Name: 264847_122321751247222_233389379_n.jpg
Views: 111
Size: 160.1 KB
Description:

Name: 432168_122321771247220_5155158_n.jpg
Views: 107
Size: 203.8 KB
Description:
Aug 12, 2012, 03:14 PM
Vzzznnnn...
vegos's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Bradbury
Good weather brought me back out to play. The ground is so hard and dusty now it's ripping knobbles of the rear tyre like it's been run on tarmac.

Attachment 5077656

Attachment 5077657
Hehe, I just finished service of my Anderson and it has the same amount of duct tape, like yours
Aug 12, 2012, 03:35 PM
Closed Account
At 40 Euros a pop for a new rider, I think Gaffa tape is well in order. I think it is the only way to get him to both flex AND stay together. I might wrap him head to foot in bandages too and call him the Egyptian Mummy.
Aug 12, 2012, 04:56 PM
Vzzznnnn...
vegos's Avatar
Yeap, its expensive. What I did is to fill the rider with polyurethane foam. It's a bit heavier but it doesn't break easily.

And here's a video that I edit on my phone, from today's playing

Anderson M5 Cross Jumps in Slow Motion (0 min 56 sec)
Aug 12, 2012, 05:26 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Bradbury
At 40 Euros a pop for a new rider, I think Gaffa tape is well in order. I think it is the only way to get him to both flex AND stay together. I might wrap him head to foot in bandages too and call him the Egyptian Mummy.
JB do you guys have shoe goo over there? Really good for repairing/ strengthening Lexan.
Aug 12, 2012, 05:55 PM
Closed Account
Already shoo goo'd. Gaffa is like some kind of girdle. (Oooh err missus).

It holds it all together but let's the body flex, but you can get the rider to flex around the right parts, another bit of bike tuning I found out today.

If you strengthen the rider in certain places, you can influence how the bike copes with endo cartwheels. My bike pulled to the right slightly so I might tinker and see which bit needs reinforcing first. With a bit of luck, I might get him 'balanced out' so he rolls consistently. He is certainly a lot stronger.
Aug 13, 2012, 03:43 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Bradbury
Already shoo goo'd. Gaffa is like some kind of girdle. (Oooh err missus).

It holds it all together but let's the body flex, but you can get the rider to flex around the right parts, another bit of bike tuning I found out today.

If you strengthen the rider in certain places, you can influence how the bike copes with endo cartwheels. My bike pulled to the right slightly so I might tinker and see which bit needs reinforcing first. With a bit of luck, I might get him 'balanced out' so he rolls consistently. He is certainly a lot stronger.
Ha ha no worries I know about the balance bit, when I pulled a backflip with one of vinnies hands off he tried to do a 360.
Aug 13, 2012, 04:14 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by chktm
Here's a bit of fun I had at the local RC track yesterday.
Enjoy
Awesome video....

I found myself looking if the rider put any feet on the ground at hairpins!!!!!

So real handling, great balance in the air and nose down landings....

I want one of these bikes!!!!

But I want one with same suspension setup as yours....



Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
60" F-20 Tigershark. Post your PICS here. oldpilot Slope 66 Sep 07, 2004 06:57 PM
Yippee! Post Your Videos Here? NewRotary Micro Helis 6 Jun 24, 2004 08:17 AM
Cool Depron Biplanes! Gotta love em! Post your pictures here! KreAture Foamies (Kits) 0 Apr 04, 2004 01:13 PM
Bipes FF or Depron post your pics here jdcook54 Foamies (Kits) 5 Feb 04, 2004 12:50 PM
Yippee! mtj43000 KCCarlton 3D Foamies Pic Post (Post Your Pics here) KCCarlton Foamies (Kits) 6 Nov 19, 2003 11:21 PM